Film Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 7)

The Exorcist
Alien
The Ring
Night of the Living Dead
Race With the Devil

The Vampires in Salems Lot used to scare the shit out of me when I was a kid.

That film gets nowhere near any top 5 lists or owt but it’s still quite a good, creepy film with some good scares here and there.

giphy.gif

Yes! I almost put it in my list but recall much of it felt dated now but those hovering vampires outside the window...hypnotic and very spooky.

I stand corrected then :D
I have watched Night and Dawn numerous times and Day once a long time ago so that seems plausible.
Tbh your talking to someone who thinks
Melancholia is a film about optimism. Films with happy endings are awful imo. Day Of Dead is right up my street.

Checked Land of the dead but it was awful imho.
Yeah I’ve only watched it once as well but agree with you, just a load of rubbish.
I have nothing against some silly horror though. I love the „Warhole“ depictions of Dracula and Frankenstein.
Oh never checked these out. Will have to give them a watch.

Also didn’t make my top 5 but shout out to the film Dog Soldiers. Might be the best werewolf horror film(It’s basically aliens but with giant wolf men).

Also didn’t make my top 5 but shout out to the film Dog Soldiers. Might be the best werewolf horror film(It’s basically aliens but with giant wolf men).
Forgot about that. That was a good movie except for the cinematography. It’s just seemed blurry or low budget.

Forgot about that. That was a good movie except for the cinematography. It’s just seemed blurry or low budget.
Agree. Google says it costed around 2 million, which I’m not sure what that really means. Also I’ve heard that most of the dvd and blu ray releases of the film look terrible.

There’s a new 4K release of the film out there which apparently improves on the overall look of the film.

It reminds of 28 Days Later, another great film that looks like shit.

Agree. Google says it costed around 2 million, which I’m not sure what that really means. Also I’ve heard that most of the dvd and blu ray releases of the film look terrible.

There’s a new 4K release of the film out there which apparently improves on the overall look of the film.

It reminds of 28 Days Later, another great film that looks like shit.

Dog Soldiers looks good in 4K, but I don't have an earlier copy to reference side by side. 28DL will never look good in 4K, apart from the final scene. The film was shot on some crappy digital camera at 480p; the data simply isn't there to get a better quality release in the future that would look better on modern displays.

It might be … it’s a great little film but for werewolf films, I’d still have to land on the side of American Werewolf in London.

One of the most iconic movies of my childhood. It still holds up very well today with the tension cranking before his eventual transformation. In fact, I’m due a rewatch of this.

Dog Soldiers looks good in 4K, but I don't have an earlier copy to reference side by side. 28DL will never look good in 4K, apart from the final scene. The film was shot on some crappy digital camera at 480p; the data simply isn't there to get a better quality release in the future that would look better on modern displays.
Ah cheers, didn’t know any of this.
It might be … it’s a great little film but for werewolf films, I’d still have to land on the side of American Werewolf in London.

One of the most iconic movies of my childhood. It still holds up very well today with the tension cranking before his eventual transformation. In fact, I’m due a rewatch of this.
Oh totally forgot about that one. Pretty sure that was the first film I saw that had a sex scene in it. Which I’m sure did some damage to my brain.

:nervous:

Oh totally forgot about that one. Pretty sure that was the first film I saw that had a sex scene in it. Which I’m sure did some damage to my brain.
Haha, probably not the best way to develop sexually. Mixture of horror, sex and werewolves would do the trick for most folk I reckon, no way back from that one. Missionary with the lights off wouldn't quite cut it going forward.

Haha, probably not the best way to develop sexually. Mixture of horror, sex and werewolves would do the trick for most folk I reckon, no way back from that one. Missionary with the lights off wouldn't quite cut it going forward.
Say no more, 'One eyed monster' featuring Ron Jeremy is the movie for you

I'd agree although I really like Ginger Snaps and think The Howling is decent.

1. Eraserhead
2. Shining
3. Nosferatu (1922)
4. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
5. Faust - Eine Deutsche Volkssage

It's time for German Expressionism to shine.

1. The Devils
2. Hostel
3. Invasion of The Bodysnatchers (1978)
4. The Thing (1982)
5. Paranormal Activity