Favourite United Player Who Wasn't That Good

Nope. Letting Mark Noble carry him off the pitch like a little boy is my lasting memory of him. Pathetic. Should have punched him. Or picked him up and threw him. But he just took it like a bitch

Alan Smith for me. Loved the signing. Loved the player. Loved his attitude. Don’t care where he came from
For all the shothousery Herrera was capable of he missed a massive trick with the Noble incident. He was down with an injured foot/ankle and Noble picked him, an injured player, up carried him off and dropped him off on his feet. He should have made a huge deal of that and had the physios over. It should be a red card offence really.

Nope. Letting Mark Noble carry him off the pitch like a little boy is my lasting memory of him. Pathetic. Should have punched him. Or picked him up and threw him. But he just took it like a bitch

Alan Smith for me. Loved the signing. Loved the player. Loved his attitude. Don’t care where he came from

Alan Smith is a great shout. Great character, average player.

Rafael, although he did enjoy a brief period where he was top class before the injuries took hold.

Forlan is a good shout, even though he had a very good career after United. He struggled while he was here, but his qualities were undeniable.

Barthez is also one for me. He wasn't great, but he was great fun, and would shock you sometimes with brilliant skills and saves.

Weghorst also underwhelmed, while still adding a lot of value to our team. We played some our best football when he was the target man up front. He made our attack free flowing, even though he couldn't score to save his life. His constant pressing and playmaking up front are things we have massively missed since he left. But alas, a striker is judged on his goals, which is fair due.

First of all, feck off

Jesper Olson could have been so good. After Coppell and Whiteside he was my favorite player back in the day.
Remi Moses was very gifted but ended his career too early because of injury. Probably unfair to say he wasn't that good.
Jordi Cruyff as mentioned, he was better than he got credit for and scored a couple of vital goals.
Ralph Milne, had a ton of promise.
Nikola Jovanovic, our first exotic signing.

First of all, feck off

Jesper Olson could have been so good. After Coppell and Whiteside he was my favorite player back in the day.
Remi Moses was very gifted but ended his career too early because of injury. Probably unfair to say he wasn't that good.
Jordi Cruyff as mentioned, he was better than he got credit for and scored a couple of vital goals.
Ralph Milne, had a ton of promise.
Nikola Jovanovic, our first exotic signing.
Jesper Olsen was a boyhood hero of mine, after Hughes, Whiteside and Robbo

Back to the question, Quinton Fortune for me. Loved his attitude

Diego Forlan.

He had such a great attitude, and was a little unlucky. Was so pleased he did score a few after his horrendous start and the media ridicule. And then he went and bossed La Liga, proving what a quality player he was.

As for my pick, I would probably go with Berbatov or Forlan and I mean it in the sense of them not being very good for us, because they were both ridiculously gifted players and probably the best on their teams both before and after United.
Berba wasn't good? The feck?

I went apeshit when he bagged the equaliser against the dippers, was elated to see him make a contribution. I guess it's that underdog thing someone mentioned.

It's partly his shithousery too. He's a cnut, but he's our cnut. Would love to see a renaissance next season, with him getting double figures for goals/assists. Although there's more chance of ETH sporting a mullet.

Easily Veron for me.

One of my favourite players in the world when we signed him. Can barely remember a signing I was more excited about. Oozed class whenever he played but just didn’t fit the system. I am still gutted about how that turned out. I’d give my left nut for him in the team now.

He’s on that list of absolutely brilliant players who were decent for us, whilst being intermittently brilliant, but never quite hit the heights they were supposed to; and whom would absolutely walk into our team now. Veron, Berbatov, and Forlán.

Anderson is another. Thought we’d signed a future balón d’or winner. Regardless of the disappointment, still loved him as a player.

Berbarov still produced the best assist I’ve ever seen in any form of football, while playing for us.

Smalling, Forlan, John O'Shea, Cavani, Pogba. Oh.. and lord Bailly.

Danny Wellbeck, Diego Forlan and to a lesser degree Anderson.

I was gutted when Forlan left.

Varela. Had talent but got skinned once by Coutinho I think it was and that was that.

I won't have Rafael as not that good. I loved that guy, he was basically what Dalot is now in SAF's final season. Van Gaal was a hard time for me having to watch the likes of Rafael, Welbeck, Nani, Evans leave.. I liked them all

Did like Herrera for getting Gerrard sent off. Or maybe that was just Gerrard, being Gerrard. He was so average though. Just a tidy midfielder who ran around a lot.

Like another poster earlier on also had a soft spot for Fred, on his day he was actually quite good but when he wasn't it just seemed funny rather than annoying :lol: even the inevitable matchly thundertwat into row Z.

I went apeshit when he bagged the equaliser against the dippers, was elated to see him make a contribution. I guess it's that underdog thing someone mentioned.

It's partly his shithousery too. He's a cnut, but he's our cnut. Would love to see a renaissance next season, with him getting double figures for goals/assists. Although there's more chance of ETH sporting a mullet.
Agreed, I hope he explodes next season!