Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said few days ago I'd be all over this deal. It'll have the side effect of making PSG worried we're calling off the Ugarte deal. We can then decide our next move(s). Should try selling Shaw while he's still in his 20s IMHO.

Transfermarkt seems to think he's the new John O'Shea. Other than left back, anyone got any serious opinions on which of these he actually plays competently?

Image1.png

Like I said few days ago I'd be all over this deal. It'll have the side effect of making PSG worried we're calling off the Ugarte deal. We can then decide our next move(s). Should try selling Shaw while he's still in his 20s IMHO.
We should sell Shaw. I think there would be interested clubs such as Newcastle perhaps? He's a good player, but not great, and he's simply too injury prone to be considered part of a starting XI.

Transfermarkt seems to think he's the new John O'Shea. Other than left back, anyone got any serious opinions on which of these he actually plays competently?

Image1.png

He definitely plays well at RB as well as LB. The Turkish lad painting my restaurant at the moment says he’s a quality winger on both sides as well. He hasn’t seen much of him in the midfield.

He definitely plays well at RB as well as LB. The Turkish lad painting my restaurant at the moment says he’s a quality winger on both sides as well. He hasn’t seen much of him in the midfield.
Another option at LW would be handy.

Such a good player we should have gotten instead of Brighton. In addition to LB he would be able to provide backup for so many positions. And given the many injuries Shaw faces and will continue to face it would not have been bad with below defending options

RB: Dalot, Mazz, (Ferdi)
RBC: De Ligt, Yoro, Evans
LBC: Martinez, Maguire, (Shaw)
LB: Shaw, Ferdi, (Mazz)

I'm not really sure I believe this, seems like a done deal to Brighton at this point. I'm sure we were keeping tabs, but doubt it's beyond that.

I'm sure he's good at LB but when we eventually replace Shaw I would much rather it was with a naturally left footed LB.

Doesnt Brighton already have Barco who plays on the left and has been their set piece taker pre-season ?

Another option at LW would be handy.
If he isn't starting, he could be useful to bring on from the bench when we want to close off a game in the last 10 - 15mins. Far too often we get exposed down that channel because of Rashford having a walkabout. Garnacho isn't defensively sound either.

Image1.png
He’s an eclectic player who is comfortable throughout the pitch. That graph is correct in that he can pseudo pick up wherever and play on from there. His versatility is quite ridiculous. A proper throwback Dutchie in that sense.

You’d wonder why we’re not in for his versatility alone. He mightn’t end up a fullback as he could easily be a midfielder.

I'm not really sure I believe this, seems like a done deal to Brighton at this point. I'm sure we were keeping tabs, but doubt it's beyond that.

I'm sure he's good at LB but when we eventually replace Shaw I would much rather it was with a naturally left footed LB.

Thought he was left footed

The beauty is that he’s versatile and we have Amass coming through.

He’s an eclectic player who is comfortable throughout the pitch. That graph is correct in that he can pseudo pick up wherever and play on from there. His versatility is quite ridiculous. A proper throwback Dutchie in that sense.

You’d wonder why we’re not in for his versatility alone. He mightn’t end up a fullback as he could easily be a midfielder.

Yeah wish we could do a Zirkzee with this

Would be an exciting signing, but not sure there's room for a 20-30 million full-back in the squad anymore, after signing Mazraoui. I get it that there are concerns around everyone in the squad who's capable of playing left-back, maybe apart from Dalot, but this isn't how you build a squad IMO. If we want another player there it should be a free or very cheap acquisition like Reguilón.

Shaw is injured, sure. It's not the only injury he'll sustain this season, sure. But he will play when healthy. Martínez can play LB. Dalot can play LB. Mazraoui can play LB. Malacia should come back in a few weeks/months' time. And then you need to keep Amass in mind, you definitely don't want to block his pathway to being first choice.

Shaw/Malacia/Martínez/Dalot/Mazraoui/Amass is enough. If we want to add one more, it has to be someone who makes sense from a financial point of view.

We should sell Shaw. I think there would be interested clubs such as Newcastle perhaps? He's a good player, but not great, and he's simply too injury prone to be considered part of a starting XI.

It’s this kind of reasoning that saw us let Evans and Smalling go for peanuts and replace them with a carousel of hipster approved clowns at CB, who were worse than the players they were replacing.

I get that Shaws injured a lot, that’s incontrovertible, but he’s not a “good player”, he’s one of the best left backs in Europe when he’s fit.

The dwindling amount of time he’s fit is the justification for selling him, there’s no need to shit on on another of our players in favour of the latest hype job, based on two or three games in the Euros.

