Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he want to come to United. But if not. Another really good super creative and offensive option is Jude Bellingham. 19 years of age with a MV : 80 mill euros

Both of De Jong and Bellingham are high self confidence players. They have a belief they can dribble whole opponent team players.
And they do and able to dribbler past really many players.
And both of them have goals in them too. Both have good end product.

Yeah Ten Hag shall go for De Jong. But if in somehow. He is not coming. The next and really close to a top level of a creative and offensive player is Bellingham.
Only for Bellingham. The closest to the top level as possible. Not Tielemans United have been link too.
Tielemans is really good too. But i think and believe as the full packet. Both mentality, physical and ball skill and flair. Tielemans is not up there with De JOng and Bellingham.

If not De Jong. The best alternative option is Jude Bellingham. Like De JOng. Bellingham has a dominace presence. A dominant player. A player that take control and dictate a lot = Super creative and offensive.

Jude Bellingham is my best recomendation. Beside Frenkie De JOng Ten Hag and United are chasing.

So if they have such a weak hand and have to get rid why isn't the deal going anywhere

I would speculate that they are playing for time in the hope that FdJ or MUFC will buy the bluff and fold first. If they could bring another richer buyer into the picture then MUFC might indeed fold and pay the wages to get it done. Or FdJ might forgo the wages if he thinks the deal might evaporate altogether. But neither of those things seems likely and everyone in the negotiation can see that Barca are the ones who have to fold first.

I emphasise this is all a bit speculative but that's how it reads to me.

Hopefully he want to come to United. But if not. Another really good super creative and offensive option is Jude Bellingham. 19 years of age with a MV : 80 mill euros

Both of De Jong and Bellingham are high self confidence players. They have a belief they can dribble whole opponent team players.
And they do and able to dribbler past really many players.
And both of them have goals in them too. Both have good end product.

Yeah Ten Hag shall go for De Jong. But if in somehow. He is not coming. The next and really close to a top level of a creative and offensive player is Bellingham.
Only for Bellingham. The closest to the top level as possible. Not Tielemans United have been link too.
Tielemans is really good too. But i think and believe as the full packet. Both mentality, physical and ball skill and flair. Tielemans is not up there with De JOng and Bellingham.

If not De Jong. The best alternative option is Jude Bellingham. Like De JOng. Bellingham has a dominace presence. A dominant player. A player that take control and dictate a lot = Super creative and offensive.

Jude Bellingham is my best recomendation. Beside Frenkie De JOng Ten Hag and United are chasing.

I think Bellingham is next years plan. A midfield of FDJ and Bellingham is seriously :drool:

Someone please tell me ETH spoke to FDJ and ensured he’s willing to come before we embarked on this endless saga. We should never ever chase a big name unless the manager has spoken to him and gotten certain assurances.
He has.

and we know how easy it is to negotiate with Dortmund :rolleyes:. every top club in england plus madrid will be going for him when dortmund decide to sell. United's chance of getting him are 0.

He agreed to significantly reduce his wages over the last two years - the idea Barcelona don’t owe him any of that money should he leave is proper bonkers absurd. Of course they do. It’s a fairly simple situation - They want to sell him as they want the fee and not to pay his wages under the terms they agreed. FDJ is likely saying I want to stay, I’ll leave but you owe me the deferred money. Barcelona disagree. If Barcelona don’t come to a settlement they won’t get the fee and will have to pay his wages to the agreed schedule - 88m over the next 4 years. That isn’t in their interests. FDJ holds all the power here - either he stays at the club of his dreams earning shit tons as agreed or Barca pay him off so they reduce their wage bill, get a fee and sign the players they want.

I believe this is going the way of Sneijder/ Fabregas/ Thiago. Don’t do this to yourselves.

Certainly seems this way. It's difficult to be anything but pessimistic about the future of the club, it's the same feck ups and shitty strategies being followed through when it's obvious that we're in a situation which requires major direction and drive.

Beginning to care less about football as a supporter nowadays. The clubs been taking us for mugs for too long.

Someone please tell me ETH spoke to FDJ and ensured he’s willing to come before we embarked on this endless saga. We should never ever chase a big name unless the manager has spoken to him and gotten certain assurances.
Is that not a given at this stage?! I thought it was common knowledge he is keen to work with ETH if he leaves Barca? Just this week he has said he has no interest in Chelsea too. I’d say he’s given his word.

Im not ITK or anything like that, but I suspect the problem is Barca want FdJ to say he wants a move, which might mean the Barca don’t have to pay him as much the £17m in deferred wages, so FdJ is coming out and saying he wants to stay so he can get him £17m and at the same time has told ETH he is willing to move once he gets his money…could all just be BS that my brain had made up.

I know its been said the swap deal wont be happening but I still think theres a chance that they offer FdJ to City in a swap for Silva. Be funny if they did and FdJ said no I want the MU move or im staying put.

