Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So guys, this like about the agents being caught off guard by the Chelsea links... i've not fully read it, but am i right in thinking that it means Chelsea agents are surprised and caught off guard about the apparent concrete interest? Or is it everyone was caught off guard about how quickly they announced interest?

So guys, this like about the agents being caught off guard by the Chelsea links... i've not fully read it, but am i right in thinking that it means Chelsea agents are surprised and caught off guard about the apparent concrete interest? Or is it everyone was caught off guard about how quickly they announced interest?

I could use a few chocolate brownies to get me through this saga. Tedious.

It reads as though the players agents have had no contact from Chelsea

Sounds like Boehly runs a tight ship. There might be more hijackings in the future.

As TheReligion stated, it's Frenkie's agents who were caught off guard by the Chelsea links, especially since Chelsea didn't even approach his camp.

To sum up Chelsea's links, they're interested, but they're not actively working on bringing the player in. They might if we step away, but that remains to be seen.

I still get the feeling Chelsea are being used to get the price up. Of course, I also thought Dwight Yorke was gonna be shit...

Is anyone still confident that this'll happen?

Yep. Worst case we pay an extra 10M. We have that money, it's just a question of how much we can push Barca. I think any sane person would pay Barca an extra 10M instead of spending 65M on Antony.

Why you feckers so worried?

We're just giving him more time with the missus, after all, he did just propose....let them have fun.

He'll join us in Norway.

It looks to me like Barca are deliberately putting out conflicting stuff to just muddy the water. One min they say say Chelsea are very interested, next they say they're exploring all options to keep him. It's just pure, utter BS. No idea what they're trying to do
They are trying to force United’s hand into paying more as in X and Y might happen if we don’t pay and close it now. It’s pretty pathetic

As TheReligion stated, it's Frenkie's agents who were caught off guard by the Chelsea links, especially since Chelsea didn't even approach his camp.

To sum up Chelsea's links, they're interested, but they're not actively working on bringing the player in. They might if we step away, but that remains to be seen.
So yes, it's as thought Barca are using Chelsea links to force United into acting, even though they have interest, as of now, it's far from serious.

It reads as though the players agents have had no contact from Chelsea
I understand now thanks to you guys. It's shocking really, Barca have no shame it seems, or they're trying their best to start a bidding war.

I could use a few chocolate brownies to get me through this saga. Tedious.
Haha same!

They are trying to force United’s hand into paying more as in X and Y might happen if we don’t pay and close it now. It’s pretty pathetic
So basically now thats not worked and United are standing firm, they're going back to their public stance of "He's not for sale... unless we truly, truly need to sell". Shocking how they can't just keep their mouths shut and get on with stuff. They're truly building up to the Barca or Money moment

He's right. Even the United-affiliated journalists have reported this, but on top of that, they've also reported that personal terms won't be problematic for United.
I hope we discussed whether the player wants to join us or not. Else we don't want someone coming here and sulking over what could have been with Barca.

Just walk away.

Sign a striker to replace ronaldo and antony whilst we place rashford up front and pray ten hag can polish turd.

If de Jong wants to come to United, then it doesn't matter how interested Chelsea are.

You‘re confident if it happening then? 2 months of negotiations and it’s nowhere near done.

Like I said earlier I can’t believe how so many are confident what in the world have you seen to suggest it’s happening?
1. Barca must sell
2. Were the only club in for him, the Chelsea link is a Barca fabrication.
3. a deal is agreed, just the wage issue with Barca to resolve for his agent. I wouldn’t want to be screwed out of 17m either.

Barca are basically desperate for someone to pay the De Jong dues off as part of the transfer fee. I don't think we are.

All of this talk of De Jong staying is improbable imo. There is no way either would let go off of so much money.
We should start dropping our offer by €1m every 6 hours. That should speed up negotiations

Just a thought....this has been dragging on for a couple of months now. What happens when the Board realise he isn't English!

Why is everyone so worried then? He's done more in two weeks than obama in 8 years

No one saw this coming
Do i look worried? I've seen the Chelsea links for what they're worth from the very beginning - a ruse by Barca to get us to pay what they want. Same as the whole he's staying crap

This has been dragging on, so has Christian Eriksen.
I’m relaxed about both. More importantly the squad seems healthier

Barca seem to be a pain to deal with.

In a way this surely won't drag on till the deadline day as they would supposedly need the cash but then looking at their state and our resolve to not over pay i don't know.

I won't blame the board too much if this goes south seeing how much of a nightmare barca are at negotiations.

Barca seem to be a pain to deal with.

In a way this surely won't drag on till the deadline day as they would supposedly need the cash but then looking at their state and our resolve to not over pay i don't know.

I won't blame the board too much if this goes south seeing how much of a nightmare barca are at negotiations.
It certainly can’t and won’t.

It'd be interesting if Chelsea are letting Barca use their name to hurry us along, given that they want the money to push through a deal for Raphinha, a player that Chelsea also reportedly want. What would Chelsea really gain from that?

If de Jong wants to come to United, then it doesn't matter how interested Chelsea are.

Where on earth do you get any real confidence he actually wants to come here from though?

Just a thought....this has been dragging on for a couple of months now. What happens when the Board realise he isn't English!

Do keep up.

Everyone we sign has to be Dutch, playing in Holland or have played for Ajax in their career now.

The English thing is done, thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.