Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The situations are not remotely comparable. You were not on a fixed term deal, you were a permanent employee.

Moreover, even with the pathetic employment laws in Britain I think you might have been entitled to sue them for constructive dismissal in that situation.

And finally, I hope you took the payout and then handed in your notice? If not, have some self-recocking-spect man.
The difference is I an open labor market there is freedom of movement. He can leave and work for another company at any time. So, clearly, the play was for hi. To take the lump sum payment, walk over to the competitor or another player in the industry and get a new job offer, then give notice to the company that fecked him over.

Frenkie can’t do that. Barcelona own his rights.

They're not just a club they are the most important national and international symbol of Catalonian republicanism. As such they have a lot of enemies in Madrid who don't care about football. And the local government will always try and bail them out if it is possible. It's far more political than the EPL.
Just another contributing factor to why they're likely to be just fine, they're dirty bastards but I guess that's how football is in most countries.

You'd like to believe people aren't really this stupid
To be fair, we’ve had a good sample of their stupidity on here with the “Say as much shit as I can with my 5 posts a day limit before I go to carry on fecking goats” Barca newbies.

Heavily up-voted post on /r/Barca -

"United fans (including those of pundit variety) can talk all the bullshit they want but their own club reportedly put in clauses in players' contracts that lowers their wages 25% in case they fail to qualify for UCL.

Funny how we don't see Gary Neville crying about this, but us trying to lower the salary mass 40% higher than our competitors is somehow a bad thing."

I mean...is this not complete delusion? Am I blinkered? It seems like total brainwashing.
:lol:

A parody reddit surely.

I don't think Manchester United is the only club to do that.
Many contracts have similar clauses in case of relegation, no European football,ect.
And in that situation, the player is aware of it when he signs the contract.
Barcelona are trying to bully their players into signing new contracts on lower wage, with a higher loyalty bonus as compensation then they try to piss of those players into requesting a transfer so they don't have to pay that loyalty bonus.
Exactly this. It's a component part of the contract itself. There's no co-option at play here, where the player is being impelled to defer or, worse still, relinquish monies that were agreed when the two parties completed negotiation.

They're not just a club they are the most important national and international symbol of Catalonian republicanism. As such they have a lot of enemies in Madrid who don't care about football. And the local government will always try and bail them out if it is possible. It's far more political than the EPL.

Perhaps, but Rangers were and still are regarded as the standard bearers of Protestant Unionist identity in Scotland drawing external support from any other place in the UK or else supporting that identity. Even then, nothing could save them from punishment when their own financial problems were exposed.

I'm aware that Barcelona fans and Catalan republicans would complain to no end if Madrid authorities start investigating the club, but, hey, the rule of law exists for a reason. Justice couldn't care less about who you are or what grievances you have.

This saga can't go all the way till 1st September otherwise dopey Barca can't play any unregistered players,right?

Can anyone link me to this article about a €7m offer, please? I can't find it anywhere. Did it get pulled?

Perhaps, but Rangers were and still are regarded as the standard bearers of Protestant Unionist identity in Scotland drawing external support from any other place in the UK or else supporting that identity. Even then, nothing could save them from punishment when their own financial problems were exposed.

I don't think the SNP would ever in a million years have bailed out Rangers. They are non-sectarian with a bit of a catholic bias so they just might have helped Glasgow Celtic but even then I doubt it. And Westminster wouldn't give a toss about any of it. Catalonia is a different kettle of fish altogether.

The worrying this about this is that City would easily be able to afford FDJ and if it comes down to a choice between us and City we would not be favourites. The position that Silva is playing in the Community shield is exactly where FDJ plays for the Netherlands.

The worrying this about this is that City would easily be able to afford FDJ and if it comes down to a choice between us and City we would not be favourites. The position that Silva is playing in the Community shield is exactly where FDJ plays for the Netherlands.
I've mentioned this many times too, seems no one have any concerns there.

Would be a bit weird if city are willing to sell Silva late in the window, or at all really

Think with the new wage structure 200k a week is what they want the highest paid player in Barca to be on. So DeJong will be double that I believe. So if true his wage totally destroys their wage structure. Lewi on 200k whilst DeJong is over 400k or something.
That's not the question. Poster was asking what FDJ's new wage would have to be to for them to register their new players.

Has any other club ever sold off their future broadcasting revenues before? Let alone a club that consider itself to be ‘different’ from the other, allegedly more commercial clubs?
Barcelona and Madrid get to operate in a world with their own rulebook. I suspect the rights are effectively being leased until the local government buys them back, and then gives them to the club in exchange for some perceived (while totally ludicrous) benefit.
Multiple clubs have done it before yes. Barcelona are not the first.

In regards to registering their new players, am I right in thinking that that is for La Liga? Could there be a situation that they unregister Fdj and replace with someone else? Would force him out a bit more. Or is this just in regards to finances?
They can't unregister players to register new players. They also can't force players to take too large of a wage cut. Both of those are why they had to let Messi go.

