Frenkie De Jong - Part 3?

He will do what he is told by his girlfriend.

He will stay at Barca until contract is finished. Then probably retire after earning all that money.

He is exactly the wrong type of signing. Never happening.
No chance we'd go for him, we have Mainoo in his position already, have a load of other positions that need fixing, and have just got rid of some of our highest earners. INEOS look to be trying to buy players in their early 20s and are not paying extortionate wages/fees for them, the complete opposite of Frenkie. This ship has well and truly sailed.

Love seeing Barcas stupidity blow up in their faces. If they were that desperate to get rid of him they should offer him to us for free we pay him a nice hefty signing on bonus to offset his stupid wages with Barca and then give him a normal wage :lol:

Of course theres 625000 reasons every week he should stay at Barca and you cant fault him for that either.

It absolutely wouldn't...although we do need a rotation option, and the ability for someone to dictate the game. FDJ is just too expensive, we will have to hold out until a young player steps up and sign them before anyone else.
Agreed. Only way I could see it potentially working is if we also signed Ugarte. We could play Ugarte, De Jong and Mainoo. Means no Bruno though, unless we use him wide or false 9. In any case, De Jong is as you say, too expensive.

He wont leave without a big chunk of his wages being payed and the main reason they want to sell him is to avoid paying his wages so its a non starter, same as it was 2 years ago and every point since. His contract is up in 2 years he'll stay at barcelona in the mean time

Wasnt he only paid 40k a week in his first year or something? Isnt the astronomical weekly wages backdated pay for taking less to get to Barca early? You'd think if they sold him, they'd have to pay him a lump sum anyway due to the initial agreement.

Onana
Dalot - De Ligt - Martinez - Shaw
Ugarte - de Jong - Mainoo
Bruno
Hojlund - Rashford

He wouldnt take Kobbie's place at all. He would take Casemiro's

Wasnt he only paid 40k a week in his first year or something? Isnt the astronomical weekly wages backdated pay for taking less to get to Barca early? You'd think if they sold him, they'd have to pay him a lump sum anyway due to the initial agreement.
Oh he's most definitely tanking their finances, hence why the murmurs never die out.

I still have no idea when FDJ part 2 was, similarly to my confusion about Ivan Toney part 1.
Toney part 1 got locked because there was discussion about him but no transfer links for months.

So when we did get another round of links I made Part 2 :)

Only if barca are willing to let him go for little to nothing as it shouldn't make sense for us otherwise financially speaking, I'm assuming he won't accept a pay cut either.

He will do what he is told by his girlfriend.

He will stay at Barca until contract is finished. Then probably retire after earning all that money.

He is exactly the wrong type of signing. Never happening.
What's with his girlfriend?

600,000 a week is bonkers. Barca really stiffed themselves...
That contract takes him out of market for any team. 35-40M for transfer fee but over 400k of excess wages which translate to over 80M in 4 years. Turns out to be a 115M-120M transfer, he's not worth it.

Barca fecked up big time nobody's going to save the from that one. Specially with the level FDJ has been displaying lately

Ship has sailed. Let him bankrupt Barca with those insane wages of his, which he ironically claims is his boyhood club

was a huge fan not long ago but have been less impressed each time ive seen him since. supposedly we're after younger players too, although de jong is only 27 im not sure hes reached the level we might have once expected.

If they want him gone then they need to consider those wages in the price. And by that, they need to consider that De Jong isn't going to want to earn £600k/week for his contract and then earn £200k/week after that. They would almost have to give him away to make any team remotely interested.

No.

He never wanted to come here in the first place. Would be another Di Maria type signing.

Let Barca suffer from their own mistakes. They've put us through enough misery over the years. Lovely to finally see some of their bullshit catch up with them.

He is married now and they have a child. The answer is obvious i think. They live the dream life in Barcelona
Ralphina is up for sale as well. Paid alot and doesn't want to leave.

More laporta feck ups. Apparently Jose Font (the candidate for president who lost to laporta) would have gone a different direction and cleared off their debts (for another thread).

Onana
Dalot - De Ligt - Martinez - Shaw
Ugarte - de Jong - Mainoo
Bruno
Hojlund - Rashford

Ugarte in the middle, but yeah only way it could work. Awful lot would be asked from Dalot/Shaw along with Ugarte to stay disciplined in a way am not sure he can... With Zirkzee you could though have him in the hole with Rashford/Garnacho on each side and you would get width from your forwards then solving a FB's issue.

Intersting in theory, but this ain't happening. And even if it is possible, I feel ten Hag would bench Mainoo which is the last thing I would like, so no thanks to potential de Jong arrival.

He's probably not available but if he were, we would go all in for him considering how vital he's to ETH's vision.

He can be a difference in playing out of an opponent's pressing. He's hard to take the ball from, twists and turns quick.

But his wages are insane, his injury record is not great.

I'm a fan of his abilities and unique talent, he needs a manager that trusts him. He can be that good.

Do it. Do it, do it , do it! :drool:
If Uncle Jim delivers us Frenkie he instantly assumes god like status. :lol:
Aren't those wages "false" though - they are as much as that because he deferred a lot of it to help the club previously?

If he signed a new contract once what was owed to him has been paid it wouldn't be anything like that amount surely?

Aren't those wages "false" though - they are as much as that because he deferred a lot of it to help the club previously?

If he signed a new contract once what was owed to him has been paid it wouldn't be anything like that amount surely?
Yeah, presumably Barca would have to pay him his deferred wages for him to leave. His wages at United would be much more normal ( by football standards!!)

However, people seem unwilling or unable to comprehend that. At 40m he would be a bargain, and maybe we could tempt him with his mate de Ligt too. In fact it’s almost a shame we sold Donny! Almost…. :lol:

Over €30m a year. How in the hell did Barcelona get themselves in that mess? :lol::lol: :lol:

0_Screenshot-2023-02-23-at-212008.jpg
:lol:

If my views were summed up in a picture.

Not this again. It's abundantly clear that he doesn't want to play for us and if he suddenly magically does now it's because it's the least worst option or it's for the money.

It won't happen, and thank god for that because I don't want him anywhere near this club.

Not this again. It's abundantly clear that he doesn't want to play for us and if he suddenly magically does now it's because it's the least worst option or it's for the money.

It won't happen, and thank god for that because I don't want him anywhere near this club.
Don't think it's that clear. Barcelona is his dream club, and he's happy there. He also wants to get paid according to his contract. It has seemed so far that if he leaves, that will not happen. So he might as well stay, and not try to piss off the fans.