Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

I'm quite interested to see when we get a glimpse of the new match engine. That is the fundamental reason for the delay as they've shown nothing of it yet so I kind of want to know just how far behind they are. I bet it will come out and look shit still.

For all this talk of transparency, they've not really been transparent, have they?

The issue they initially stated was that women's football inclusion, etc was causing bugs with the International football side of things.

Fast forward, and they've basically no content to reveal, while still being scummy and allowing pre-orders to take place. Especially since they probably knew nothing would be ready.

I'm genuinely wondering how much of the actual game has been implemented so far.

Apparently the change to Unity is only really graphical/UI based and they won't be able to fix the actual game logic for years.

For all this talk of transparency, they've not really been transparent, have they?

The issue they initially stated was that women's football inclusion, etc was causing bugs with the International football side of things.

Fast forward, and they've basically no content to reveal, while still being scummy and allowing pre-orders to take place. Especially since they probably knew nothing would be ready.

I'm genuinely wondering how much of the actual game has been implemented so far.

I think it's fairly obvious the match engine is nowhere near completion as they've shown nothing of it and as that was the thing they led with in regards to this new game and why it would be better. You'd damn well lead your marketing for the game with it.

Apparently the change to Unity is only really graphical/UI based and they won't be able to fix the actual game logic for years.
But as so often, trying to slap new things onto legacy software comes with its own problems.

While I have never worked as a game developer I know this being one of the major problems with pretty much every software projected I have worked on, every time you have to integrate some legacy software you will run into problems you haven't anticipated which can often double or tripple the amount of time you actually planned with.

I've been wondering for a long while when will we see some competition for this game - and the career mode of FIFA obviously doesn't count, maybe some studios will smell the blood and try to release something
Yeah in previous years, I think FM has been too well established to get any competitors, as they've been built up of years of DB development, licensing and scouting..

But now with the mess of the new engine and super late release, it would be a good time for another developer to give it a go, try and get some good gameplay and graphics, and get an earlier release in than SI

In a dilemma.

Do I kick off my saves that I planned for 25 now, or wait in the hope that they may release an updated DB for 24 before Christmas? :confused:

I'm going to show my ignorance, and the fact I haven't played one of these games since the early 00's, but shouldn't the game design be relatively straightforward?
How many 'bells and whistles ' have they added since ?

I'm going to show my ignorance, and the fact I haven't played one of these games since the early 00's, but shouldn't the game design be relatively straightforward?
How many 'bells and whistles ' have they added since ?
It's a completely new engine that they need to start from the bottom up.

In a dilemma.

Do I kick off my saves that I planned for 25 now, or wait in the hope that they may release an updated DB for 24 before Christmas? :confused:
Why don't you just download the sortitoutsi data update and start your new save now? I can't imagine there would be many noticeable differences between that and any 'official' update that may or may not come.

Why don't you just download the sortitoutsi data update and start your new save now? I can't imagine there would be many noticeable differences between that and any 'official' update that may or may not come.

Ability changes would be the biggest change..I don't think sortitoutsi do ability changes

Main issue is real life results and more importantly the new UEFA competition format.

Found one person who managed to get the DB to start from 2024 with real results but they're trying to charge £7 for it...

Main issue is real life results and more importantly the new UEFA competition format.

Found one person who managed to get the DB to start from 2024 with real results but they're trying to charge £7 for it...
Are they still having a problem with point deduction stuff? From what i saw they're hard coded and can't be removed.

That's not how it was sold to me. It's that it will now be easier to fix the game logic and they'll do it over years with now heavy focus on particular sections per edition and it'll be easier to hire qualified devs to make it a better process.

That's not how it was sold to me. It's that it will now be easier to fix the game logic and they'll do it over years with now heavy focus on particular sections per edition and it'll be easier to hire qualified devs to make it a better process.
Got it from this:

Not a big fan of the "UI consistency across platforms and devices" point, if it means what it sounds like it means.
You also think it means a dumbed down UI is coming to PC in line with the Mobile version?

If so it's a bit like the shitty PC ports from games originally designed for console.

Are there any alternative football management games these days?

I remember one where you had a telephone and fax machine which you could use to offer bribes.

I remember one where you had a telephone and fax machine which you could use to offer bribes.

Was a few back in the day. LMA Manager and Premier Manager spring to mind. Think it was LMA where you could offer bribes.

Ultimate Soccer Manager
My first dive into management game. Absolutely loved it :lol:
And when they brought out the next iteration, they sold either a full game or a data update for cheaper

Was a few back in the day. LMA Manager and Premier Manager spring to mind. Think it was LMA where you could offer bribes.
Which one was Premier Manager? I recall the name..
Ultimate Soccer Manager
My first dive into management game. Absolutely loved it :lol:
And when they brought out the next iteration, they sold either a full game or a data update for cheaper

I often think we all like these simulations far too much these days when the better, more playable games, can often take themselves far less seriously.

On Ultimate Soccer Manager you could offer to fix a match or a bung.

My early years of playing football management included FA Premier League Manager 99, Ultimate Soccer Manager and Championship Manager on PC. Then Premier Manager and LMA manager on the PlayStation.

It's a shame that there isn't any real alternative.

Used to love making myself a Baron on Total Club Manager, you could buy yourself a new house to.

On Ultimate Soccer Manager you could offer to fix a match or a bung.

My early years of playing football management included FA Premier League Manager 99, Ultimate Soccer Manager and Championship Manager on PC. Then Premier Manager and LMA manager on the PlayStation.

It's a shame that there isn't any real alternative.
Absolutely! Can you still play these classics?

Used to love making myself a Baron on Total Club Manager, you could buy yourself a new house to.
I think Total Club Manager 2003 was the first game I played on a PC. I think it let you try and punch opposition players if you played the matches in text mode. :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the FM25 match engine ends up looking worse than that as well...

I used to absolutely love FA Premier League Manager 2002 as a kid.

Rivaldo on the transfer list, and there were a couple of 99 rated players I can't remember the names of who were available dirt cheap for some reason. Remember you could offer to buy players a house and a car to try and convince them to sign for you. Had a better 3D match engine than FM too.

I used to absolutely love FA Premier League Manager 2002 as a kid.

Rivaldo on the transfer list, and there were a couple of 99 rated players I can't remember the names of who were available dirt cheap for some reason. Remember you could offer to buy players a house and a car to try and convince them to sign for you. Had a better 3D match engine than FM too.

Which one was Premier Manager? I recall the name..

I often think we all like these simulations far too much these days when the better, more playable games, can often take themselves far less seriously.
I mean as a city fan usm was in fact not cheaty enough. Lacked realism.

Ultimate Soccer Manager '98 was brilliant witht the stadium development and being able to choose how much you sold the stadium hotdogs for.
Premier Manager '97 was really good too.

The more I think about this, the more I think this could kill them off.

They are truly a one game company, and the fact they have delayed it until the last possible moment, means it isn’t even close.

If it comes out in March, and it’s terrible, after being so dishonest and deceitful about the launch/pre-orders/delay, it will probably be one of their worst sold games in a long time.

Couple that with the fact that they would only have a 6 month turnaround to release 26 in a timely fashion, they could have serious issues.