Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t this Kadioglu bloke play RB as well? Maybe I’m going crazy but I thought he is also right footed or summin.
He can play basically everywhere. Fullback both sides, centre mid, wings.

well feck a duck....this is the lad we should have purchased this summer for our outside back position

So he’s cost them at least €35m? Not much of a discount from the €40m quoted a few weeks ago.

A good move for them, he looked really good in the Euros, but I’d rather we sign a midfielder if it’s a choice between the two positions

It’s mad Brighton always seem to get a free run at these sort of transfers.
Because they don’t overthink it. Good player + versatile+ undervalued = no brainer signing. All of their signings tend to “make sense” and there’s a reason they’ve gone from the championship to a yearly contender for European football in just a handful of years. Very well run club.

So he’s cost them at least €35m? Not much of a discount from the €40m quoted a few weeks ago.

A good move for them, he looked really good in the Euros, but I’d rather we sign a midfielder if it’s a choice between the two positions
Yeah, chances are we've taken Mazraoui as the economy option at about 15m to free up budget to get a midfielder in as well.

Don't want a right footed left back. Don't think it works well with Rashford/Garnacho.

The thing about fullbacks is that they most likely won’t cost an arm and a leg even if they’re top class. Let’s say this guy proves to be a decent success at Brighton and we want to sign him then, I wouldn’t imagine a much bigger number than what he costs today.

The thing about fullbacks is that they most likely won’t cost an arm and a leg even if they’re top class. Let’s say this guy proves to be a decent success at Brighton and we want to sign him then, I wouldn’t imagine a much bigger number than what he costs today.
If he signs for 35m and does well, then forget it we wont be able to sign him for anything less than 60m from Brighton.

At 35 m or so I reckon we were never in the running.

We need a CM desperately and if were to buy another defender there’s Hermoso for free.
Shouldn't be buying Mazraoui over this guy, would be my thinking. But yeah, we're pursuing multiple targets with a budget constraint, so he's probably out of our price range under those circumstances.

Shouldn't be buying Mazraoui over this guy, would be my thinking. But yeah, we're pursuing multiple targets with a budget constraint, so he's probably out of our price range under those circumstances.
We need cover for LB and RB that’s why we went for him. Our fullback positions are shambles thanks to Shaw. Can’t wait to see the back of him.

It's a risk. Ferdi Kadıoğlu never played on the highest level. Mazraoui played for Ajax and Bayern.

It's a risk. Ferdi Kadıoğlu never played on the highest level. Mazraoui played for Ajax and Bayern.
Well, they're both coming to the league now, so we'll get to see who does what. I'd also be all over a Brighton signing, because they rarely miss, or even go in for players who they don't expect to move on for profit.

He’ll be an excellent signing for Brighton. I would’ve loved it had we signed him but we’re having a good window anyway so I’m looking forward to seeing how well he does in the league.

He can play basically everywhere. Fullback both sides, centre mid, wings.

Can play both sides, as well as further forward as a midfielder or attacking piece. Super versatile player
Yeah that was what i recal reading on here. Can't say i knew much about him before the euros. So even if Estupi is fit, Brighton can play this lad RB or anywhere else, basically.

He’ll be an excellent signing for Brighton. I would’ve loved it had we signed him but we’re having a good window anyway so I’m looking forward to seeing how well he does in the league.

Same. He's joined Brighton. Not Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal or Newcastle.
So, let us just enjoy and let's see how he fares in the PL.

Denis Irwin says hello......not too mention this guy is more than capable using his left
How many years ago, different times and tactics? And he played with a left footed player in front of him in Giggs mainly right?

In current day football, unless the team has a specific tactical set-up it is far wiser to have at least one left footed player on the left side.

Don't think we're in the position to go for the 1% solutions. Just like Mount and Bruno by trying to copy City last season, it works for %1 but likely not for us.

How many years ago, different times and tactics? And he played with a left footed player in front of him in Giggs mainly right?

In current day football, unless the team has a specific tactical set-up it is far wiser to have at least one left footed player on the left side.

Don't think we're in the position to go for the 1% solutions. Just like Mount and Bruno by trying to copy City last season, it works for %1 but likely not for us.
yes giggsy played in front of him....no, it's probably not ideal to have a right footed player as a left back IF that player wasn't willing to use his left however that's not the case with Ferdi but i certainly get what you are saying....garnacho and rashford like the left as right footed guys so you need an overlapping FB who can use his left effectively

yes giggsy played in front of him....no, it's probably not ideal to have a right footed player as a left back IF that player wasn't willing to use his left however that's not the case with Ferdi but i certainly get what you are saying....garnacho and rashford like the left as right footed guys so you need an overlapping FB who can use his left effectively
Exactly, if not for Mazraoui I'd love him as a RB signing. But feel like we need a long term solution for our LB ASAP, it's the current weakest position I'd say.

Exactly, if not for Mazraoui I'd love him as a RB signing. But feel like we need a long term solution for our LB ASAP, it's the current weakest position I'd say.
makes you wonder...i mean besides them saying he can play on both sides....if Ten Hag was impressed enough with Amass to give him a chance to play in such matches this season

makes you wonder...i mean besides them saying he can play on both sides....if Ten Hag was impressed enough with Amass to give him a chance to play in such matches this season
He can play LB, just not his best position and he will always have that left foot handicap.

I am really impressed with Amass tenacity and ability on the ball. But he needs some time to iron out his aerial presence and some decision making/silly mistakes.

This guy is only two years younger than Mazraoui and the matter has much more impressive resume, is cheaper and positional and stylistically they are the same.

Ferdi is a gamble as no one really knew him before the euros and the jump from Turkish league to PL is huge. Also I really don’t like bringing guys solely on one international tournament, especially when they are twice as expensive.

Mazraoui has 50 games in CL, pretty good run at the WC in 22 but also has experience in two leagues now that are better than the super lig. His problem is injury history. If he manages to stay healthy that would be the key whether he’ll be a success or not.

Brighton also had their fair share of meh transfers. Montoya, Bernardo, Jahanbakhsh, Balogun, Andone, Locadia etc didn’t really put up and were brought in for good money at the time considering their budget.

We of course mostly rehash the successful ones but Brighton usually buy boatload of players, the difference is they can be patient with their development or shift it for a small loss.

If he signs for 35m and does well, then forget it we wont be able to sign him for anything less than 60m from Brighton.

Yeah him going there means they want around double what they have paid, so frustrating we couldn't afford him right now. Like others have said his versatility in so many positions would have been valuable.

He's very technical, great on the ball but also won't stop running, is all over the pitch. Think it will be an excellent signing for Brighton if he can adapt to the physicality of the league.

He's very technical, great on the ball but also won't stop running, is all over the pitch. Think it will be an excellent signing for Brighton if he can adapt to the physicality of the league.

So annoyed we couldn't pay the money for him

I said top class, not Marc fecking Cucurella.

Jokes aside, OK you gave a good example. I would say it’s an exception that proves the rule though (especially when the buying club is Chelsea with their tendency to way overspending recently). Anyway, the Ferdi ship seems to have sailed for now, we don’t even know if Utd was ever seriously interested or will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.