Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

feck it. We're getting the band back together, come on Frenkie!

Just seems nothing that would make him have a change of heart about leaving Barca, like I have said before the Camp Nou could be burning and he would still want to stay until rebuilt

I still hold onto a slim hope that Casemerio's uptick in form will attract Saudi interest and we can sell him and get Frenkie.

I still hold onto a slim hope that Casemerio's uptick in form will attract Saudi interest and we can sell him and get Frenkie.

De Ligt and Erik could try everything to persuade him Utd are building something special but he will just say I'm staying at my dream club

Just seems nothing that would make him have a change of heart about leaving Barca, like I have said before the Camp Nou could be burning and he would still want to stay until rebuilt
I mean, until Barca actually pay him the money they owe him, nobody knows just how set he is on staying there. Obviously they are his preferred club, but whether it's "I want to stay here no matter what" like people make out or whether it's just like a normal player who has a preferred club but will still do what's best for their career, who knows?

How many players in the world would have left and allowed Barca to effectively steal 10's of millions of euros from them? That's what Barca tried to force him to do, and what the people who criticise him for staying there seem to expect him to do. Indeed, the fact FDJ refused to let Barca bully him into giving up those lost wages and made himself a source of anger within the club and the fanbase leads me to think he might not be as in love with the club as much as people make out.

Get Annekee on the case as she's best mates with Mikky, perhaps she could at least convince her there is a football world outside Barcelona

I saw the Daily Mail said United made a bid. The Daily Mail... that's a very reliable and critically acclaimed newspaper right?

Last edited:
I saw the Daily Mail said United made a bit. The Daily Mail... that's a very reliable and critically acclaimed newspaper right?

Still remember tweet from Ornstein in 2022 that Barca accepted bid, unfortunately we never could agree personal terms, partly due to how much they still owed him in wages

I mean, until Barca actually pay him the money they owe him, nobody knows just how set he is on staying there. Obviously they are his preferred club, but whether it's "I want to stay here no matter what" like people make out or whether it's just like a normal player who has a preferred club but will still do what's best for their career, who knows?

How many players in the world would have left and allowed Barca to effectively steal 10's of millions of euros from them? That's what Barca tried to force him to do, and what the people who criticise him for staying there seem to expect him to do. Indeed, the fact FDJ refused to let Barca bully him into giving up those lost wages and made himself a source of anger within the club and the fanbase leads me to think he might not be as in love with the club as much as people make out.
Heh... same thought had occurred to me this morning. :confused:

This 100%

You can't criticise the player for holding out for what he is owed, especially after doing a favour for Barca, by reducing his wages.
Barcelona are a joke of a club for trying to sell him to avoid paying his outstanding wages, and even trying to get the paying club to cover this outstanding income.

His owed wages should be covered by Barca and taken away from the transfer cost, simple.

And didn't we have a €65 transfer agreed for him 2 years ago, when they tried to get rid of him?
So that's 2 less years on his contract, and minus his outstanding wages, we should offer Barca €30 maximum!

You know what’s wild is how did they even agree to paying him 600k a week. I mean he looked like a very promising player but how has he managed to get that wage.

Have they even paid him the money he is due yet?

You know what’s wild is how did they even agree to paying him 600k a week. I mean he looked like a very promising player but how has he managed to get that wage.

That includes the money he is due that's why it's so much.

Yep they are pretty imaginative!
It’s got to curtail their spending ability though, committed to pay a single player £600k a week for the next 2? Years.
His wages go up next season. Think he has a couple of loyalty bonuses too.

His wages go up next season. Think he has a couple of loyalty bonuses too.
Understandable they want to shift him pronto then, but he doesn’t seem like someone who is going to give up anything he’s owed (rightly so) and I very much doubt any other team will be silly enough to pay them a transfer fee and give FDJ everything he’s currently entitled to.
Please god make us not that stupid…..

Seems the only way to move him would be for Barca to give him up on a free and then the gaining club pay the owed wages as a signing bonus to the player in lieu of a transfer fee. But that will never happen and assumes De Jong is even open to moving clubs.

Ok, this is what I don’t get about teams like Barca. They have worldwide pull. Surely they don’t have to pay 600k/wk to players. Is that gross, and they have to do it because the taxes in Spain are so high? I have no idea, genuinely curious.

Ok, this is what I don’t get about teams like Barca. They have worldwide pull. Surely they don’t have to pay 600k/wk to players. Is that gross, and they have to do it because the taxes in Spain are so high? I have no idea, genuinely curious.
While it undeniably matters I'm pretty sure Monetary concerns triumph above all else most of the time.

Good. This one has always been a waste of our time. The money involved was always going to be nuts. Sort of player you need to build your midfield around, but that is Mainoo for us now. And as a homegrown player, I’m delighted about that.

Hopefully we can move on from the perennial links.

No smoke without fire.

And no, this doesn't deny the smoke, this is the very definition of smoke. From now on, when people see smoke and someone asks 'what's that?', they will be shown this tweet.

It's SO on.

I don't think this will happen but I'd love to have a player of his quality in our midfield...

Apparently they were trying to sell as they had merino wrapped up and his refusal to sign an extention but flick put a stop to it as he considers him they're best dm.

In their forum someone claimed he's heard from a source of questionable reliability that he's willing to forgo what he's owed if they terminate his contract and let him go on a free.

And what of Frenkie's wage contract? Surely we're not going to agree to something on the order of 500k/week for him and there's no chance he's coming down to 250k/week.

And what of Frenkie's wage contract? Surely we're not going to agree to something on the order of 500k/week for him and there's no chance he's coming down to 250k/week.
He probably would once Barcelona has paid their fair share of what he gave up for them in previous years.

He almost certainly will take a huge paycut to move anywhere else. Nobody on this planet is paying him what Barcelona agreed to pay him when they signed him.

He probably would once Barcelona has paid their fair share of what he gave up for them in previous years.

I may be behind on the facts, but is it even remotely possible that Barcelona will write a huge check to Frenkie to settle their contractual obligations to him then let him walk away from the club?