Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

What is the point in releasing FM25 in March if FM26 is planned to be released in October/November?
The optics of it would be terrible for them as well. Barring another pandemic and/or a huge discount, they'll end up having way lower sales than they could ever have predicted for a game they've spent years bigging up and (supposedly) putting a bunch of time into. There's no way I'm gonna be buying an FM with less than a quarter of a season to go when it's probably gonna be a bugged out mess if/when it is released, and I imagine there'll be plenty thinking the same.

They have simultaneously managed to upset the sexists and the anti-sexists. They've made a right feck up of the big launch of womens football in FM and now all the sexists will undoubtedly blame this as a reason why they fecked it :lol:
considering it's a completely new engine you'd have to be a bit stupid to think it was women football that was a big development problem

I'm quite worried that this will knock onto other FMs and essentially kill the franchise... Rather that or 26 will just be a rehash of 25 with updated squads and international management back.
I've been wondering for a long while when will we see some competition for this game - and the career mode of FIFA obviously doesn't count, maybe some studios will smell the blood and try to release something

That's genuinely baffling. Why not skip the year? Who the hell is going to buy that?
Contracts, dear boy. They'll be contractually obliged to get it out in one form or another.

Though even if they didn't have the big bosses breathing down their necks, I still think Miles is too pig headed to concede defeat. Expecting another delay in March.

Contracts, dear boy. They'll be contractually obliged to get it out in one form or another.

Though even if they didn't have the big bosses breathing down their necks, I still think Miles is too pig headed to concede defeat. Expecting another delay in March.

The last one I didn't buy was CM96/97, and this will be the next one. Maybe not the one after that either, considering they'll only have half a year to make it (on top of having to patch and maintain this one).

They don't have a good reputation in the industry and for good reason. They produced the same game game for the past 4 years then when they moved to unity this shit happens. This is a glorified database not baldur gate 3

considering it's a completely new engine you'd have to be a bit stupid to think it was women football that was a big development problem
Being a bit stupid is a very generous descriptor of a lot of people on social media talking about gaming.

Never going to happen. FM desperately needs a competitor.

It really does. I'm really surprised, that every competition is some shitty mobile game.

I also bet that the codebase of FM is such a big ball of mud, that they essentially can't keep using any of the old stuff and at this point have to rewrite the whole game.

In the long run this can be good but something like this usually isn't done within two years.

March next year is pretty wild, suggests there is a lot they still need to sort out.

If they're releasing in March, they should scrap 2026 and just do a data update. No way they'll get away with two full price games within 6 months.

If they're releasing in March, they should scrap 2026 and just do a data update. No way they'll get away with two full price games within 6 months.
They probably can't due to contractual reasons. Seen someone point out that they are probably releasing in March due to it being the end of the financial year. Sega wouldn't be happy if they went a financial year without a release.

Any of you see that video that Unity released yesterday about the match engine and interface from FM. Showed absolutely nothing of the graphics or interface. It was 42 minutes long.
They were talking about decoupling game logic and the UI. It's absolutely incredible that the series has been running this long and their architecture is rubbish. Not surprising with the bugs showing up year after year.

Have they argued yet that it's convenient that FM 25 is released in 2025?

They've handled all of this about as badly as they could have. If it wasn't coming from an established series, the game would be getting called vapourware by now.
Well, nevermind. It actually is just vapourware. :lol:

I reckon it’ll still be a mess in March.

This road map nonsense was a case of them revealing things they could pass polished as and when. Just one giant scam.

They announced the road map shite last week. They obviously knew then it was very possible it would be delayed for a couple of months so to bring that out and fake tease everyone is just rotten marketing and way to treat your fanbase.

They probably can't due to contractual reasons. Seen someone point out that they are probably releasing in March due to it being the end of the financial year. Sega wouldn't be happy if they went a financial year without a release.

In which case, we're almost certainly going to get a "full" release that is little more than a data update, because they're going to want to get back to their usual release window ASAP.

