Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I think you misread when I said “playing” for “paying”

my point was that they can buy all the players they want, they won’t be able to play them if they can’t register them.

any team could do what they did, sell off valuable bits of business and then piss it up the wall on multiple transfers rather than working on a sustainable plan to get out of the financial mess theyre in. It’s not a “schooling” moment as you were indicating
I did misread but it is the same thing. They cannot register the players until La Liga gives them the go-ahead but that will happen, even if they need another lever.

As for selling off bits of the business, it is partly true but they also have a great new stadium on the way and as we know success is equal to more money in football.

One of the things they sold was their merchandising company i.e they were making money off their shirts which United have never done. They still retain a controlling stake and an option to buy it back later, so it's effectively a loan.

If we want to talk about sustainability, the fact we have an old and increasingly small stadium is a much bigger issue.

In any case, Barcelona are operated like a proper football club. Not always prudent but they prioritise the sporting side while we're happy the Glazers are not spending over their means.

This was many people's FDJ backup wasn't it?

I think he'd be more suitable in terms of playstyle compared to the likes of Neves and Tielemans. Hopefully we can still get De Jong but Fabian Ruiz would be a reasonable alternative

Heavily up-voted post on /r/Barca -

"United fans (including those of pundit variety) can talk all the bullshit they want but their own club reportedly put in clauses in players' contracts that lowers their wages 25% in case they fail to qualify for UCL.

Funny how we don't see Gary Neville crying about this, but us trying to lower the salary mass 40% higher than our competitors is somehow a bad thing."

I mean...is this not complete delusion? Am I blinkered? It seems like total brainwashing.

"United fans (including those of pundit variety) can talk all the bullshit they want but their own club reportedly put in clauses in players' contracts that lowers their wages 25% in case they fail to qualify for UCL.

Funny how we don't see Gary Neville crying about this, but us trying to lower the salary mass 40% higher than our competitors is somehow a bad thing."

I mean...is this not complete delusion? Am I blinkered? It seems like total brainwashing.
Yes, No and Yes

I swear that football club deserves to be forced into a Glasgow Rangers-like implosion if someone in the Spanish Ministry of Justice or in the Spanish Ministry of Finances was doing his job at investigating that mess. I would like to see how much support Barcelona would retain worldwide if they are forcefully relegated into the 4th division like Rangers were.

Last edited:

:lol: Seems like parody to be fair.

Minor difference is ours is pre-agreed upon in a contract signed by the two parties. FDJ and Barcelona signed a contract that Barcelona are trying to wiggle their way out of. For all we know, he might’ve had rejected the contract at the time if it was for as much money as they’re offering now.

I don't think Manchester United is the only club to do that.
Many contracts have similar clauses in case of relegation, no European football,ect.
And in that situation, the player is aware of it when he signs the contract.
Barcelona are trying to bully their players into signing new contracts on lower wage, with a higher loyalty bonus as compensation then they try to piss of those players into requesting a transfer so they don't have to pay that loyalty bonus.

Stupidity or brainwashing probably both.

What a shit club and also shit fans.

Minor difference is ours is pre-agreed upon in a contract signed by the two parties. FDJ and Barcelona signed a contract that Barcelona are trying to wiggle their way out of. For all we know, he might’ve had rejected the contract at the time if it was for as much money as they’re offering now.

Bang on! The possible wage reduction is part of the contract and was agreed upon by the players and club. To even suggest that FdJ's situation is similar is absolute nonsense.

So when do Barca have to register their squad for the 22/23 season? They obviously don't have room for everyone they've signed without making room for them.

You'd like to believe people aren't really this stupid

I swear that football club deserves to be forced into a Glasgow Rangers-like implosion if someone in the Spanish Ministry of Justice or in the Spanish Ministry of Finances was doing his job at investigating that mess. I would like to see how much support Barcelona would retain worldwideif they are forcefully relegated into the 4th division like Rangers were.

Did Rangers not breakattendence records for a team in the lower leagues?

Stupidity or brainwashing probably both.

What a shit club and also shit fans.
Reminds me of what UrinatingTree said about the vast majority of Pittsburgh Steelers fans being so stupid that they still swallow the narrative that their beloved club is that invincible organization that can do no wrong.

So when do Barca have to register their squad for the 22/23 season? They obviously don't have room for everyone they've signed without making room for them.
All we need to concern ourselves with is the transfer window, really. Once it ends, that's the day of doom for Barcelona for the most part - unless they loan players out, I suppose. From a United standpoint though, it's all about the transfer window. 1st September is when it ends - midnight on 1st September.

This seems like a game of semantics. Clubs have bonus structures in their wages. Many clubs do that, including Barcelona. You hit target, your wages rise. Here it's just being framed as you not hitting a target and your wages lowering. But it is functionally the same thing.

Did Rangers not breakattendence records for a team in the lower leagues?

I did not read about it. My point is about what punishment should be dished upon FC Barcelona for the shady and possibly illegal stuff if the extent of their mess is exposed and prosecuted. Rangers went into administration, liquidation and forced relegation after everything that was exposed. If the price for Barcelona is a near decade deep before they climb back up, then so be it. We have seen plenty of clubs suffer more for far less in their financial mismanagement.

I did not read about it. My point is about what punishment should be dished upon FC Barcelona for the shady and possibly illegal stuff if the extent of their mess is exposed and prosecuted. Rangers went into administration, liquidation and forced relegation after everything that was exposed. If the price for Barcelona is a near decade deep before they climb back up, then so be it. We have seen plenty of clubs suffer more for far less in their financial mismanagement.

And we both know they wont face any punishment.

All it takes is for FDJ to take Barca to an employment trubunal over the way they have changed his contract by force and we could see this house of cards collapsing :)

In any case, Barcelona are operated like a proper football club. Not always prudent but they prioritise the sporting side while we're happy the Glazers are not spending over their means.
Barcelona are run like a proper football club the same way Russia are run like a proper country. I'd want no part of either.

I'll reiterate a point I've made a few times - they are counting on a super League being an inevitability. And soon. They are, without a doubt, trying to cut UEFA out once and for all. As much as I am loathe to ever consider UEFA the lesser of two evils, Barcelona are gambling their future here and they could and hopefully will explode and die, given their disgusting behaviour profiting from not paying their players due through a pandemic.

I swear that football club deserves to be forced into a Glasgow Rangers-like implosion if someone in the Spanish Ministry of Justice or in the Spanish Ministry of Finances was doing his job at investigating that mess. I would like to see how much support Barcelona would retain worldwideif they are forcefully relegated into the 4th division like Rangers were.
I go to unimaginable lengths to hate on those bastards but let's be honest they'll still be a big club if they got relegated, they're simply too big to fail, the brand name is still there and unless they become a perennial lower league level team it won't go away.

I go to unimaginable lengths to hate on those bastards but let's be honest they'll still be a big club if they got relegated, they're simply too big to fail, the brand name is still there and unless they become a perennial lower league level team it won't go away.

They're not just a club they are the most important national and international symbol of Catalonian republicanism. As such they have a lot of enemies in Madrid who don't care about football. And the local government will always try and bail them out if it is possible. It's far more political than the EPL.

Fabian Ruiz now being linked, IF true - either FDJ deal is dead or we are forcing Barca hand to get something done with the player. All good.

Yeah trying to force Barca's hand, however that stance could change if we get that dreaded brief

Status
Not open for further replies.