Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

Extremely deceptive announcing what they did the last time around. There was obviously absolutely no chance of a November release.

Who wants a yearly football title at the end of the season!?

I think there's a decent chance there won't be a game at all until December, and that it'll still be a mess on release. Could even be a Konami PES moment.
Turn out I was optimistic in the extreme :lol:

They made an advert were they didn't show the game, that tells you all you need to know that this was nowhere remotely close to release ready.

Delaying 4 months is insane, they cut features left and right, they announced the plans 2 years ago, they had to know months ago how fecked it was.

Last edited:
They better release a fecking data update for 24 for free.

I think they will do that, they will have to placate people. It isn’t the fact it’s been delayed, it is the terrible communication and outright lies that will have irked the masses.

It will be very interesting to see the reaction of the YouTubers who make most of their money in November/December upon release, but also are in with SI and Miles.

They looked worried after the first announcement. A few of them are probably recording furious videos as we speak.

It's just not the sort of game that needs yearly releases. They should just do patches most years, some kind of official dlc, then do bigger and more important engine/gameplay improvements on a world cup cycle. I buy every 4 years and to be honest the difference between 17 and 21 was negligible. I was due to buy this year but clearly won't be. Removing international management truly bonkers in a football manager game.

Women's football will be revealed from Oct 7th onwards and the other features will be "unlocked" in the following weeks. Everyone could see what a shambles that road map was.:lol::lol:

At this point they should just skip it and focus on FM26 but I somehow think they don't want to do that.

I knew it was a very inept company for a long while but this is exceeding expectations and then some :lol:

They should just skip the year now and patch 24. Nobody buying it in March.

I think they will do that, they will have to placate people. It isn’t the fact it’s been delayed, it is the terrible communication and outright lies that will have irked the masses.

It will be very interesting to see the reaction of the YouTubers who make most of their money in November/December upon release, but also are in with SI and Miles.

They looked worried after the first announcement. A few of them are probably recording furious videos as we speak.
Those YouTubers probably knew what was coming anyways. They have other revenue streams on their channels. FM will still be their most profitable one ofcourse but I see WTS doing F1 content since sometime and I see Lollujo doing EAFC on his main channel and theres other channel where he does Lego and Pokemon stuff.

ok this is shambles, these kinds of games only make sense if released at the beginning of the season. No way I'm buying it on a full price in March

Should just make a proper game every x amount of years (see Rockstar) and give it regular updates instead of this yearly nonsense.

What does it mean for FM26 if they've only got 6 months to work on that one after this if it even does come out in March. Shambolic :lol:

Should just make a proper game every x amount of years (see Rockstar) and give it regular updates instead of this yearly nonsense.
Never going to happen. FM desperately needs a competitor.

March? Only just seeing this.

Going to head over to the official forums to see the blowback. :lol:

At least it gives me time for a new '24 save that I didn't think I'd have time for before '25 is out. Not that I'm likely to buy '25 now.

March? Only just seeing this.

Going to head over to the official forums to see the blowback. :lol:

At least it gives me time for a new '24 save that I didn't think I'd have time for before the new one is out.
Go on reddit also, they are calling for Miles to resign :lol:

What does it mean for FM26 if they've only got 6 months to work on that one after this if it even does come out in March. Shambolic :lol:
Makes no sense. Just bring out updates for FM24 and scrap 25. Bring out a normal release in FM26.

As expected though because they went balls deep on licences and sponsors for FM25, they must have to do a release despite it not really making sense to do so.

Disgraceful from SI to encourage pre-orders and now a release pushed back to the end of the football season makes it pointless. Cancel FM25 and focus on FM26.

As a minimum, they need to provide a data update for FM24.

They better release a fecking data update for 24 for free.

They have to, surely. I've been hammering the company for years because they're inept but this is even more than I expected. Utter shambles :lol:

What is the point in releasing FM25 in March if FM26 is planned to be released in October/November?

It's just not the sort of game that needs yearly releases. They should just do patches most years, some kind of official dlc, then do bigger and more important engine/gameplay improvements on a world cup cycle. I buy every 4 years and to be honest the difference between 17 and 21 was negligible. I was due to buy this year but clearly won't be. Removing international management truly bonkers in a football manager game.
For the consumer that would make sense. But for a corporation whose main focus is profit? That's why you get a yearly release with minimal changes at full price.

What is the point in releasing FM25 in March if FM26 is planned to be released in October/November?
I'm quite worried that this will knock onto other FMs and essentially kill the franchise... Rather that or 26 will just be a rehash of 25 with updated squads and international management back.

this is just another long list of promises they have failed to keep.

Women's football is still going well though right?

how can they mess up an excel spreadsheet so much?

this is just another long list of promises they have failed to keep.

Women's football is still going well though right?
They have simultaneously managed to upset the sexists and the anti-sexists. They've made a right feck up of the big launch of womens football in FM and now all the sexists will undoubtedly blame this as a reason why they fecked it :lol:

at least there’s a football manager having a worse season than ten hag.

I'm quite worried that this will knock onto other FMs and essentially kill the franchise... Rather that or 26 will just be a rehash of 25 with updated squads and international management back.

My thinking too. This has royally fecked them. Disaster

Can only assume this entire project is stressful as shit to actually work on, because they really don't give "good employer" vibes.