Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's about time we dropped this saga, but also chasing high profile players altogether.

It just doesn't work out for us. Our board is incapable of pulling a move without drama, and the players we get end up being unmotivated.

Let's go for whoever we think the next de Jong will be.

I think it's about time we dropped this saga, but also chasing high profile players altogether.

It just doesn't work out for us. Our board is incapable of pulling a move without drama, and the players we get end up being unmotivated.

Thing is we have tried both and failed at both.

We have tried the high profile and failed, we have also tried the lets find the next big thing and failed.

Memphis, Dalot, Shaw, Martial etc..

Absolute legend you are.
That does not make it sound like the deal is dead. Feel that this is demonstrative of the issue with aggregator accounts; they tend to hone in on one aspect of an article which often leads to the bigger picture being missed.

Why are we incapable of doing this? Our squad is paper thin. We could be buying three for the price of one.

Definitely shaping up to be de Jongest saga of the 22/23 summer window :wenger:

I'll get my coat :nervous:

Maybe we should just go for Neves and be done with this. Don't think it's worth risking the entire transfer window trying to deal with a shambles of a club like Barcelona. Leave them to drown in the mess they've created.

That does not make it sound like the deal is dead. Feel that this is demonstrative of the issue with aggregator accounts; they tend to hone in on one aspect of an article which often leads to the bigger picture being missed.
They'll pick out the parts that will enable them to get more clicks and traffic, and rather than just write whats said, they'll exaggerate it and take it out of context, this Chelsea link being a point in question:

"Chelsea monitoring the situation between Barca and Manchester United in regards to de Jong, and are interested in making a bid should negotiations fail"

Aggregator site: "Chelsea are extremely interested in de Jong and are considering making a bid imminently. They have dreamt of de Jong for a long time and will do they can to make it happen"

Whats going to get the most clicks and attention?

Very funny the barca sub villanizing de Jong for accepting a temporary salary cut while they sorted their shit out....and then expecting to be paid the money he is due. What a prick!

So the Sky Sports Spanish "Expert" says the meeting yesterday COULD have been about de Jong. Just throwing his opinion into the hat i suppose.

Spanish football expert Alvaro Montero told Sky Sports:

"It seems like it's going to be the next soap opera of the window.

"The most recent news is that the former manager Ronald Koeman said that the player has recognised to him that he wants to stay at Barcelona.

"De Jong has a 80 million euros release clause so that is one simple resolution but there has also been a meeting between Barcelona representatives and the Chelsea owner in a restaurant in the past 24 hours so they could well join the race."

I absolutely LOVE how all these guys know what was discussed. It's a joke. Funny how they don't mention that Barca want Azpi and Alonso... wouldn't be as exciting to them then would it?

Plus you have to love how they titled the update:
Barcelona transfer update: Chelsea enter race for De Jong

Hardly household names were they. Unless your definition of low profile is some unknown from the Turkish league
I guess our definition of low profile players differs. Shaw was very established as a player when we bought him. Memphis and Martial, very much in demand. Those three were expensive. I'm talking about cheap players. In today's market, maybe 30 mil.

Question is who else do we target? Neves? Tielemans? Both? This pursuit has been so loud and so public and has taken up half the transfer window. If/when it fails, anybody else we even look at will be asking for at least 50% premium on their player because they know how badly we need midfielders and how desperate the situation is now. Complete and utter mess of a transfer strategy.

Felt from day 1 this would be like Moyes & Fabregas. We'll piss away the whole window on a player that never wanted to leave Barca & we'll end up empty handed as per.

Question is who else do we target? Neves? Tielemans? Both? This pursuit has been so loud and so public and has taken up half the transfer window. If/when it fails, anybody else we even look at will be asking for at least 50% premium on their player because they know how badly we need midfielders and how desperate the situation is now. Complete and utter mess of a transfer strategy.
I can't believe there aren't hundreds of players who could grow into an established midfielder for us. WTF scouts?! Do yer jabs!!

So the Sky Sports Spanish "Expert" says the meeting yesterday COULD have been about de Jong. Just throwing his opinion into the hat i suppose.

I absolutely LOVE how all these guys know what was discussed. It's a joke. Funny how they don't mention that Barca want Azpi and Alonso... wouldn't be as exciting to them then would it?

Plus you have to love how they titled the update:
Barcelona transfer update: Chelsea enter race for De Jong
I’m fairly sure it’s incorrect that he has a release clause too.

I can't believe there aren't hundreds of players who could grow into an established midfielder for us. WTF scouts?! Do yer jabs!!
It’s been well established that we’ve sacked off our scouting team, and while that’s being reorganised we are going for the managers choices.

Screwed over by Barca ? How exactly :lol:

Have you been following this deal? Screwed over by allowing ourselves to negotiate with them for literally months but with the goalposts seemingly constantly moving now. Did we know that FDJ was owed this money? Did we plan on this deal taking this long? Were we expecting Laporta to make public declarations of having 'no intention' of selling him? I guarantee the answer to all these questions is no.

I’m fairly sure it’s incorrect that he has a release clause too.
I didn't even notice that. If that was the case we'd have activated it right away.
These experts are amazing... no wonder you have to take everything they say with a pinch of salt. I just love how they title it Chelsea enters the race for de Jong, then goes on to say the meeting COULD have been about him. I mean come, way to decieve the fans... how about you mention Azpi too? Naaaah wouldn't be as exciting

I didn't even notice that. If that was the case we'd have activated it right away.
These experts are amazing... no wonder you have to take everything they say with a pinch of salt. I just love how they title it Chelsea enters the race for de Jong, then goes on to say the meeting COULD have been about him. I mean come, way to decieve the fans... how about you mention Azpi too? Naaaah wouldn't be as exciting
Well I worded that poorly anyway. He will have a clause, 100% certain it’s not €80 million though :lol:

Some expert…

Well I worded that poorly anyway. He will have a clause, 100% certain it’s not €80 million though :lol:

Some expert…
And people wonder why Sky Sports have fallen from grace nowadays.
The same "Spanish Football Expert" also said this on the 17th June:

Spanish football expert Alvaro Montero has weighed in on the ongoing Frenkie de Jong to Manchester United transfer saga in an interview with Sky Sports. Montero revealed that he believes De Jong will join the Red Devils this summer due primarily to the financial implications of the deal for Barcelona.

I think they just jump on the latest thing doing the roungs. I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his story again soon

Scummy bastards

Funny enough, none of the Chelsea journos have said a word about Frenkie. Matt Law's been updating their other business but nothing about him yet

If we do get the briefs that we are pulling out, not saying we will but if that happens I will be absolutely fuming and so should everyone else be. If this fails it will be such an L. I still believe that we do have a good chance as we and ETH can’t be that stupid to pursue this for so long if they aren’t confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.