Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we kind of are, but he’s the new managers key target so it would be a poor look for the club to not get him now.
I agree. I just don’t want ten Hag and Murtough to get tunnel vision on this without having backup targets identified in case this falls through.

The Barca sub is like another planet. All English clubs are evil, the press is all spin, Barcelona are completely innocent and the best run club in the world - it's just fashionable to shit on them. Apparently. :lol:

Mass delusion on a near RAWK scale. Next they'll be saying Real Madrid are all asthmatics.

Groundhog day

Big Day Today.........It's a Big Day every day.
rvzZeaI.png

Doing what every kid with a laptop is doing, yeah.
Romano clearly has inside links, which is why he isn't so groundbreaking anymore, he's working with a lot of clubs now, he can't risk those relationships. Maya Yoshida replied to Romano's tweet about his transfer which said Trabonspor were also interetest, by saying, this guy knows everything, I didn't even tell me wife about that one.

Barcelona are literally the worst to deal with. United to our credit even in the lower points have always dealt with issues with far more class.

Even Madrid never see them kick up much of a fuss and just get deals done. The people in power at Barcelona despite winning in the past aren’t exactly slick operators. Amateur hour.

Our club to its credit seems to be not panicking and looking at their ship thinking wtf is going on there.

Won't they need to pay him regardless of what happens? Stay or leave, he's still owed the money.

Barca players and I think this is common in La Liga, are paid twice a year - In June and December. If he leaves now, he will want to be paid all he is due now before he leaves. Whereas if he stayed, whatever he is owed can be pushed back until December.

Laporta and his lies, De Jong and his wages, Barcelona and their economic levers…can all get fecked!

This muppet is finally throwing in the towel.

It’s not Utd holding this deal up.

No but United should have shown due diligence in pursuing a player where there may be complications regarding his salary.

It's not rocket science really is it? We know all about Barca and their deferred wages due to Pique and Messi

What’s happening here now I’ve been out the loop? Is he off to Chelsea?

No but United should have shown due diligence in pursuing a player where there may be complications regarding his salary.

It's not rocket science really is it? We know all about Barca and their deferred wages due to Pique and Messi
I get what you are saying, but it’s not really our problem. It’s an issue between deJong and Barca. Not really a lot we can do to affect it, and I wouldn’t have said it was a reason to not go for Frenkie. Him being available with nobody else interested is an opportunity not to be missed. We just have to be patient and allow his agent to resolve the issue with Barca.

Should be worth it if we hold on. In for a penny, in for a pound now.

What’s happening here now I’ve been out the loop? Is he off to Chelsea?
Only if you believe the Barca mouthpieces that are pushing Chelsea are going to all they can to sign him... yet no one else is reporting anything about it. Other reports say even if Chelsea are interested if he leaves, he only wants United.

So in short, no nothing has changed really

Can someone "ELI5" why Barca owing him money affects the transfer?
They will owe him money if he leaves or stays, will they not?

Can someone "ELI5" why Barca owing him money affects the transfer?
They will owe him money if he leaves or stays, will they not?
Eli5?!
I don’t think they will owe him if he leaves due to the way the deferral was done. It’s basically a new contact rather than an I.O.U, so he got crap wages for a couple of years and is due the increase to cover it now, but if he leaves he breaks the contract.

If I’m wrong feel free to correct me btw, just my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.