Im not ITK or anything like that, but I suspect the problem is Barca want FdJ to say he wants a move, which might mean the Barca don’t have to pay him as much the £17m in deferred wages, so FdJ is coming out and saying he wants to stay so he can get him £17m and at the same time has told ETH he is willing to move once he gets his money…could all just be BS that my brain had made up.

I know its been said the swap deal wont be happening but I still think theres a chance that they offer FdJ to City in a swap for Silva. Be funny if they did and FdJ said no I want the MU move or im staying put.
I don’t think you are a million miles away there.

Has he return to Barcelona for pre-season trainings?

It will be something like that. But the truth is he would want to stay if they actually wanted to play him and were willing to pay what they agreed. Wanting to leave in these circumstances is getting close to constructive dismissal.

It will be something like that. But the truth is he would want to stay if they actually wanted to play him and were willing to pay what they agreed. Wanting to leave in these circumstances is getting close to constructive dismissal.

I agree, he most likely would want to stay at Barca if it wasn’t for the money problems they are having.

It amazes me that they still owe money to players yet they still went out and bought in Aubamayang Traore and a few others, now they are after Lewa, Neves and Raphina. Pique is owed around 20m by himself, no wonder Shakira left :lol:

Yeah lets make them out bid us for everyone of their targets. £150m for Lewa £100m for Raphina £100m for Neves :lol:

News Flash June 2025: Barca President Laporte announces that the club he loves will cease its operations due to the failure of the economic levers.

It’s all good, we have until September! Already the club is moving on to other targets as the fee for Frenkie is agreed, hence Malacia signing, Eriksen agreeing and talks for about 50 players from Ajax. :cool:

No we don't have until September, you see this ridiculous way of thinking is music to those yankee leeches ears. We need to have De Jong in place and ready to go for Liverpool on Aug 20.

News Flash June 2025: Barca President Laporte announces that the club he loves will cease its operations due to the failure of the economic levers.

More likely,

News Flash “Spains largest Sports Direct Outlet has opened on the grounds of the stadium that used to be home to FC Barcelona that went bankrupt after Frenkie De Jong refused to lower his wages”

Why on earth would he agree to that. Come on guys have some common sense. Frenkie didn't have to agree to taking a pay cut at all if he didn't want to. He isn't going to give Barca the most obvious way to avoid paying him wages they owe.
I gave up trying to explain it to people. It seems nobody has ever negotiated anything in their life...

If it is that easy, why didn't he join United yet?.
I'm pretty sure he loses his claim on the 17m Euro, if he moves clubs this summer.
Barcelona might be cnuts bit they aren't that dumb or better their legal team isn't that dumb.
Because Utd are still trying to sort the add ons package in the fee with Barca and Barca themselves are trying to get FDJ to take a pay cut which he'll refuse but hasn't yet.
Even if he is guaranteed to have the deferred wages paid he still needs to do due diligence that goal posts won't be shifted.

I think at this point it's borderline negligent to not put in place a back up signing. We are placing the hopes of our entire season on this nonsense.

Those are all Plans B. That's the problem.

There is a huge drop-off from FdJ to any one of those lot. So does ETH and the team stick or fold? It's easy for us to bitch and suddenly develop 20/20 hindsight experts as many have already done.

But it's a tough decision, especially for a position/role that's critical to ETH's philosophy.

Fyi. I would prefer Tielemanns to the other two though.

There is no one else like him.
So we brought in one of the most promising coaches in world football but you are sure, that he needs this specific player to make it happen? I mean, he made it happen without him at Ajax, didn't he?

Its bullshit. "There are no alternatives" is nothing but bullshit, being carried around by people who are again so invested in a specific topic(/player/manager) that they lost the grip on reality. The player wasn't even an essential for Barca, ffs.

There are always alternatives. They may be not as rounded as FDJ right now, but you wouldn't need to take the drama and you could save some cash to bring in another player. Footballteams can't just be built on one fecking player anymore. What if he does his ligament 4 weeks in the season. Then what? Send the season to hell because "there is nothing we could do?"

I think at this point it's borderline negligent to not put in place a back up signing. We are placing the hopes of our entire season on this nonsense.

Should have Neves lined up in the background, yes I know he's not got the same quality.

Sounds like a game of poker at this stage. We know Barcelona need to sell. Barcelona know he's our key target and the pressure on us increases the longer this takes. I don't blame them for playing hardball and dragging it on. Even if we lose patience and pull out of the deal, they'll probably be able to find another buyer.

Sounds like a game of poker at this stage. We know Barcelona need to sell. Barcelona know he's our key target and the pressure on us increases the longer this takes. I don't blame them for playing hardball and dragging it on. Even if we lose patience and pull out of the deal, they'll probably be able to find another buyer.

Yeah glad you mention that pressure is on us

I'm surprised that the levers would seize up so quickly considering the amount of jizz sprayed on them by their rabid fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.