Federico Chiesa | Liverpool agree initial 13m (Euros) fee

Showed signs last season of getting back to the player he was previously and also looked like Italy's only real threat at the Euros, he'd be a good signing I think but of course this is Redcafe so obviously he's finished and/or shite.

Apparently he is gonna cost them like 15-20 mil. Wtf that's a good deal.

Their attack is so fecking stacked

Watch RedCafe change their mind about him being crap because Liverpool is in for him now.

Is Liverpool going to make a transfer of Sancho to Juventus happening for us by buying Chiesa from them?

Shouldn't we be in for Chiesa in a straight swap with Sancho?

His playstyle where he will sometimes pre-meditate what he's going to do, put his head down, and rely on straight-line pace alone to try to beat someone and take a shot, even if a glaringly open assist pass opens up is a drawback. Also his attitude - he is the type of player to throw his hands up when things don't go his way or when he loses the ball.

However, he is a very direct type of winger. He's not going to beat anyone with fancy footwork, but rather with a quick turn and a burst of pace.

After recovering from injury, he was notably slower. A year and half later, even though he's still fast, he still hasn't reach the levels of speed, turning, and strength that he had before. Which could be a big issue for him in a faster league as he relies a lot on his pace.

The past season, he wasn't available all the time, and a lot of his appearances were off the bench, subbed off, or ineffective. Notably, he was not making impacts in bigger games, he wasn't making big impacts as a late sub, and he wasn't really gelling with the rest of the team. Like having a player on the wing who just sort of did his own thing. He is slower than before, most notably in agility, but he's still one of the faster players on the pitch. But he's not at the level where he was beating 80% of the league with his pace.

Yes, he's still a decent player. Despite his decreases in performance, and all the negative feedback from fans, he's still a good player that would improve most top teams Serie A. The key thing here is that he's on the last year of his contract and is not agreeing to proposed extensions, rumor being because he wants a raise that he hasn't earned. So from Juve's perspective, it's either sell him now and get a small fee plus his wages off the books, or use him for one year and lose him on a free next year. That's why financially they want him gone. Also, Juve fans fans feel hard done by him, since he rehabbed for 2 years with no on-field impact, and is now demanding a raise.

If he signs for Liverpool, I hope he turns more of an Arthur Melo than a Mo Salah.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Lose your best manager in modern history. Lose out on your first choice manager and settle for another.
Turn down by fancy name targets.
Look decent in pre-season.
Start the season well too.
Panic and sign Fellaini on deadline day because we hadn't signed anyone else in a position we didn't really truly need.

I think he'll flop hard, which is sad to say in a way since he looked shite hot breaking through, but the guys crocked.

On the other hand he'll be playing for them lot, in which case I wish him nothing but failure in his footballing future.

Lose your best manager in modern history. Lose out on your first choice manager and settle for another.
Panic and sign Fellaini on deadline day because we hadn't signed anyone else in a position we didn't really truly need.
Excellent post. Looking forward to the implosion!

Apparently he is gonna cost them like 15-20 mil. Wtf that's a good deal.

Their attack is so fecking stacked
More like 12 million. That is not a panic buy for a backup winger. If it works out it’s gravy.

His playstyle where he will sometimes pre-meditate what he's going to do, put his head down, and rely on straight-line pace alone to try to beat someone and take a shot, even if a glaringly open assist pass opens up is a drawback. Also his attitude - he is the type of player to throw his hands up when things don't go his way or when he loses the ball.

However, he is a very direct type of winger. He's not going to beat anyone with fancy footwork, but rather with a quick turn and a burst of pace.

After recovering from injury, he was notably slower. A year and half later, even though he's still fast, he still hasn't reach the levels of speed, turning, and strength that he had before. Which could be a big issue for him in a faster league as he relies a lot on his pace.

The past season, he wasn't available all the time, and a lot of his appearances were off the bench, subbed off, or ineffective. Notably, he was not making impacts in bigger games, he wasn't making big impacts as a late sub, and he wasn't really gelling with the rest of the team. Like having a player on the wing who just sort of did his own thing. He is slower than before, most notably in agility, but he's still one of the faster players on the pitch. But he's not at the level where he was beating 80% of the league with his pace.

