Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

Ultimate Soccer Manager '98 was brilliant witht the stadium development and being able to choose how much you sold the stadium hotdogs for.
Premier Manager '97 was really good too.

Remember the “Offer Bung” option in USM 98? Good times!

The more I think about this, the more I think this could kill them off.

They are truly a one game company, and the fact they have delayed it until the last possible moment, means it isn’t even close.

If it comes out in March, and it’s terrible, after being so dishonest and deceitful about the launch/pre-orders/delay, it will probably be one of their worst sold games in a long time.

Couple that with the fact that they would only have a 6 month turnaround to release 26 in a timely fashion, they could have serious issues.

I wonder this too. This could really damage them. But miles will still be talking about the amazing face paint they used to have

On Ultimate Soccer Manager you could offer to fix a match or a bung.

My early years of playing football management included FA Premier League Manager 99, Ultimate Soccer Manager and Championship Manager on PC. Then Premier Manager and LMA manager on the PlayStation.

It's a shame that there isn't any real alternative.
I think you mean FA Premier League Football Manager, aka FAPLFM

It's negative announcement after negative announcement :lol:

They had 3-4 years to get this right, while releasing versions with little to no growth under the guise of “focusing on the new engine”

A little bit of goodwill goes a long way in situations like this.

They had 3-4 years to get this right, while releasing versions with little to no growth under the guise of “focusing on the new engine”

A little bit of goodwill goes a long way in situations like this.

All they have to do is show ten seconds of the new match engine. How hard can that be? I mean, really. Ten freaking seconds. It's nothing. Absolutely nothing. You can't even use the "it's not ready" schtick, because you should be able to produce a tiny clip of what the 3D match engine looks like visually and in motion by now.

All they have to do is show ten seconds of the new match engine. How hard can that be? I mean, really. Ten freaking seconds. It's nothing. Absolutely nothing. You can't even use the "it's not ready" schtick, because you should be able to produce a tiny clip of what the 3D match engine looks like visually and in motion by now.

From experience if a company is completely unwilling to show anything it’s because it is either broken or terrible.

Maybe one of the devs hard coded ‘Miles is a knob’ into the advertising hoardings around the stadium.

Will Football Manager 2025 be discounted?

A release two months before the season ends.
It's more that it's 6-7 months before 2026 is due to be released if they plan to get back on their usual schedule. Furthermore, they tend to need a patch or two as well, so I don't know how they expect to be able to dedicate enough resources to both versions.

It will be FM26 that suffers, I don't see how they will manage to make that anything more than a facelift of FM25 if they insist on meeting their usual release window.

If they are just honest about that and price accordingly, it won't even be an issue to most......but they won't do that.

If they are negotiating licences and stuff I'd personally try to negotiate a two year deal so FM 26 is a version that lasts until FM 28, and they skip FM 27 and just consistently work on trying to make the new games better.