Would be a bit weird if city are willing to sell Silva late in the window, or at all really

Yeah. In terms of numbers they're already looking a little light. They only have 16 first team outfield players, plus a couple youngsters. It's a way more streamlined squad than other teams. I don't think they could cope with a medium sized injury crisis. Seems extremely risky when they could easily go and buy a few extra players for depth.

Yeah. In terms of numbers they're already looking a little light. They only have 16 first team outfield players, plus a couple youngsters. It's a way more streamlined squad than other teams. I don't think they could cope with a medium sized injury crisis. Seems extremely risky when they could easily go and buy a few extra players for depth.
Alvarez and Haaland up top.
Grealish out left. Mahrez on the right. Foden can cover either wing.
KDB, Gungodan and Bernando for two CM spots.
Philips and Rodri for the CDM spot.

I heard Lewa is getting 10m net. Which is 20m gross. He was on 24m at Bayern. Why would he take a 14m drop in wages?

Whichever way you phrase it Frenkie is being asked to take a pay cut. I have never heard such a thing.
You can call it a Barto contract but it's a contract signed with Barcelona FC and pressuring him out of it is a reprehensible act.

If I was him I would stay and make Barca honour their word. Pay me what we agreed. Simple as that
They're paying Lewandowski over a longer term than Bayern would. So he's aiming to make up the difference that way.

I heard Lewa is getting 10m net. Which is 20m gross. He was on 24m at Bayern. Why would he take a 14m drop in wages?

What’s his signing on fee? Longer deal + signing fee and you have your answer, he’s making more moving than he would staying.

Safe to say the signing fee was rather large as his agent earned 20m euros for brokering the deal :eek:

They're paying Lewandowski over a longer term than Bayern would. So he's aiming to make up the difference that way.
Fair enough but my original point about asking a player to reduce his wages is scandalous. It doesn't happen anywhere else. It's bullying on a huge level.

Whichever way you phrase it Frenkie is being asked to take a pay cut. I have never heard such a thing.
You can call it a Barto contract but it's a contract signed with Barcelona FC and pressuring him out of it is a reprehensible act.

If I was him I would stay and make Barca honour their word. Pay me what we agreed. Simple as that
His agent is getting 5m per year for every year Lewa stays.
I’ll give you one guess where most of that money goes…

These are not facts, but another social media narrative all haters and drama lovers jump on. The same "facts" that were on social media only a half a year ago.
"If Dembele doesnt leave, then Torres, Aubameyang and Traoré can't be registered". "He has to leave, barca is kicking him out." "Barca is threatening him with 6 months bench otherwise and so on and so on."
What actually happened?
Dembele stayed, was in fact the biggest reason barca did so well in the second half of the season and EVERY player got registered anyways.
No one besides the actual board knows actually how big the margin is after those €600m. Certainly not those klickbaiting social media "journalists". Even Laporta said yesterday in his interview they have to talk to LaLiga to clear some things out, because they can be interpreted in different ways but they strongly believe everyone can be registered after the levers.

So let's see in the end if you are right with your "social media facts" or the same thing as with Dembele happens and everyone will be registered.

edit:

Laporta: "Was it stressful getting back to a positive balance? It has been very hard. But my expertise is in managing chaos. It also happened in my first period as president and I succeeded and we had the most successful period of the club."

He has the benefit of the doubt because of that. People seem to forget that. Let us see, if he can repeat this again. If not, you can tell your jokes and insults about him and barca afterwards. But until then, I'd wait personally, because internet doesn't forget :)

Didn't you have to use the first lever to make all that happen though?

Sure but did you catch the last comment where he says he hopes Frenkie will do everything in his power to stay. He is selling the narrative. We want Frenkie but he must take a massive pay cut, if he does not don't blame us blame Frenkie for being greedy.

Yeah that's the key line of the whole thing

Alvarez and Haaland up top.
Grealish out left. Mahrez on the right. Foden can cover either wing.
KDB, Gungodan and Bernando for two CM spots.
Philips and Rodri for the CDM spot.

Yes, it's not enough. They play CL and PL, plus two domestic cups. They have 10 players for the front 6. It's not that unlikely to have 2-4 of them out at any one time. That leaves them with virtually no alternates, playing two games a week. With 5 subs allowed, other teams will have a big advantage. Plus there's the WC in the middle of the season, so the schedule will be more hectic then usual.

They could add a couple of backups, either experienced pros who'd be happy as a backup, or a couple decent younger players who'd just be happy warming the bench for a couple years, and they would practically walk the league and give themselves a better chance of coping with the heavy schedule when it comes down to the CL knockouts and PL run in. It's just absurdly risky.

The end game is near. I think if they get to 10m and offer him 2m more over the next 2 years..he will finally leave and join us.

The deadline is closing in. That shitbox barca club need to register their new players for their ponzi scheme. FDJ will inevitably leave once he receives adequate compensation for wages lost during pandemic.

Interesting Ziegler is reporting €7m not £7m so still a long way to £10m

Status
Not open for further replies.