Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on earth do you get any real confidence he actually wants to come here from though?

Don't misunderstand me, I have no idea what the lad is thinking, but if he has told ten Hag he wants to come here (or at least have the good grace to tell him he does not want to come here, given their prior relationship) then what Chelsea do is irrelevant.

Do keep up.

Everyone we sign has to be Dutch, playing in Holland or have played for Ajax in their career now.

The English thing is done, thank goodness.
The problem is even bigger than I thought...they haven't worked out that Holland isn't part of England. I can see how the "and" would confuse them

It'd be interesting if Chelsea are letting Barca use their name to hurry us along, given that they want the money to push through a deal for Raphinha, a player that Chelsea also reportedly want. What would Chelsea really gain from that?
No idea why boehly and eghbali went to meet Barca president in person for selling them azpi and Alonso. I personally don't think de Jong will be our priority in this window even though he is a great player. Our priority is defense and can't spend some 70 mn on midfielder.

Already agreed to spend some 90 mn for city s sterling and ake. Need minimum one central defender and back up wing back and possible one more winger if ziyech goes.

Thats the thing, we've known this for a while. de Jong won't reduce his wage, Barca won't allow him to stay on his current contract, they'll force him out as soon as they can.
Ten Hag must have assurances that he wants to come, or else he really would walk away. He's probably been told that when the wage situation is sorted with Barca, he'll happy discuss personal terms with United, but they're not expected to be an issue

Thats the thing, we've known this for a while. de Jong won't reduce his wage, Barca won't allow him to stay on his current contract, they'll force him out as soon as they can.
Ten Hag must have assurances that he wants to come, or else he really would walk away. He's probably been told that when the wage situation is sorted with Barca, he'll happy discuss personal terms with United, but they're not expected to be an issue
Careful now or ETH might get hit with @golden_blunder ’s ban hammer! :D:nervous:

I sure hope so, it's getting a tad boring at the moment.
It’s actually far from boring. Mind-boggling is what it is. :wenger:

It’s also shockingly entertaining to see what a joke Barca have become. I can assure you the majority of their fan base is quite embarrassed by their dire situation. Quite a few of my friends in one of my social circles are Barca fans and they’re dead silent and MIA these days. Those who do dare speak up are just saving grace instead of defending anything. :lol:

I mean I used to feel bad for Arsenal fans at a certain point in time but Barca have become the joke of a century by a mile.

This will run to the end of the window, but not because of United being slow or being bad etc etc.

It's quite simply a game of chicken between FDJ and Barca.

barca want him to renew his salary at a 50%+ reduction. FDJ clearly isn't happy with that, he wants to stay but at the full wage.

barca NEED to sell him as he's their highest value player that can be replaced.

Essentially it'll come down to who budges first, and I don't think it'll be FDJ. It's probably going to happen right at the end though.

It’s just…. Well, you don’t have to post everything that pops into your head.
Strange post and slightly hypocritical. Call it off for the night I’d say. I made a suggestion mate and you got your knickers in a twist.

At this point, Richard fecking Briers has a lot to answer for.

He wants his jaw snapping.

After the 30th of June, which came and went, at least there is another date, the end of July. Only about three weeks to go.

The transfer window closing before the season starts really would help situations like this. We probably have 2 months left of this saga, it could indeed break the Internet the amount of pages this thread will reach.

Strange post and slightly hypocritical. Call it off for the night I’d say. I made a suggestion mate and you got your knickers in a twist.
You called for the thread to be closed because you don’t like the content. All I said was maybe don’t read this one. Friendly enough suggestion really. No twisting of under garments, especially no panties cos I don’t wear them .

It would not surprise me if Barca didn't want us to cover the wages they owe him.

This is essentially where we are at according to the guys from the Athletic yesterday. Fee is agreed, they want to sell him despite all noise to the contrary and he is happy to come in the circumstances. Problem is they owe him something like 17M in deferred wages and have taken the stance that they are not going to pay it and that if we are buying him we should pay it which is obviously nonsense. Now we wait because if they don't sell then eventually they will have to pay up and be stuck with a player they don't want to pay. I hate the waiting but honestly it is the right thing to do when Barca are being so utterly stupid about the whole thing. Barca think that by posturing they will either browbeat us into paying the money or FDJ will agree to write it off, neither of these things has even a tiny possibility of happening and they need to stop living in a fantasy world where they invent financial rules as they go along.

Still think they report this so wrong.

“Reducing his salary” is bollocks, what they want him to do is forgo the wages he is owed for doing the club an absolute massive favour by agreeing to get paid just 57,000 /week in 2020/21 and something like 115 /week in 2021/22.
That’s what De Jong won’t agree to and why the feck should he? He’s being absolutely shafted for being a brilliant servant to a club who was willing to forgo 17m quid in salary. Who the feck else does that for a club he’s been at barely a year?

If he’d been paid on his contracted 250k /week for the past two years, I’ve little doubt he’d be open to reducing his wage, because well, he fecking deferred 17m of wages for that club.

Last edited:

“Reducing his salary” is bollocks, what they want him to do is forgo the wages he is owed for doing the club an absolute massive favour by agreeing to get paid just 57,000 /week in 2020/21 and something like 115 /week in 2021/22.
That’s what De Jong won’t agree to and why the feck should he? He’s being absolutely shafted for being a brilliant servant to a club who was willing to forgo 17m quid in salary. Who the feck else does that for a club he’s been at barely a year?

If he’d been paid on his contracted 250k /week for the past two years, I’ve little doubt he’d be open to reducing his wage, because well, he fecking deferred 17m of wages for that club.

Yep. I said this earlier in the thread. FdJ loves Barcelona and agreed massive adjustments to help Barca out. I'm sure he'd love to work it out but Barca have been unbeliveable. Good will is going to be in very short supply.

I don’t think FDJ has been as mentioned as much in the past 2 months as in his whole career.

Yep. I said this earlier in the thread. FdJ loves Barcelona and agreed massive adjustments to help Barca out. I'm sure he'd love to work it out but Barca have been unbeliveable. Good will is going to be in very short supply.

At some point any person is going to see that it’s a one way relationship and that they are getting royally fecked over by a club that gives zero shits about you.
Imagine being a player of that level agreeing to the massive pay adjustments thinking “it’s fine, I’m gonna spend my career here and I’ll get the money back later regardless” (hell he may even have some loans etc based on those future wages) and then watching as you are due to start receiving some of that owed money and finally your original contracted wage yet they stick you up for sale, hand out 6 figure salaries to Aubameyang, Christensen and Kesse and have to the cheek to say “we’d love to keep you, but that contract you did us a massive favour on, well now that we have to start paying you like a top player again, yeah well we don’t wanna do that. In fact, we not only wanna not pay you back for that favour, we wanna pay you less than your original contract”.

It’s fecking mind boggling and no surprise De Jong appears to be saying “feck you cnuts”.

I think it's a mixture of forgoing the amount he is owed along with reducing his 250k pw wages to something closer to what he was the past 2 seasons (aka make his reduced, deferred rate his permanent rate). Its bullshit from Barca.

Ugh. This f*****g thread.

I click it mostly out of muscle memory at this point. Nothing like waking up in the morning to two whole pages development. You just know it's the same recycled bullshit you read yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.