Would be an exciting signing, but not sure there's room for a 20-30 million full-back in the squad anymore, after signing Mazraoui. I get it that there are concerns around everyone in the squad who's capable of playing left-back, maybe apart from Dalot, but this isn't how you build a squad IMO. If we want another player there it should be a free or very cheap acquisition like Reguilón.

Shaw is injured, sure. It's not the only injury he'll sustain this season, sure. But he will play when healthy. Martínez can play LB. Dalot can play LB. Mazraoui can play LB. Malacia should come back in a few weeks/months' time. And then you need to keep Amass in mind, you definitely don't want to block his pathway to being first choice.

Shaw/Malacia/Martínez/Dalot/Mazraoui/Amass is enough. If we want to add one more, it has to be someone who makes sense from a financial point of view.
The management team at United will decide if they can work it into the budget.

Wow - are we planning to play 3-5-2?

Would love him here. We do need cover for Shaw.

But we need to prioritize a mid fielder first.

Hope this isnt just random rumours getting Brighton to speed up or agree the finer details too.

We do have Mctominay and Lindelof that Fener / Jose seem to be interested in so could offer some leverage

Malacia can't be counted until he's back playing. Even then, I'll reserve judgment until he plays 10 games to see what level he can get back to.

Amass is 17. It'll be a slow integration over the next 3/4 years.

Why is everyone getting excited ? It’s Brighton that are close to signing him isn’t it?

Why is everyone getting excited ? It’s Brighton that are close to signing him isn’t it?
Some rumours about us trying to hijack the deal. Not sure how credible they are. It’s sportwitness

The management team at United will decide if they can work it into the budget.

Obviously. I'm just sharing my opinion like everyone else.

Malacia can't be counted until he's back playing. Even then, I'll reserve judgment until he plays 10 games to see what level he can get back to.

Amass is 17. It'll be a slow integration over the next 3/4 years.

I wouldn't mind that, but I'm not sure that's gonna be the case. Mainoo and Garnacho weren't much older than Amass when they broke into the team. We've also apparently offered the 3rd choice striker role to a 16 year Chido Obi. I don't think it's impossible that Amass will be first choice in the 2025/26 season already. I'm not saying it will happen or that it's the best idea for the player, but I don't think it's impossible either.

Might be a little.late at this stage I fear. Also if spending on a left back not sure how much money that leaves for midfield considering we havent managed to sell any of the usual choices.

It’s this kind of reasoning that saw us let Evans and Smalling go for peanuts and replace them with a carousel of hipster approved clowns at CB, who were worse than the players they were replacing.

I get that Shaws injured a lot, that’s incontrovertible, but he’s not a “good player”, he’s one of the best left backs in Europe when he’s fit.

The dwindling amount of time he’s fit is the justification for selling him, there’s no need to shit on on another of our players in favour of the latest hype job, based on two or three games in the Euros.

It’s the same hipsters that had you believe Darmian was the best RB in world football at the time. Pay them no mind.

I don’t get why so many people are getting giddy over a player nobody knew 12 months ago who’s a utility player, playing left back with his weaker foot. Add £35-40m on top of that too. It’s an awful risk which I’m pretty sure the rumours aren’t true.

What are you on about? I am not sh'ting on him. He's a good player, but he's simply not one of the best LBs in Europe as he cannot stay fit. Even when fit, he's only had one season where he has been at that level. Thus, he's a good player. After an injury, which happens far too frequently, he often takes a while to get going, where he is far from one of the best lbs around. He has one of the best first touches in the team and he's a good enough passer, but overall he lacks too much to be one of the best. The best fullbacks are quicker than him, a greater engine and contributes more both in attack and defensively one on one and positionally.

So not downplaying his quality, but the quantity of that quality is the real issue. If he was fit, he would be a very solid, if not world class, fullback. If he could stay fit for his career, he would arguably be one of the best around, but because of his injuries, he never plays consecutively long enough to build that consistency to be considered in that class. Potentially, most likely, in reality not, and you cannot build a team around players that you cannot rely on.

It’s the same hipsters that had you believe Darmian was the best RB in world football at the time. Pay them no mind.

I don’t get why so many people are getting giddy over a player nobody knew 12 months ago who’s a utility player, playing left back with his weaker foot. Add £35-40m on top of that too. It’s an awful risk which I’m pretty sure the rumours aren’t true.

I never said I wanted this or that player, but I do maintain that Shaw should be replaced by someone with a higher quality and less injury prone. No idea if this guy is the right candidate for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.