Yes, he's still a decent player. Despite his decreases in performance, and all the negative feedback from fans, he's still a good player that would improve most top teams Serie A. The key thing here is that he's on the last year of his contract and is not agreeing to proposed extensions, rumor being because he wants a raise that he hasn't earned. So from Juve's perspective, it's either sell him now and get a small fee plus his wages off the books, or use him for one year and lose him on a free next year. That's why financially they want him gone. Also, Juve fans fans feel hard done by him, since he rehabbed for 2 years with no on-field impact, and is now demanding a raise.

If he signs for Liverpool, I hope he turns more of an Arthur Melo than a Mo Salah.
Sounds like Rashford

Can't really go wrong with this one if it costs us less than what we sold Van den Berg for. Low risk, high reward move if it goes through.

Can't say I've watched him play after Euro 2020 when he was great imo, but if he gets anywhere close to that level he can provide a spark in the last quarter of our games I guess.

Can't really go wrong with this one if it costs us less than what we sold Van den Berg for. Low risk, high reward move if it goes through.

Can't say I've watched him play after Euro 2020 when he was great imo, but if he gets anywhere close to that level he can provide a spark in the last quarter of our games I guess.
I think you'll be disappointed.

I think you'll be disappointed.
The expectations are already very, very low though. Will only be disappointing if I can't get any gametime at all for us, in which case it's €15m down the drain. If he can get on the field it means he's on level with the likes of Elliott, Nunez, Gakpo so better than expected.

Hoping come Sunday we can hopefully also chuck in lose the third game of the season away at your biggest rivals!

Better at Liverpool for cheap than at Inter for free.
After the knee injury he wasn't the same player anymore. He spent 1year and half injured or just afraid to play.
A very sad ending considering he pushed out cause he wanted a wages increase that he didn't deserve giving what he has done.

This is a great move for any club considering the fee! who nowdays can buy a 27yrs old winger for 13-15m

Before all his injuries, would have loved us to sign him. Gave me Kanchelskis type vibes, who was one of my favorite players during that era :drool:

Can't really claim to have watched much of him/Juve, but injuries have seemingly ruined him. Also saw some of his appearance at the Euros and it was fairly 'meh'/ok. Seems to have lost that explosiveness which was a huge part of his game.

Not going to lie, for 13m euros, we should have taken a gamble.

Even if we get 20 games a season out of him, with his quality, it would have been worth it.

Thank you for thi spost. i haven't really watched him in the last two years but what you describe sounds like a worse version of Gnabry.

Even if we get 20 games a season out of him, with his quality, it would have been worth it.
Well last season was the first full season he played after the knee crack.
He didn't have a good season but still delivered 10goals and 3 assists.
But that was Serie A we gotta see if he adapt to EPL level

nah we need that money for bigger things
Keep it in the pot and build the war chest

€13m :lol:

Nobody goes for that sort of cash anymore, jammy bastards.

He seems to have had a bit of a Mount like decline but a really classy player on his day and will no doubt give them good strength in depth. It's not a player that will lift them too much.

I don't know why I still get annoyed that Liverpool's incoming transfers are always reported as an "initial [cheap] fee with add-ons" while ours get the full package and sometimes wages and signing bonuses thrown in for good measure.

For all we know, they could be committing €40m for the signing of a crock.

I don't know why I still get annoyed that Liverpool's incoming transfers are always reported as an "initial [cheap] fee with add-ons" while ours get the full package and sometimes wages and signing bonuses thrown in for good measure.

For all we know, they could be committing €40m for the signing of a crock.
Don't forget to change the € to £

13m euros is not a bad punt, if it works great if it doesn't it was punt, Liverpool might need him to provide cover for Salah and Diaz on the wings

Hopefully we are able to get all of that 13 million for a Sancho loan then.

He's been available all summer. If they were actually that keen on him then they would have at least put an offer in earlier in the window.

Decent cheap squad option, but I doubt he'll end up playing that much. Not sure he has the physicality to make much of an impact in the PL either.