Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a game of poker at this stage. We know Barcelona need to sell. Barcelona know he's our key target and the pressure on us increases the longer this takes. I don't blame them for playing hardball and dragging it on. Even if we lose patience and pull out of the deal, they'll probably be able to find another buyer.

Which is why we shouldn't pull out. We just sit there with the offer we are happy with.

Which is why we shouldn't pull out. We just sit there with the offer we are happy with.
United really have nothing to gain from pulling out of negotiations as it stands. We can still sound out and chase other targets just in case, and whats saying we're not?

How much longer can we do that though, Romero on the wind up saying Barca will announce departure. Yes it will be Lenglet to Spurs.

So we brought in one of the most promising coaches in world football but you are sure, that he needs this specific player to make it happen? I mean, he made it happen without him at Ajax, didn't he?
Winning the league with Ajax is obviously not on the same level as doing in in the PL. He did it with DVB too, doesn't mean he's going to make him the centerpiece of the team.

There are always alternatives. They may be not as rounded as FDJ right now, but you wouldn't need to take the drama and you could save some cash to bring in another player. Footballteams can't just be built on one fecking player anymore. What if he does his ligament 4 weeks in the season. Then what? Send the season to hell because "there is nothing we could do?"
There are probably many 'alternatives' who could improve us, but he's the one who can make the biggest impact and get us to play the way he wants to as quickly as possible. Especially since he (and Eriksen) already understand the philosophy. He seems like a player who best fits a specific role, and Barca arent willing to build around him.

United really have nothing to gain from pulling out of negotiations as it stands. We can still sound out and chase other targets just in case, and whats saying we're not?

So if that's the case why aren't we hearing about who it is from usual suspects

I'd say the famous "one player per time"-strategy of the last years? And don't tell me about Dutch LBs nobody know the names of 6 weeks ago or free agents with potentially serious health conditions.

Yeah I agree. The only worry is, the longer this drags on, the more chance there is of someone like a PSG waking up and deciding they're interested.

So if that's the case why aren't we hearing about who it is from usual suspects
Whats to say we're not? I'm going to go out on a limb and say not everything we do is reported or leaked? I genuinely don't know, but we could be potentially sounding out many targets that we don't know about.

Yeah I agree. The only worry is, the longer this drags on, the more chance there is of someone like a PSG waking up and deciding they're interested.

true. However most probably we'll end up signing him on Barca's terms as every alternative player ends up moving elsewhere or their club would refuse to sell them up so late in the transfer window.

Whats to say we're not? I'm going to go out on a limb and say not everything we do is reported or leaked? I genuinely don't know, but we could be potentially sounding out many targets that we don't know about.

Most things we do are, will give an exception to this Albanian back up GK

There are probably many 'alternatives' who could improve us, but he's the one who can make the biggest impact and get us to play the way he wants to as quickly as possible. Especially since he (and Eriksen) already understand the philosophy. He seems like a player who best fits a specific role, and Barca arent willing to build around him.
I hear this a lot, the question is, what is this supposed to mean?! Even Pep adjusted his "philosophy" for PL. ETH has to adjusted to the existing player material too. And even if FDJ gets what he is supposed to do, what about the rest of the players who have to adjust to him and his skill set.

I agree with one of the above posters: we could leave our offer on the table, waiting for things to happen. But it must not stop us from doing any other business parallel. And for alternatives for FDJ as well. He is a ball progressor, a pretty good one of course, but sure not some next level talent, lets not act, as if there are no others like that. We just let one go, French league seems to produce two or three every year.

I hear this a lot, the question is, what is this supposed to mean?! Even Pep adjusted his "philosophy" for PL. ETH has to adjusted to the existing player material too. And even if FDJ gets what he is supposed to do, what about the rest of the players who have to adjust to him and his skill set.

I agree with one of the above posters: we could leave our offer on the table, waiting for things to happen. But it must not stop us from doing recruiting along with it. And with alternatives for FDJ as well. He is a progressor, lets not act, as if there are no others like that. We just let one go, French league seems to produce two or three every year.

We can't play this poker game much longer, he needs time to bed in before the season starts

Where on earth is this confidence coming from
Why are you so negative?

This isn't your everyday ordinary transfer. This is dealing with a player who is owed a lot of money and a club that is in desperate financial turmoil who can't afford to pay that money.
Things will be resolved but it's not, and never was going to be, resolved overnight

I’ve not seen anything to give serious doubt.
Exactly, all we've really had is the Frenkie wants to stay (obviously, he's not going to say he wants to leave, given the money situation) and the Chelsea links (which are pretty much understood to be Barca just putting out crap to get United moving). Aside from that, there has been absolutely nothing to say this isn't doable

Hopefully he want to come to United. But if not. Another really good super creative and offensive option is Jude Bellingham. 19 years of age with a MV : 80 mill euros

Both of De Jong and Bellingham are high self confidence players. They have a belief they can dribble whole opponent team players.
And they do and able to dribbler past really many players.
And both of them have goals in them too. Both have good end product.

