Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not much to the Chelsea links outside of Barca reaching out for more potential buyers

Barca are basically desperate for someone to pay the De Jong dues off as part of the transfer fee. I don't think we are.

All of this talk of De Jong staying is improbable imo. There is no way either would let go off of so much money.

Is the Sport generally a pro Barca paper? This saga is boring. Same Nonsense over and over except even the bbc got in on this one.

Yes, sport is pro Laporta and mundodeportivo is pro Rosell/Bartomeu.

Mundodeportivo is a more serious newspaper, sport is very sensationalist and lies a lot.

If we have been taken for a ride by Barcelona\FDJ like a bunch of amateurs and not planned on alternatives then it will be justified if people lose their shit. The club still has time of course but if this window ends in failure and we end up with the midfield we have now, then I welcome the unrest and potential protests that will follow.

I think the window so far has been crap, no offence to Malacia. We clearly have a weaker squad than last season, even without Ronaldo leaving and we all know how fecking shit we were. Also is Eriksen joining or what, surely a statement can be released saying he is joining, pending medical etc. Why the delay?

Can't see why ten hag would seemingly be so insistent on pursuing him if he wasn't confident of getting him. Still think he will end up here but it is frustrating it is dragging on.
I'm sure plenty of managers have thought they'll get the player eventually. Hasn't always worked out for us, even pre Glazers.

Plenty of close signings that seem to fail over about £5m!

Barca are basically desperate for someone to pay the De Jong dues off as part of the transfer fee. I don't think we are.

All of this talk of De Jong staying is improbable imo. There is no way either would let go off of so much money.

I think he will stay because of the money owed. They can’t afford the lump sum and will come to a compromise on his contract.

Its been the most obvious waste of time since the Fabregas summer I can’t believe how many in here are so confident, it was never happening.

Needed a midfielder for years and our grand plan was chasing a player for 2 months who’s publicly stated he doesn’t want to leave….madness.

Seriously how bad is that? This club is a complete joke.

I think he will stay because of the money owed. They can’t afford the lump sum and will come to a compromise on his contract.

Its been the most obvious waste of time since the Fabregas summer I can’t believe how many in here are so confident, it was never happening.

Needed a midfielder for years and our grand plan was chasing a player for 2 months who’s publicly stated he doesn’t want to leave….madness.

The lack of plan B is astonishing. ETH is not going to implement a rocket science system that only players that have played for him or Ajax would suit it.

The lack of plan B is astonishing. ETH is not going to implement a rocket science system that only players that have played for him or Ajax would suit it.
How do you know there's no plan b though? Find this always an odd thing to say as if we'd lay out our plans in detail to the media.

Where has the player publicly said anything?

Let’s be a little liar now.

Just can't understand a desire to stay at a club which is actively fecking you over. Come to us Frenkie we will love you.

This post is a complete joke.

Where has the player publicly said anything?

Let’s be a little liar now.

Well it’s been reported loads of times that he doesn’t want to leave. He’s literally just built his own house in Barcelona and is at his boyhood club earning 300k a week the chances of this happening are slim at best and that’s being kind.

They’re in such a mess they can’t even afford to sell him due to the money owed it’s hilarious.

Well it’s been reported loads of times that he doesn’t want to leave. He’s literally just built his own house in Barcelona and is at his boyhood club earning 300k a week the chances of this happening are slim at best and that’s being kind.

They’re in such a mess they can’t even afford to sell him due to the money owed it’s hilarious.
That part is funny as feck if true to be fair

This post is a complete joke.

You‘re confident if it happening then? 2 months of negotiations and it’s nowhere near done.

Like I said earlier I can’t believe how so many are confident what in the world have you seen to suggest it’s happening?

To paint a fuller picture, the United-affiliated journalists have all stated that personal terms won't be an issue/de Jong's concerns have been mitigated by ten Hag in their contacts. Given this he/she said situation, what do you choose to believe in?

To paint a fuller picture, the United-affiliated journalists have all stated that personal terms won't be an issue/de Jong's concerns have been mitigated by ten Hag in their contacts. Given this he/she said situation, what do you choose to believe in?

Well I read a few days ago from Romano that personal terms haven’t even been discussed?

The only thing giving this deal hope is ‘why would we chase him for 2 months if he hasn’t agreed to come’ but in all honesty we’re in such a mess it wouldn’t be a surprise would it.

I don’t get this whole thing? So why did Barca negotiate and accept an offer when they don’t want to sell? Or is it because they activated the lever and now they don’t need to sell now?

It has to be extremely frustrating to deal with them. If that is the case, I hope they fail miserably in the near future.

Alternatively you don’t have to click it, and can leave the rest of us to enjoy the ride unburdened by your pessimism and naysaying.
Relax a small bit man. You’d swear I’m after saying something extremely controversial. Nobody forced you to hit reply to my “pessimistic” post either darling.

I don’t get this whole thing? So why did Barca negotiate and accept an offer when they don’t want to sell? Or is it because they activated the lever and now they don’t need to sell now?

It has to be extremely frustrating to deal with them. If that is the case, I hope they fail miserably in the near future.

They desperately want to sell him, but they dont want to pay his deferred wages. He desperately doesnt want to leave but wants his wages.

It's an unsolvable position when you're dealing with a club as financially demonic and badly run as Barca.

Barca are trying to play chicken with United because they don't want to pay De Jong the money he's rightfully owed, so they're hoping United will pay him. Because Barca are a bunch of broke ass bitches.

He hasn’t publicly said anything though has he? We can agree on that?

It’s been said lots of times that he’s open to moving to United and working with EtH too.

If De Jong wants his loyalty bonus, he can't say that he wants to leave, can he? Either way this is a mess and I'm glad the club have briefed that we are looking at alternatives. It's time we move on and if Barca are ready to make the sale, they come to us.

If he were to stay, surely the taste has soured somewhat. Especially if he then finds himself fighting for game time, when he would be the one the team is built around at United.

I suspect he's been convinced of joining and it will happen soon enough.

He hasn’t publicly said anything though has he? We can agree on that?

It’s been said lots of times that he’s open to moving to United and working with EtH too.

Didn't he make some generic comments about being happy at Barca while on duty with the Netherlands?

Well I read a few days ago from Romano that personal terms haven’t even been discussed?

The only thing giving this deal hope is ‘why would we chase him for 2 months if he hasn’t agreed to come’ but in all honesty we’re in such a mess it wouldn’t be a surprise would it.
He's right. Even the United-affiliated journalists have reported this, but on top of that, they've also reported that personal terms won't be problematic for United.

In relation to your last point, I would be surprised given that we've moved on from all of the personnel who made our operations problematic. We don't know how good or bad the new guys will be, so it's all about waiting and seeing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.