Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dancal

Supports
Footy
For all the Barca fans who think their club is blameless, what would you be saying if Real Madrid were doing this to their player, in exactly the same circumstances?
Remember barca fans crying when Madrid sold their training ground and signed Zidane etc.

Barca are a joke of a club with no morals just a huge mortgage

Dancal

Supports
Footy
Its not a lie or a false narrative.
Frenkie is on a salary that was granted by the club upon joining of whatever amount.

They are now trying to get him to take a pay cut.

The reasons for this is immaterial. This is basically what the ask is, so quit trying to act like its OK or normal or fine. I dont think its unfair to say that Barcelona are the biggest joke of club football in this time.
Its very fair indeed

FatTails

It's quite generous considering they are flat broke, and can barely afford laces for the players boots.
Yet they’ve signed…everyone. Since we’ve last signed a striker, they’ve signed Lewandowski, Ferran Torres, and Aubameyang. On the right wing, we have Sancho and..Elanga? They have Raphinha and Dembele. I can go on (CBs for example), but them being broke is not showing the transfer market.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It’s rather hilarious though how Barcelona have managed to get their media to only talk about Lewandowski’s NET salary, since when does that ever happen? :lol:
He’s on 355 k /week gross.

It’s clever though because it’s even managed to get knuckle draggers like this @Ragnar123 to believe that De Jong’s salary for 2022-23 will be double that :wenger: , as of course, his salary is reported gross.

Over the course of his 6 year deal, De Jong will be on 100,000 LESS than Lewa per week (gross). Yet it’s reported that De Jong, and not Lewandowski, is the one that needs to renegotiate to fit into the new structure.
I would think it’s clear by now that Barcelona fans on here just believe whatever Laporta bullshits.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Facts - if he stays, a bunch of their new players are unregistered
Take off your Barca tinted specs
These are not facts, but another social media narrative all haters and drama lovers jump on. The same "facts" that were on social media only a half a year ago.
"If Dembele doesnt leave, then Torres, Aubameyang and Traoré can't be registered". "He has to leave, barca is kicking him out." "Barca is threatening him with 6 months bench otherwise and so on and so on."
What actually happened?
Dembele stayed, was in fact the biggest reason barca did so well in the second half of the season and EVERY player got registered anyways.
No one besides the actual board knows actually how big the margin is after those €600m. Certainly not those klickbaiting social media "journalists". Even Laporta said yesterday in his interview they have to talk to LaLiga to clear some things out, because they can be interpreted in different ways but they strongly believe everyone can be registered after the levers.

So let's see in the end if you are right with your "social media facts" or the same thing as with Dembele happens and everyone will be registered.

edit:

Laporta: "Was it stressful getting back to a positive balance? It has been very hard. But my expertise is in managing chaos. It also happened in my first period as president and I succeeded and we had the most successful period of the club."

He has the benefit of the doubt because of that. People seem to forget that. Let us see, if he can repeat this again. If not, you can tell your jokes and insults about him and barca afterwards. But until then, I'd wait personally, because internet doesn't forget :)

Last edited:

Suv666

Can we please ban the annoying Barca newbs?

Bunch of brainwashed Laporta stans

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Barcelona have already spent 170-180 million and are still after Bernardo Silva, using money gained from selling future earnings on the assumption that they’ll get back to winning ways. Just writing that down it sounds mental.
But if they signed Bernardo Silva, where would he play? they already have Dembele and Raphina for the right wing.
They are just hoarding players at this point. I wonder if Xavi will be able to keep the squad happy with their game time

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
This (sort of) happened to me in work years ago - I used to get parking paid for me, which in a major city centre wasn’t an insubstantial benefit. They wanted to phase this out as only certain grades got it so those that didn’t were resentful over it. They offered me (and others) two choices:

1. Sign a new employment contract without the free parking and receive a lump sum to buy out the benefit (but only equivalent to a couple of years of the cost of it)

2. Not sign a new contract and my employment would be terminated

Its life I’m afraid.
I had a similar situation with cars.

You got a top-tier leased company car or pocketed £8.5k/year to make your own arrangements. They were reclassifying who got that benefit.

Peanuts in the wotld of Barca and FDJ haggling over 17M, but not for me.

I told them as far as I was concerned it was part of my disposable income so they could add it to my salary and take away the benefit so they could get on with their restructuring.

That was that, chap tried to introduce some other idea he had and I repeated. "Pay me 8.5k more and remove the benefit. Sorted, hace a nice day.".