Yeah Ten Hag shall go for De Jong. But if in somehow. He is not coming. The next and really close to a top level of a creative and offensive player is Bellingham.
Only for Bellingham. The closest to the top level as possible. Not Tielemans United have been link too.
Tielemans is really good too. But i think and believe as the full packet. Both mentality, physical and ball skill and flair. Tielemans is not up there with De JOng and Bellingham.

If not De Jong. The best alternative option is Jude Bellingham. Like De JOng. Bellingham has a dominace presence. A dominant player. A player that take control and dictate a lot = Super creative and offensive.

Jude Bellingham is my best recomendation. Beside Frenkie De JOng Ten Hag and United are chasing.

If you think there’s even a 1% chance of signing Bellingham for 80 million then boy, I want some of what you’re smoking

We can't play this poker game much longer, he needs time to bed in before the season starts
I'd say, if it is only FDJ who is coming in late in window, we could get by as long as we don't dilly dally with other transfers and bring them in as soon as possible.

Why are you so negative?

This isn't your everyday ordinary transfer. This is dealing with a player who is owed a lot of money and a club that is in desperate financial turmoil who can't afford to pay that money.
Things will be resolved but it's not, and never was going to be, resolved overnight
Yeah just be passive. Worked wonders in the past. Just lets see what happens. And in case something goes wrong, it was just bad luck.

Then maybe he’s not the one we should be going for. We need a team not this individual player nonsense again.
Seems like there is a big chunk of supporters who didn't take anything away from all the lessons our painful failures in the last 10 years was giving us. "We are happy to stop the drama with Pogba, let there be calmness, oh Barca is in shambles maybe we could try to be part of their issues". "We have a not functioning team, everybody is in bad form, lets bring in a manager with a system. Oh but we need this one specific key player, who is worth any troubles possible".

I'd say the famous "one player per time"-strategy of the last years? And don't tell me about Dutch LBs nobody know the names of 6 weeks ago or free agents with potentially serious health conditions.
Funny how we negotiated for FDJ while also negotiating for Malacia while also talking with Eriksen and now Martinez & Antony.

But hey let’s push that one player per time narrative eh? If we say it enough times, it’ll stick!

Funny how we negotiated for FDJ while also negotiating for Malacia while also talking with Eriksen and now Martinez & Antony.

But hey let’s push that one player per time narrative eh? If we say it enough times, it’ll stick!
Ah sorry, must have missed the presentation of the last three players then :D But hey, talking to players is just as good as signing them. ^^

Exactly, all we've really had is the Frenkie wants to stay (obviously, he's not going to say he wants to leave, given the money situation) and the Chelsea links (which are pretty much understood to be Barca just putting out crap to get United moving). Aside from that, there has been absolutely nothing to say this isn't doable

Yeah it's clear that the relationship between player and club has completely broken down so he's going somewhere. I don't see where else that could be except Old Trafford. Meanwhile Barca run the risk of destroying their reputation, getting sanctioned by UEFA, getting stuffed in court and all sorts, none of which as anything to do with us. They will have to cut their losses at some point or the collateral damage will become uncontainable. This is not normal behaviour.

Hopefully he want to come to United. But if not. Another really good super creative and offensive option is Jude Bellingham. 19 years of age with a MV : 80 mill euros

Both of De Jong and Bellingham are high self confidence players. They have a belief they can dribble whole opponent team players.
And they do and able to dribbler past really many players.
And both of them have goals in them too. Both have good end product.

Yeah Ten Hag shall go for De Jong. But if in somehow. He is not coming. The next and really close to a top level of a creative and offensive player is Bellingham.
Only for Bellingham. The closest to the top level as possible. Not Tielemans United have been link too.
Tielemans is really good too. But i think and believe as the full packet. Both mentality, physical and ball skill and flair. Tielemans is not up there with De JOng and Bellingham.

If not De Jong. The best alternative option is Jude Bellingham. Like De JOng. Bellingham has a dominace presence. A dominant player. A player that take control and dictate a lot = Super creative and offensive.

Jude Bellingham is my best recomendation. Beside Frenkie De JOng Ten Hag and United are chasing.

WUMWUMWUM

This is the one thing I have been trying to find out. @Ragnar123 how much exactly is the new gross wage limit.

