Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

Frenkie and Sancho are not welcome to bankrupt the club. Just stay at the Camp Nou please.

Tell Ten hag if he wins the premier league this season we'll get him Frankie no matter the cost

Unless theres a clear agreement between barcelona and the player, this is (still) a non starter. He's going to earn 40m or so more at barcelona in the next 2 years than even the most extreme, generous contract he'll get elsewhere. Without a huge payoff hes not going to consider it, no one would.

2 years too late...

He made his bed though, he wanted to stay there even though they've tried selling him each of the previous 2 summers and now they're still trying for cut price :lol:

He can stay there unwanted, as long as the lifestyle is good what does it matter if your club doesn't respect you I guess

Officially been offered to us according to this.

He's still a great player but the fee would need to be no higher than €40m and he would need to take a significant paycut for this to even be palatable. Very unlikely.

2 years too late...

He made his bed though, he wanted to stay there even though they've tried selling him each of the previous 2 summers and now they're still trying for cut price :lol:

He can stay there unwanted, as long as the lifestyle is good what does it matter if your club doesn't respect you I guess
The coaches and players respect him. I doubt he gives a feck what the board thinks.
He already called their bluff in terms of dropping him from the team - he's a good player, he got back in after about 2 weeks.

He's still a great player but the fee would need to be no higher than €40m and he would need to take a significant paycut for this to even be palatable. Very unlikely.
Barca are again just trying to avoid what he's due. No chance INEOS spend the summer trying to get wage structure under control only to throw it all away on him.

Lets buy all of Ten hag's ajax team.

Well tbf we went after De Ligt agains after rejection De jong is a even better talent.

Would a FDJ - Mainoo - Bruno midfield work?

I think it would. While neither are pure DMs, both Mainoo and De Jong are good defensively. Pretty sure De Jong has also played games at CB. So having both alternating roles during a game, or De Jong sitting would be quite interesting and could work. Not every team needs to have a pure DM.

Not in the PL.

It would if the team around them was built and set up to hoard possession and dominate the ball. But in the vertical style we play? feck no.

I do wish we had another option to play for when we rest Bruno. Something other than Mount. It's why I ultimately hoped we went all out for Neves, as he could have rotated with Mainoo and Bruno both without having to be first choice and would give us 3 top class options for 2 spots. FDJ in theory would offer the same thing but comes at 2x the price wage wise and is 8 years older.

But either way I do want another true CM along with a DM. Right now we are basically praying Bruno and Mainoo both stay fit without any sort of quality cover behind them.

I know this is silly, but I'd still take him.
But only if he wants to come, just get a yes or no from his agent early on, before even trying to negotiate.

People keep bring up his wages, but they are only so high because his still owed wages added in to his weekly wage, that Barcelona still owes him, after he took a reduction during their covid lever times.

He'd be the perfect player for kobbie to learn from.

Just I'd prioritise a proper DM first.

Wasnt Kovacic supposed to be Gundogan's replacement?
Yeah, I think Kovacic was probably seen as a squad/rotation option. I think they might have signed that Mattheus Nunes from Wolves as the Gundo replacement, but he's barely had a sniff with Pep, wich is odd. But Nunes was signed for big money, wasn' he? Anyhow, let me not derail the thread.

Remember when Ornstein tweeted we had agreed fee in 2022 but unfortunately he never had any intention of leaving Barca. Obviously the owed wages made things even more complicated