• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It's amazing that after the whole Mbappe La Liga complaint farce, Barca easily walzed in and showed the world who's the bigger twat

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
For all the Barca fans who think their club is blameless, what would you be saying if Real Madrid were doing this to their player, in exactly the same circumstances?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
It’s a World Cup year and Barcelona will be convinced that starting the season on the bench, only considered as a fourth choice centre back will shit him up enough to drop his demands to something like 10 million.
He's not even 4th choice CB. they have Kounde, Araujo, Christensen, Garcia, and Pique who are all actual CBs and would play ahead of him.

mu4c_20le

I don't know how often Laporta and barca have to repeat that they will respect Frenkie's contract if he decides to stay on it, no matter what. That's funny how most of you just repress that fact when it comes to that.
So how come the Catalan media keeps saying otherwise for the past few weeks, insisting that he had to take a pay cut or leave? Or stories about his camp getting annoyed at barcas conduct? All fake news media lies?

Because Laporta is totally honest and trustworthy and means what he says, right?

It’s rather hilarious though how Barcelona have managed to get their media to only talk about Lewandowski’s NET salary, since when does that ever happen? :lol:
He’s on 355 k /week gross.

It’s clever though because it’s even managed to get knuckle draggers like this @Ragnar123 to believe that De Jong’s salary for 2022-23 will be double that :wenger: , as of course, his salary is reported gross.

Over the course of his 6 year deal, De Jong will be on 100,000 LESS than Lewa per week (gross). Yet it’s reported that De Jong, and not Lewandowski, is the one that needs to renegotiate to fit into the new structure.

Last edited:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
It’s rather hilarious though how Barcelona have managed to get their media to only talk about Lewandowski’s NET salary, since when does that ever happen? :lol:

It’s clever though because it’s even managed to get knuckle draggers like this @Ragnar123 to believe that De Jong salary for 2022-23 will be double that, as of course, his salary is reported gross.
This is pretty normal in Spain, to be fair

Wrecking ralf

It’ll be fascinating to see who city go and get to replace him. They will have made crazy amounts of money through sales so either an absurd bid for Bellingham or possibly Saka who has 2 years on his deal could await.
Peps a fan of Nunes from sporting. Possible they could go in for him. He’d be a very good addition to that squad if Bernardo is actually leaving. Think it’s been mentioned he has a release clause around the 50mil mark.

Baneofthegame

It’s clever though because it’s even managed to get knuckle draggers like this @Ragnar123 to believe that De Jong’s salary for 2022-23 will be double that :wenger: , as of course, his salary is reported gross.

Over the course of his 6 year deal, De Jong will be on 100,000 LESS than Lewa per week (gross). Yet it’s reported that De Jong, and not Lewandowski, is the one that needs to renegotiate to fit into the new structure.
Isn’t he due 118 million over 4 years? Which is roughly 590k gross a week.

Indy_Red

The thing that i take umbrage with Barcalona is the players they signed on those big contracts then asking them to reduce, what if they would not have come if the wages were lower? it seems like Barca gets players through the door and then play the victim card. I have some sympathy that they are trying to compete with state & oil run clubs but we are all in that boat and so far Barca are the only ones reducing contract wages, live to you're means guys.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Weird. Graham Hunter laughed at any suggestion Barcelona weren’t paying the money in full and belittled any journalist saying otherwise. Almost like he’s a total shill.
He is clued up but it's the issue with this type of reporters, he tends to focus on long forms articles which require more in depth access. When he suggested that Barcelona were willing to pay in full, it was quite obviously nonsense since the only figure that we heard was from the Cope(if I remember correctly) and the offer was 3m€.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

All the time, while in the UK they tend to talk about gross salaries on the continent it's mainly net.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's a lie, a false narrative.
Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.
Its not a lie or a false narrative.
Frenkie is on a salary that was granted by the club upon joining of whatever amount.

They are now trying to get him to take a pay cut.

The reasons for this is immaterial. This is basically what the ask is, so quit trying to act like its OK or normal or fine. I dont think its unfair to say that Barcelona are the biggest joke of club football in this time.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Real Madrid >> Barca.

not even real act this badly.
Well, thing is Real is as bad as Barca but they when it comes to money , they pay it. They don't do the embarrassing things like Barca.

Barca, even at the peak times has been like this. All those tapping up players , publicily endorsing them and negotiate with less money.

Olecurls99

That's a lie, a false narrative.
Every new player fits into the new wage system. No one, except those with old Barto contracts, is on monster wages anymore.
Frenkie with his current Barto contract earns nearly double of Lewandowski, the actual 2 times Fifa Player of the Year and all the other new signings for that matter.
All Laporta and his board ask of Frenkie is to fit into the new finance system, as every other player does so far, nothing more. If that means "bend over" for you all, well then I can't help it.
I heard Lewa is getting 10m net. Which is 20m gross. He was on 24m at Bayern. Why would he take a 14m drop in wages?

Whichever way you phrase it Frenkie is being asked to take a pay cut. I have never heard such a thing.
You can call it a Barto contract but it's a contract signed with Barcelona FC and pressuring him out of it is a reprehensible act.

If I was him I would stay and make Barca honour their word. Pay me what we agreed. Simple as that

Loony BoB

For all the Barca fans who think their club is blameless, what would you be saying if Real Madrid were doing this to their player, in exactly the same circumstances?
This is an excellent question. I'm very interested in seeing who does (and doesn't) reply to it.

Chief123

It feels like it’s too late in the window to make this happen now…but on the other hand Barca is such a sh**show it might actually be a total possibility. If it were any other club that was even run mediocrely I’d have almost no hope left. But with these guys it’s anyones guess at this point….
Ey? We’ve literally got a full month of the window left.

Has a 6 year deal, not 4.

Worth 255k /week gross, approx 80m base salary for the entire contract.
Then a bunch of variables are added on, just as with Lewa’s, including bonuses for winning leagues, CL finals, playing more than 60% of games etc.

His base salary ever since he signed, and even on the new deal since 2020 has always been a very fair 255-265k /week base deal (gross). It only looks like a daft wage now because rather than receiving 255k /week in 2020, he agreed to just take 58k :eek:

Last edited:

Chief123

It’ll be fascinating to see who city go and get to replace him. They will have made crazy amounts of money through sales so either an absurd bid for Bellingham or possibly Saka who has 2 years on his deal could await.
Maybe Foden will play more centrally?
I read they were after some Brazilian midfielder as a replacement. Can’t remember the name!

Status
Not open for further replies.