The last one I didn't buy was CM96/97, and this will be the next one. Maybe not the one after that either, considering they'll only have half a year to make it (on top of having to patch and maintain this one).
From what I've heard about Unity, it'll be much easier for them to make changes to the game once they get the first version right. The old way it worked required them having to teach people how to work with it and so it was unwieldy. Also, any changes required a lot more work than it will need going forward.

So the change allows them to make updates more quickly and better and secondly, they can now hire from a wider pool of talent. If they work it well, there can still be enough improvement for FM26 to make it a worthy release.

From what I've heard about Unity, it'll be much easier for them to make changes to the game once they get the first version right. The old way it worked required them having to teach people how to work with it and so it was unwieldy. Also, any changes required a lot more work than it will need going forward.

So the change allows them to make updates more quickly and better and secondly, they can now hire from a wider pool of talent. If they work it well, there can still be enough improvement for FM26 to make it a worthy release.

I reckon we're not getting a properly playable one until FM27.

I reckon we're not getting a properly playable one until FM27.
Probably yeah.

Mad to think that they will be working on FM25 up until March at least then presuming 26 releases in November that's not a lot of time at all...

In March?

FM 25 will be a full release in March. They'll want to get back to their usual November release sooner rather than later. I predict FM 26 to come out in the run up to Christmas 2025, be marketed as a full version of the game, but basically be a data update for FM 25.

I’ve defended them a fair bit in here but there’s no way they couldn’t have known the amount of work still required when they announced the original 3 week delay. I don’t have an issue with the delay, rather it come out polished(ish) rather than completely half baked, but the comms has been truly poor.

How they navigate fm26 will definitely be interesting. Surely they’ll have to offer 25 out cheaper than the full price.

I’ve defended them a fair bit in here but there’s no way they couldn’t have known the amount of work still required when they announced the original 3 week delay. I don’t have an issue with the delay, rather it come out polished(ish) rather than completely half baked, but the comms has been truly poor.

How they navigate fm26 will definitely be interesting. Surely they’ll have to offer 25 out cheaper than the full price.
No chance

Could they not at least provide us with 30 seconds of the new visuals and the match engine? I mean, people would be content waiting if only the provided that much.

Surely they have time to add international management and shouts back in now, right? Right?!

I'd actually like a guided tour of the codebase. The idea I'm getting is it's a big mess with a lot of technical debt they don't have the time to fix due to the yearly release schedule and Miles wanting face paint or whatever.

Be better of scraping it and fully focusing on FM26 and making sure that is fit for release on time next year, rather than brining out FM 25 a couple of weeks before the season ends.

It's just what they are. They rarely deliver what they promise. I think a lot of people would have been okay with just a database update followed by a full FM26. But they make these promises and then lead on the customer. Some people have pre ordered this mess even though SI would be fully aware they can't promise half of what they said.

Could they not at least provide us with 30 seconds of the new visuals and the match engine? I mean, people would be content waiting if only the provided that much.

I don't think they have that much to show of it.

The game must be fundamentally fecked for them to be delaying it so much.

I can't believe that they actually gave the delayed release date and then opened up preorders for it, fully in the knowledge that it wasn't anywhere near ready. When you have a new engine and a total rebuild of the game, it has got to be a worry that the lead announcement set on the road map was the Women's game.

Be lucky if the game is released before the usual last patch date on all the past iterations.

Miles is one of the most obvious shite bastard bosses and clearly incompetent managers in all of gaming. He's awful to his customers, god knows how he is to staff.

FM25 is going to be a disaster when it first releases, I can't wait to see it. Not like previous FMs won't still be there to play if we want. Given newgen faces for the last 10+ years, we'll probably end up playing PS1 Spyro era graphics and be told to be grateful.
I think I somehow under-estimated how much of a disaster FM25 was going to be. Reaaaalllly didn't think that was possible.