As I understood it, it's not about a hard limit but about market value, since Bartomeu paid mediocre players much more than they were actually worth it and they are a big reason barca has this wage mess in the first place. They sit on players like Umtiti, Lenglet, Pjanic, Neto, Braithwaite. They earn way too much and way above any club would pay them, so they sit their contracts out or leave only on loan, where barca needs to pay up the difference. This has to stop.

The benchmark now are the new contracts Pedri, Fati and Araujo signed, as well as Gavi and Dembele (if he signs) are getting. Pedri, currently the best player in the squad, signed for around €6m net. Araujo signed thankfully a take it or leave €5m, although he had like €8m net offers from PL clubs. Dembele had a €10m net offer in winter, now barca offers him the same as Pedri and Fati are getting, around €6m net. And when Gavi turns 18 in august, he will earn the same as Araujo. Thats more or less how Laporta's board values those boys and everyone else has to fit in this. Frenkie with his €19m gross, which is nearly double of those I mentioned (deffered or not) doesn't fit in this system anymore.
If barca signs a superstar like a two times fifa player of the year Lewandowski, of course he will earn more since he is valued higher, so thats why there is no hard wage limit.

So every new contract depends now on how much Laporta's board value the player and they dont value Frenkie that high to earn double of Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and Dembele. That's why they seek possibilities to either reduce or sell him, if of course he wants to. Nobody can force him as I mention every time.

Yeah it's clear that the relationship between player and club has completely broken down so he's going somewhere. I don't see where else that could be except Old Trafford. Meanwhile Barca run the risk of destroying their reputation, getting sanctioned by UEFA, getting stuffed in court and all sorts, none of which as anything to do with us. They will have to cut their losses at some point or the collateral damage will become uncontainable. This is not normal behaviour.
Sad thing is, there is a chance, that, with all the politics involved at the club, that they are just racing to not be the one board or president who is in charge when the house of cards finally drops. This would explain the financial measures they took which, as far as I understood, were last ditch efforts that come at the price of even bigger problems in the future. It is a shame, what happened at this club. Mes que un club my a**.

We’re not even getting him are we? This is the one that drags out for us this summer… every transfer window we always have that one target that’s difficult to sign. Really hope we push hard for this one as I think he’s crucial to the rebuild and the way ten Hag wants to play.

We’re not even getting him are we? This is the one that drags out for us this summer… every transfer window we always have that one target that’s difficult to sign. Really hope we push hard for this one as I think he’s crucial to the rebuild and the way ten Hag wants to play.

We most certainly will. Heh heh.

If we really want him then we have to get it over the line otherwise no matter what the actual reasons are the media will feast on yet another drawn out transfer failure, we need to turn the attitudes to our transfers around and get people talking positively about them.

It feels like it's more likely than unlikely at this point, but it will drag out for a while. Unless another club comes into the picture or we lose interest it's hard to see what other outcome can happen. They won't want him doing a Bale.

As I understood it, it's not about a hard limit but about market value, since Bartomeu paid mediocre players much more than they were actually worth it and they are a big reason barca has this wage mess in the first place. They sit on players like Umtiti, Lenglet, Pjanic, Neto, Braithwaite. They earn way too much and way above any club would pay them, so they sit their contracts out or leave only on loan, where barca needs to pay up the difference. This has to stop.

The benchmark now are the new contracts Pedri, Fati and Araujo signed, as well as Gavi and Dembele (if he signs) are getting. Pedri, currently the best player in the squad, signed for around €6m net. Araujo signed thankfully a take it or leave €5m, although he had like €8m net offers from PL clubs. Dembele had a €10m net offer in winter, now barca offers him the same as Pedri and Fati are getting, around €6m net. And when Gavi turns 18 in august, he will earn the same as Araujo. Thats more or less how Laporta's board values those boys and everyone else has to fit in this. Frenkie with his €19m gross, which is nearly double of those I mentioned (deffered or not) doesn't fit in this system anymore.
If barca signs a superstar like a two times fifa player of the year Lewandowski, of course he will earn more since he is valued higher, so thats why there is no hard wage limit.

So every new contract depends now on how much Laporta's board value the player and they dont value Frenkie that high to earn double of Pedri, Gavi, Araujo and Dembele. That's why they seek possibilities to either reduce or sell him, if of course he wants to. Nobody can force him as I mention every time.
Wouldn’t it make sense to sell him given your strength and depth in midfield? I don’t know why this has dragged for so long - do you think United are not offering a fair deal, Laporta playing politics or something else (like Frenkie not actually being that keen on a move)?

Laporta was fairly thin twenty years ago during his first tenure. Has he been on a pizza only diet the last decade?

Status
Not open for further replies.