Film Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 7)

So many votes for Alien, which was gonna be my number 1 or 2 in the sci-fi category.

How the hell do I get it down to just 5, when there is all this, Halloween VVitch, Hereditary, Misery, The Silence of the Lambs , Jaws, An American Werewolf in London, The Fog, Hellraiser 1and 2, Insidious, IT (original), Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien 1 and 2, the Oman 1 and 2 (original), Salams Lot, Saw, Se7en, Christine , Physio, Orphan, The Hitcher (original)
Some interesting choices in there. You scared of The Middle East and medical professionals?

Anywho;
  1. Alien
  2. Halloween
  3. Omen
  4. The orphanage
  5. Scream

Alien
Scream
Near Dark
Jaws
The VVitch

Dont consider myself a horror fan, but this was tough, left out some favourites, so honourable mentions to Get Out, Hellraiser (both, the recent release was solid), Dawn of the Dead, Ravenous, could go on and on

My Sci-Fi is going to be another tough one, like horror so many to pick from.
It's the opposite for me. I can barely think of 5 sci-fi that I like. In fact, 4 of the 5 in that category for me are horror movies in a sense :lol:

It's the opposite for me. I can barely think of 5 sci-fi that I like. In fact, 4 of the 5 in that category for me are horror movies in a sense :lol:
There is lots of Sci-Fi that also could be horror.
Star Wars, Jurassic Park , Back to the Future all come under Sci-Fi for me
Then there is the Abyss, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes Total Recall, They Live ( best fight scene in any film) The fly , Escape from New York and quite a few more

1. The Silence of the Lambs
2. Jaws
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street
4. The Blair Witch Project
5. Michael Jacksons Thriller

So many votes for Alien, which was gonna be my number 1 or 2 in the sci-fi category.
That sort of stuff was inevitable. Let's say you'd have put sci-fi before action, there's a good chance Terminator 2 would've made it and we'd have an extra action movie make the list as a result.

Alien will qualify from this round (looks certain) so that frees up a spot for sci-fi, which is another stacked genre for me. I can live with that!

We dont have to worry about some garbage star wars film sneaking in with sci fi do we? There's too many amazing films in the genre for that.
I predict Empire Strikes Back to get in, but probably none of the rest. But you never know on here.

We dont have to worry about some garbage star wars film sneaking in with sci fi do we? There's too many amazing films in the genre for that.

My money is on about three Star Wars films and maybe some Nolan bullshit with time travel and loud music.

I predict Empire Strikes Back to get in, but probably none of the rest. But you never know on here.
I’d predict A New Hope just slipping in at #5 without Alien and T2 that will already be in to consolidate around and the Blade Runners splitting votes.

Something like this or some such
  • The Matrix
  • SW: Empire Strikes Back
  • Interstellar
  • SW: A New Hope

Last edited:
Horrors are not exactly my cup of tea but lets try:

1. The Fly
2. The Shinning
3. Dead Ringers
4. The Brood
5. Sleep Tight

A horror film where the murderer kills people by repeatedly kicking them in the shin. Brutal way to go!
Indeed. Can you imagine the mayhem? Bloody limbs all over the place (Neymar would be the first victim).

Garbage?

Presume you mean all the money grabbing shite they made after the first three… and not the first three? (well two)
take the first 3 out of it and TBH garbage is not far from the mark.
They were as you say , just made for the money.
Empire Strikes Back is the best, New Hope and Return of the Jedi are both very good.

The Shining
Fright Night (1985)
Sinister
An American Werewolf in London
Nightmare on Elm Street

take the first 3 out of it and TBH garbage is not far from the mark.
They were as you say , just made for the money.
Empire Strikes Back is the best, New Hope and Return of the Jedi are both very good.

Notwithstanding the latest trilogy being a replot of ANH, Emprire and RotJ, I thought they were OK some ropey casting and people floating through space aside. The prequel trilogy are garbage for sure.

My money is on about three Star Wars films and maybe some Nolan bullshit with time travel and loud music.
Interstellar is going to win the next category. Would bet on it.