Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw needs to be phased away

Contract not extended for sure, but he's not going to be sold this season or next so we either play when he's fit or we freeze him out since we're so pissed he picks up a new long-term injury every month.

Would be a very useful signing IMO. Very good across multiple positions at fullback and midfield. A risk? Maybe. Could be a bit of a John O'shea for us. Top teams need utility players.

Another one they’ll sell on for about £60m in a couple seasons time. Clubs should hire someone just to follow Brightons scouts around, not that this guy was that unknown after the Euros but they seem to unearth gem after gem.

Disappointed that we weren't in for him, but we had a lot of issues and you can't fix everything in one summer.

I'm just surprised Brighton seems to have had a free run at him. He had a tournament breakthrough similar to someone like Chivu back in the day. Or Lahm (though he obviously wasn't going anywhere). You'd think a few bigger clubs would be fighting for him.

Last edited:
€30m is excellent value. By Christmas we're all going to be looking at this deal asking why weren't we in for him?

€30m is excellent value. By Christmas we're all going to be looking at this deal asking why weren't we in for him?
Because we can't sign everyone and we can't sign players for every position of need in one window. Although people will continue to moan.

We've already found better value in Amass.
Would love for this to prove to be true

Can't make any declarations myself though seeing as he's yet to feature at the senior level yet, which is wholly understandable at 17 :lol:

Still, the club will likely need to find possibly 2 replacements for Malacia and Shaw relatively soon.

Shame we can’t make a move due to financial constraints. Looks excellent value.

Looked sensational at the Euros, Madrid or Man City good, what’s the catch
Not many scout the Turkish league i guess.

Is it his true level? Can he play like this in the PL? We will see. I also thought he looked like a top player at the Euros and wanted him here. Seems like a good and versatile player on both ends of the pitch

I love how previously unheard of players suddenly turned into players we should’ve absolutely bought the minute they sign for someone else

I love how previously unheard of players suddenly turned into players we should’ve absolutely bought the minute they sign for someone else
It’s funny how some posters on the cafe think just cause they haven’t heard of a player means the rest of the cafe will also have not heard or seen that player.

It’s funny how some posters on the cafe think just cause they haven’t heard of a player means the rest of the cafe will also have not heard or seen that player.
Maybe you have and good for you, but people moaning we missed on him when MOST have never heard of him before the rumours is quite funny. Unless majority of the Caf follows the Süperlig week in week out, in which case mea culpa

Same way Ugarte suddenly turned into one of the best DM’s in the world when absolutely no one talked about him in here.

The missed transfer target of this season that annoys me the most. I know that we don't have the money for him (thanks to Mount, Antony, Sancho, respectively Woodward, Murtough, etc. :mad:) He was available for a fair price, is such a quality player, and would have instantly improved us. 15m on Mazraoui made absolutely sense for our current situation, but I personally would have preferred Ferdi. And he even fits Ten Hag's transfer strategy very well (born in Netherlands, played in Eredivisie, press resistant, offensive FB). I can see him really excelling and we or some other top clubs might end up going for him, when Brighton asks for 60m+.

30mil for a 24yo from the Turkish league?
Brighton are normally pretty shrewd in the transfer market when it comes to low outlay and I thought their big purchase on Pedro last season was good business as well.
I will be surprised if this one works out.

The missed transfer target of this season that annoys me the most. I know that we don't have the money for him (thanks to Mount, Antony, Sancho, respectively Woodward, Murtough, etc. :mad:) He was available for a fair price, is such a quality player, and would have instantly improved us. 15m on Mazraoui made absolutely sense for our current situation, but I personally would have preferred Ferdi. And he even fits Ten Hag's transfer strategy very well (born in Netherlands, played in Eredivisie, press resistant, offensive FB). I can see him really excelling and we or some other top clubs might end up going for him, when Brighton asks for 60m+.
This, we are looking at making 5 signings and it's clear that compromises had to be made so that we spend most of our money on CB and DM positions and it's logical given what we saw last season. I think next summer we will be on the hunt for a starting LB and GK so that's when we will have a substantial budget for it all.

This guy best be Roberto Carlos mrk2 the way you guys are zesting over him.

He’s 24 being sold for £25m. If he was top quality he wouldn’t be on his way to Brighton. There’s not even much sell on value either. It’s not like someone is going to pay Brighton £50m for a 26 year old fullback.

Well maybe Chelsea…

This, we are looking at making 5 signings and it's clear that compromises had to be made so that we spend most of our money on CB and DM positions and it's logical given what we saw last season. I think next summer we will be on the hunt for a starting LB and GK so that's when we will have a substantial budget for it all.

Agreed. I think we've made a conscious, and correct decision to prioritise the RB position over the LB, given the number of existing players who play and could play at LB as needed. Sure, we lose out on this guy but the right call imo. Next season, when the situation around Malacia and Amass is clearer, we can move accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.