Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with that.

Also Chelsea dream of FdJ, do they now? They also dream of Ronaldo, De Ligt etc. Wonder if they're being linked to everyone due to new owners and the assumption of splashing the cash
Seems like they won’t pay him off and some other poor player (or 2) are going to be forced out to make up the difference

How are Barca meant to register new players if they can’t get rid of FDJ?

They aren't its all bollocks to make it look they tried everything, to keep the fans on their side so when election time comes laporta can get in again.

You have to factor in the extra politics involved because of the elected president roles.

How are Barca meant to register new players if they can’t get rid of FDJ?
They’ll snap them up so nobody else can get them and do some bullshit in January to register them all.
And blame De Jong of course

They are trying to bullshit the poor lad. 17m they owe him, they are gonna try getting him to write that off and then take a paycheck of just €150k /week.
Try all they like but no-one is taking that.
It would be kinda depressingly hilarious if he did, though. Rather lose all that money, and take a massive pay cut than join his old boss at Utd.

Well, that might backfire big time for them but lets move on. And maybe we get FdJ for much less in 5 weeks time or so
I’d question the validity of this anyway. I don’t consider Di Marzio reliable for Barca news. Not when any of their mouthpieces haven’t reported that either.

Looks like no resolution for a while, which is very irritating. Barca are complete clowns I loathe them.

So Frenkie can wait
He knows it’s too late
As United walk on by
His soul slides away
Don’t look back in anger
I heard mods say

It looks to me like Barca are deliberately putting out conflicting stuff to just muddy the water. One min they say say Chelsea are very interested, next they say they're exploring all options to keep him. It's just pure, utter BS. No idea what they're trying to do

So Barcelona owe De Jong 17m euros in wages, but they want United to pay it on top of the 65m. United do not want to do this.

Looks like De Jong is resigned to leaving, but wants his wages sorted out.

Barcelona are totally screwed BTW
Feck sake how have Barca been allowed to owe him 17m?

Time to bring In the liquidators to shut the club down.

I said it before, if it turns out that we don't get de Jong, the only place to lay the blame is our board. If we don't get him, we will have allowed ourselves to be strung along all summer, only to be screwed over by Barca. We can be mad at Barca for acting like charlatans, but we will have been stupid enough to allow it to happen. in my opinion, we have invested too much time into this - it is a deal that simply has to happen.

Out of all the sagas we've had, this one sucks the most

I said it before, if it turns out that we don't get de Jong, the only place to lay the blame is our board. If we don't get him, we will have allowed ourselves to be strung along all summer, only to be screwed over by Barca. We can be mad at Barca for acting like charlatans, but we will have been stupid enough to allow it to happen. in my opinion, we have invested too much time into this - it is a deal that simply has to happen.
I read that first time as “this board” :lol:

The one thing that gives me hope is ETH. If get the impression he isn’t one to be fecked about. I know he’ll be pushing for this to happen.

The fact that we've pissed about on this deal for almost 2 months is enough proof incompetence still runs supreme at this club. It'll take a long while to sort this mess out

I feel for ten Hag as he has been dealt a very shit hand. Plus, we already know about primadonnas in our dressing room. Gonna be a tough season

Feck sake how have Barca been allowed to owe him 17m?

Time to bring In the liquidators to shut the club down.

Deferred wages which FdJ wants before he leaves, but Barca don't want to pay them (or don't think they need to). Once that issue is sorted out, United and Barca are also reportedly yet to agree the add-ons to the transfer fee.

Quite a lot of work still to do and United may feel that they'd prefer the assurance of a finalised squad by the end of July, rather than waiting till late in the window to see if the issues with de Jong can be resolved.

Can't find ANY reference for this in Di Marzio twitter or his website @mazhar13 is the man for the job.
It's from his interview with Wettfreunde.

I've yet to read through this, but he covers pretty much every rumour. Note that he's providing his own conjecture at least half of the time.

Ok... so looking on the twitter of each of them sources they've linked too there, SergisoleMD and ffpolo, there is nothing saying that Chelsea dreams of de Jong. And the article they both link too says the following too:

In that sense, The Guardian revealed days ago that De Jong is also on Tuchel 's wish list and Sergiño Dest may also enter the scene, as they seek to rejuvenate the team and signing an American may be interesting for the new property.

As i say, these aggregator sites are absolutely terrible. They just twist articles and tweets to suit the current narrative. Barca Times AND Managing Barca seem to be experts at twisting things! It's a joke. Even the article its self refers to the one line that was included days ago that said Chelsea are monitoring the situation should negotiations break down between Barca and United. Spanish are shit stirring on a huge basis here!

Screwed over by Barca ? How exactly :lol:

It's from his interview with Wettfreunde.

I've yet to read through this, but he covers pretty much every rumour. Note that he's providing his own conjecture at least half of the time.

Absolute legend you are.

Gianluca di Marzio: "It's difficult to say because Barcelona are in a difficult situation. But they are now trying to find a new solution and that includes not selling their best players like De Jong.

Erik ten Hag wants him, so I think it will be a story until the end.

There is still no agreement between the clubs. They [Manchester United] probably agree with the player. But it's difficult because Barcelona really don't want to sell him - but they probably have to. They try not to sell him.

It's difficult to say anything now. Certainly he is Manchester United's number one target because they need a player like him and ten Hag wants him."

Ok... so looking on the twitter of each of them sources they've linked too there, SergisoleMD and ffpolo, there is nothing saying that Chelsea dreams of de Jong. And the article they both link too says the following too:

As i say, these aggregator sites are absolutely terrible. They just twist articles and tweets to suit the current narrative. Barca Times AND Managing Barca seem to be experts at twisting things! It's a joke. Even the article its self refers to the one line that was included days ago that said Chelsea are monitoring the situation should negotiations break down between Barca and United. Spanish are shit stirring on a huge basis here!
Good work :)

I’d have looked myself but I’m back at work myself!

Absolute legend you are.
So essentially he's just covering everything thats been said, both by Laporta (He's not for sale, but he'll need to adjust his salary - We'll do everything we can to keep him) to United desperate to sign him (Ten Hag has been in contact with him daily). They don't want to sell him, but might have too (Laporta - We don't want to sell him unless we absolutely have too).

Sometimes you have to wonder how hard it must actually be to be a journo

So he just confirms that he has no clue what's going on
Pretty much. Ever since di Marzio lost Matteo Moretto to Relevo, he has basically no one in his network with connections to Spain. I guess Romano would be his only option, but even Romano works more independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.