Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would bring a lot of value with his versatility. He can compete for the RB and LB spots. If we get an injury to either Dalot or Shaw, he can cover for either one. It also makes it easier to rotate the 2 fb spots as he can get plenty of playing time without upsetting any of the FBs, even if he's the starter.

We are not paying £30m for anyone that isn’t going to start. Especially someone from the Turkish league.

Have we not witnessed our penny pinching summer. Unless it’s Alfonso Davies we won’t be spending that money on fullbacks.

This is one of those where we are linked but never show any true interest but would be a quality signing.

Brighton have Barco as left back. Seems very promising. Bit odd to spend a fair bit on another LB

You all are so enthousiastic about the potential signing of Ferdi.. Wait until you all find out he is actually Dutch.. Ten Hag wont hear the end of it

We still need a defensive midfielder. No point in spending money on 2 fullbacks this summer when budget is already tight
Until we sell a midfielder, I think it's probably best to address the positions we have no cover for, before upgrading. Shaw is unlikely to be ready for a while, Malacia certainly isn't and we're about to sell our only other senior full back. I think it's a bigger problem than midfield, as dire as our midfield is.

Get this done. Would rather get Ferdi and Hermoso instead of the Bayern duo.

Can add the little money saved to the fund for a midfielder

Until we sell a midfielder, I think it's probably best to address the positions we have no cover for, before upgrading. Shaw is unlikely to be ready for a while, Malacia certainly isn't and we're about to sell our only other senior full back. I think it's a bigger problem than midfield, as dire as our midfield is.
Shaw isn't injured, he played the Euros final and then went on his holiday, now he's been back training since few days and might make the city game.

Malacia though is no where near ready.

At this rate, I am a bit offended "Manchester United representatives" have not reached out to me. They seem to be talking to everybody and anybody, whether it leads to anything or not.

Old regime: would negotiate with clubs and the player had no intention coming (#cough De Jong)

New regime: agrees terms with ton of players, signs almost nobody, blaming clubs for asking too much

How about: inquire about price and if it is not even in ballpark, dont bother agreeing terms with the player?

It's like having only 20K and complaining about Porsche dealership for not selling a brand new 911 for the price you wanted

Got old quickly after first couple times. Does not feel like the best in the class we supposedly brought in to handle transfers and sporting side

I agree but I think Ineos prefer Mazrouai because he's a cheaper option.
We need quality not quantity.

I don’t think we’re that interested this fellow anyway. The mazrouai links seem much more credible.

At this rate, I am a bit offended "Manchester United representatives" have not reached out to me. They seem to be talking to everybody and anybody, whether it leads to anything or not.

Old regime: would negotiate with clubs and the player had no intention coming (#cough De Jong)

New regime: agrees terms with ton of players, signs almost nobody, blaming clubs for asking too much

How about: inquire about price and if it is not even in ballpark, dont bother agreeing terms with the player?

It's like having only 20K and complaining about Porsche dealership for not selling a brand new 911 for the price you wanted

Got old quickly after first couple times. Does not feel like the best in the class we supposedly brought in to handle transfers and sporting side
You need to have patience, best form of negotiations is to keep the sellers in the dark. For years woodword has the sellers told that we would pay whatever it took to get the players and was taken as a mug. Now we are telling everyone we are broke which is the way to ho.

Don't see him as Dutch though

But he is haha.. Born in Arnhem, played 18 games for Holland -21 and broke through at NEC where he played 70 games in the Eredivisie before Cocu took him to Fenerbache..

Hardly see him play, so dont really have a grounded opinion on him currently, only that he really impressed at the Euros!

You need to have patience, best form of negotiations is to keep the sellers in the dark. For years woodword has the sellers told that we would pay whatever it took to get the players and was taken as a mug. Now we are telling everyone we are broke which is the way to ho.
Waiting until last minute and hoping price will drop is exactly what previous regime used to do and it never worked, unless you are loaning Amrabat. It won't work for this current lot as well. All you are on the last day is being desperate.

This only gets done if we can sell Lindelof and another player in my opinion.

Nice for depth looks promising but we need to sure up the midfield now

feck me

Such a Brighton signing :lol:, fair play to them. Didn't think Fener would sell him in Mourinho's first window.

Great player and won't surprise me if he becomes one of the better LB's in the Prem this season.

feck me

Such a Brighton signing :lol:, fair play to them. Didn't think Fener would sell him in Mourinho's first window.

Great player and won't surprise me if he becomes one of the better LB's in the Prem this season.

That's a pity after the Shaw news. Hope that means Fenerbahce can now swoop in for Lindelof (and maybe McT).

Great signing. Think we should have been in for him instead of a RB. If he keeps playing like he did at the EC, he will be one of the best left backs in the league quite quickly. I am a big fan.

That's a pity after the Shaw news. Hope that means Fenerbahce can now swoop in for Lindelof (and maybe McT).
Mourinho likes to get players from his former clubs and he's also the one who introduced McTominay into the team back in 2017 and signed Lindelof that same year so do think there's a good chance your wishes will come true, at least one of them.

Mourinho likes to get players from his former clubs and he's also the one who introduced McTominay into the team back in 2017 and signed Lindelof that same year so do think there's a good chance your wishes will come true, at least one of them.
Never got the impression Mourinho thought that much of Lindelof after we signed him (hope I'm wrong and he comes in!). He seemed to love McTominay though so if they could afford and they needed a player in that position I can imagine he'd be in for him.

feck me

Thought Estupinan was already one of the better left backs in the Prem?

Never got the impression Mourinho thought that much of Lindelof after we signed him (hope I'm wrong and he comes in!). He seemed to love McTominay though so if they could afford and they needed a player in that position I can imagine he'd be in for him.

Yeah didn't he get a special award from Jose or am I thinking of another player

Status
Not open for further replies.