Nothing to do with how football contracts work, mind.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bartomeu's Barcelona lives in an alternative universe to Laporta's Barcelona. Thus any player of the former universe who had crossed over and still insist on being paid in the same way as agreed by his original contract is a villain. Also note that Laporta's Barcelona can be both poor (when players insist of being paid what is due) and rich (when they sign new players).

van Persie

Bartomeu's Barcelona lives in an alternative universe to Laporta's Barcelona. Thus any player of the former universe who had crossed over and still insist on being paid in the same way as agreed by his original contract is a villain. Also note that Laporta's Barcelona can be both poor (when players insist of being paid what is due) and rich (when they sign new players).
This is strange as feck. They'll talk about how capable they are when they buy this and that player and the next time you will hear them crying for De Jong and other players to take a pay cut. Surely these players must lose their fecking shit with the club

cyberman

This is strange as feck. They'll talk about how capable they are when they buy this and that player and the next time you will hear them crying for De Jong and other players to take a pay cut. Surely these players must lose their fecking shit with the club
They also argued why it made so much sense to get a loan to pay for Griezmann and why paying Messi 2m a week made perfect business sense.
The fans and club deserves each other

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
And can they currently play those players?
I am not saying what they're doing is prudent but they have certainly bossed the window and have a team that to me is ready to compete in the CL.

As for paying players, I'm pretty sure they can but don't want to. Definitely a scummy club but football-wise, they've shown how to rebuild at the very highest of levels while we've done the sum of FA.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I am not saying what they're doing is prudent but they have certainly bossed the window and have a team that to me is ready to compete in the CL.

As for paying players, I'm pretty sure they can but don't want to. Definitely a scummy club but football-wise, they've shown how to rebuild at the very highest of levels while we've done the sum of FA.
Sorry but I think you misread when I said “playing” for “paying”

my point was that they can buy all the players they want, they won’t be able to play them if they can’t register them.

any team could do what they did, sell off valuable bits of business and then piss it up the wall on multiple transfers rather than working on a sustainable plan to get out of the financial mess theyre in. It’s not a “schooling” moment as you were indicating

DevilRed

The end game is near. I think if they get to 10m and offer him 2m more over the next 2 years..he will finally leave and join us.

The deadline is closing in. That shitbox barca club need to register their new players for their ponzi scheme. FDJ will inevitably leave once he receives adequate compensation for wages lost during pandemic.

Gums

If de Jong reduces his wages purely for love and respect for that great club, I propose that all Barcelona supporters in this thread also accept a cut to honour his sacrifice. Full members could show their love and respect for the Caf by returning to Newbie status. Newbies could show it by reducing their likes by 40%. Respectful win-win all around.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I wonder how would Barca fans react if clubs who owe Barca money (ex transfer fees) would refrain from paying up simply because they made the deals with Barto's Barca not the Laporta's one. After all what's good for the goose....

Olecurls99

I wonder how would Barca fans react if clubs who owe Barca money (ex transfer fees) would refrain from paying up simply because they made the deals with Barto's Barca not the Laporta's one. After all what's good for the goose....
Great point

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

This was many people's FDJ backup wasn't it?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
For all the Barca fans who think their club is blameless, what would you be saying if Real Madrid were doing this to their player, in exactly the same circumstances?
I'm absolutely certain that they'd be destroying them for it, saying that they need to be punished, La Liga should get involved etc, how they're a joke of a club you know the sorts.
Because it's Barca though, all players should play there for the absolute love of the club, and they should be happy to give up money to stay and play there. Literally brainwashed

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
It's a question, with all due respect, very stupid.
It doesn't matter if they don't want to pay, there are signed contracts. And with FDJ there are also signed contracts.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Very very good point.
Am sure they'd be furious

Chief123

These are not facts, but another social media narrative all haters and drama lovers jump on. The same "facts" that were on social media only a half a year ago.
"If Dembele doesnt leave, then Torres, Aubameyang and Traoré can't be registered". "He has to leave, barca is kicking him out." "Barca is threatening him with 6 months bench otherwise and so on and so on."
What actually happened?
Dembele stayed, was in fact the biggest reason barca did so well in the second half of the season and EVERY player got registered anyways.
No one besides the actual board knows actually how big the margin is after those €600m. Certainly not those klickbaiting social media "journalists". Even Laporta said yesterday in his interview they have to talk to LaLiga to clear some things out, because they can be interpreted in different ways but they strongly believe everyone can be registered after the levers.

So let's see in the end if you are right with your "social media facts" or the same thing as with Dembele happens and everyone will be registered.

edit:

Laporta: "Was it stressful getting back to a positive balance? It has been very hard. But my expertise is in managing chaos. It also happened in my first period as president and I succeeded and we had the most successful period of the club."

He has the benefit of the doubt because of that. People seem to forget that. Let us see, if he can repeat this again. If not, you can tell your jokes and insults about him and barca afterwards. But until then, I'd wait personally, because internet doesn't forget :)
Couldn’t be bothered reading. Just waiting for your last post of the day.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I don't understand why he would take any number less than the full amount of what he's owed :lol:.

I mean he probably wants to remain in Barcelona, so isn't it reasonable to say you'd need to pay him more than what he's due to incentivize him to feck off?

Very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.