Gaming Football Manager 2025 | Delayed til March 2025

Yeah. No dates on road map stuff Is clearly because they're still working on stuff and playing catch up.

I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it until Christmas/Jan transfer window.
At that point just release a data update for 24 for nothing and move onto 26 IMO

This is shambolic :lol:

Wait until they tell us just wait until how mind blowing FM26 will be

I've never really been a big fan of the player roles. I'd like it better if a combinations of sliders and instructions or something resulted in something approximating a role. It would be more transparent and flexible I think.

Their mistake was full price last time around. It was half-cooked with nothing new because they promised this one was a new start.

By doing that, they put extra pressure on to be ready this year.

Charging full price two years in a row for a) a basic copy of your last game b) an unfinished new game won’t work out well for them. People will be annoyed, and rightly so.

What annoys me about those screenshots is why have essentially three of the same thing?
:lol: It's also annoying as I think that they actually look quite nice, it looks clean and a good upgrade on those basic fronts, so to know that they're fecking it up is irritating.

:lol: It's also annoying as I think that they actually look quite nice, it looks clean and a good upgrade on those basic fronts, so to know that they're fecking it up is irritating.
I don't like that they removed the stats at the bottom by default and the size of the text.

What would the alternative be?

Absolute stats. Stats that represent real life abilities, just like how in the National League, someone with finishing 12 is one of the best in the league.

I know they're going for relative stats, but in the match engine, the stats don't discriminate. A top striker in the women's game will be identical in match engine performance to Erling Haaland.

I want to be able to play a save in the women's game with players that are operating at real-life current levels, so it makes for a better long-term save if you can try to close the gap between the men's game and the women's game.

Absolute stats. Stats that represent real life abilities, just like how in the National League, someone with finishing 12 is one of the best in the league.

I know they're going for relative stats, but in the match engine, the stats don't discriminate. A top striker in the women's game will be identical in match engine performance to Erling Haaland.

I want to be able to play a save in the women's game with players that are operating at real-life current levels, so it makes for a better long-term save if you can try to close the gap between the men's game and the women's game.
Look at the roadmap, all they want to do is big up women’s football. They’ve put it ahead of the interface and match engine in terms of importance for one reason or another :lol:

I can't believe they put Women's football top of the road map :lol:

Wonder how far down the Women's Pyramid they'll go, the Sutton United keeper's stats will be off the charts.

I can't believe they put Women's football top of the road map :lol:

Wonder how far down the Women's Pyramid they'll go, the Sutton United keeper's stats will be off the charts.

If they go down the pyramid far enough, my wife might be in the game :lol:

Isn't the introduction of Women's Football just an additional database, essentially?

It's identical to the men's leagues, just with a different database. And they obtained licensing obviously.

Nothing wrong with that, but it's hardly a 'feature' at this stage, is it? Frankly, outside of licensing, I'm surprised it took until 2024 for it to be implemented.

There is so much dead/wasted space on those screenshots. Concerning after a complete redesign.

Personally I would prefer more tabs and less busy screen.
One thing I’m really wanting to know is it looks like the player profile is a pop up box. Will we have to close that to go into a new screen? I would despise that personally.

I like being able to go from any section to any section pretty much in the current iteration. I use the F keys a lot too.

Always baffles me when a logo is that shit. Like who did you check this with?

Inspired by 1970s Leeds? They have it on their away kit this season too.

Z2OEYFG.png

I've never really been a big fan of the player roles. I'd like it better if a combinations of sliders and instructions or something resulted in something approximating a role. It would be more transparent and flexible I think.
They had to remove sliders cause people were wrecking the match engine when the had such flexibility. The days of sliders, farrows and sarrows were the golden age of cm.

They had to remove sliders cause people were wrecking the match engine when the had such flexibility. The days of sliders, farrows and sarrows were the golden age of cm.
They need better developers then or give the ones they have more time. But that's not really surprising given that the same bugs are present year on year.

They need better developers then or give the ones they have more time. But that's not really surprising given that the same bugs are present year on year.
I think the issue is every game is breakable if the playerbase put enough time in to breaking it, you only have to watch speed runners of anything. The issue for FM is breaking the game was something players did just by seeking the best tactics, as a programmer myself I kind feel like balancing FM is a next to impossible task given all the permutations and possible set ups. There's no game that's ever gonna be balanced to the level FM needs to be.
I do think they made a mistake swapping the stuff they did for roles but it kinda makes sense along with letting them cover some flaws.

No one sets up a defensive by saying to their players, we gonna stand at exactly 17 outta 20 etc.. so I can understand the realism reason for why they removed them too. A manager is more likely to tell a winger stay on the touchline, stay wide etc.. as opposed to setting his width to x out of 20.

The issue for me is in patching those huge exploits and changing to roles, they removed a lot of the fun.

I think the issue is every game is breakable if the playerbase put enough time in to breaking it, you only have to watch speed runners of anything. The issue for FM is breaking the game was something players did just by seeking the best tactics, as a programmer myself I kind feel like balancing FM is a next to impossible task given all the permutations and possible set ups. There's no game that's ever gonna be balanced to the level FM needs to be.
I do think they made a mistake swapping the stuff they did for roles but it kinda makes sense along with letting them cover some flaws.

No one sets up a defensive by saying to their players, we gonna stand at exactly 17 outta 20 etc.. so I can understand the realism reason for why they removed them too. A manager is more likely to tell a winger stay on the touchline, stay wide etc.. as opposed to setting his width to x out of 20.

The issue for me is in patching those huge exploits and changing to roles, they removed a lot of the fun.
For sure it's very difficult. But I do feel that with reasonable boundary conditions on the various parts of the simulation it should be possible to make it very difficult to break the game as well.

In real life coaches do set up their defense by saying we'll start pressing from around this position relative to the halfway line and we'll stay within the width of the penalty boxes. Sliders are simply an abstraction of that. Then you let players' attributes like positioning, discipline and concentration decide how good they are at adhering to those instructions. That gives you something that looks like a two dimensional probability distribution for the players position around the ideal position. That should then further be shifted by opponents who are close by etc.

For me the roles have always been too opaque.

I’m really interested to see how they balance a crucial factor like reputation between the men’s and women’s game.

To my understanding reputation dictates a lot of stuff in the game and it would be super unrealistic to just have a sharef reputation scale as you’ll start getting top mens managers moving over to women’s teams/leagues with high reputation. That’s cool and all but it’s just totally unrealistic and would ruin the game IMO.

Don’t think there’s any way they will decide to set the woman’s league as VNL level or equivalent. Think they will not want to offend and veer too much into being PC.