Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Would be wise to keep Solanke then... but Solanke to Haaland was my plan this week

Can always sell and get him back. He hasn't risen that much.

They are great fixtures for Bournemouth though. Even play Burnley the week before so yeah ideally it would be helpful to keep him and bring in another at least.

Sorry, being stupid. You mean winners fixture is called off?

Only got one from each team… bar Villa, two

Not quite. This is a replay so the winner can still get knocked out and play in 29 if they lose to Leeds but the loser will definitely play in 29 as their respective opponents Arsenal (v Chelsea) and West Ham (v Villa) are already out.

Not quite. This is a replay so the winner can still get knocked out and play in 29 if they lose to Leeds but the loser will definitely play in 29 as their respective opponents Arsenal (v Chelsea) and West Ham (v Villa) are already out.
You’re being generous with “not quite”… I was wrong about what I was wrong about :)

I’ll keep taking it a week at a time….

Thank goodness there's no Friday fixture this week as I'm caught up in a long drive then track sesh. Would have had to be a mad gut pick.
But Sat buys more time.

This is good actually. Can see Chelsea losing to Leeds knowing how flaky they are. Might not need to FH in 29 after all.

Solanke > Darwin intensifying.

One of man United - Shu or forest - Luton will go in there. Hopefully it's the former and added with Newcastle palace

Nah Luton v Forest would be best (and the most likely still). Can add one of the attackers to Doughty for the double. Still would leave me with only 6 players if that was the only other game added so FH would be the call for me if only to get a load of Spurs players in and Toney.

For all intents and purposes I'm gonna ignore BGW29. Think it's counter productive to focus on a blank rather than attacking doubles. Got wildcard and FH in the pocket to navigate through that if needed.

Nah Luton v Forest would be best (and the most likely still). Can add one of the attackers to Doughty for the double. Still would leave me with only 6 players if that was the only other game added so FH would be the call for me if only to get a load of Spurs players in and Toney.
Yeah but I don't really wanna bank on Luton players, whereas Man United vs SHU is a banker fixture whether using FTs or FH

Yeah but I don't really wanna bank on Luton players, whereas Man United vs SHU is a banker fixture whether using FTs or FH

:lol: I wish it was

Carlton Morris has more FPL points than any United player and he hasn't even been starting lately.

And whilst we're on that subject @Dirty Schwein - who's your main man up front now? Morris or Adebayo?

Carlton Morris has more FPL points than any United player and he hasn't even been starting lately.

And whilst we're on that subject @Dirty Schwein - who's your main man up front now? Morris or Adebayo?
Wow :lol: Let's see, a lot of time for that to happen and maybe someone will be a good FPL option. As of now I only have Watkins and Toney as the strikers. So can go with the United striker as the third one.

Morris and Adebayo both start together. Morris on pens but Adebayo in the form of his life. Morris is more like a work-horse and happy to turn provider and track back whereas Adebayo generally runs into the box and stays forward.

Adebayo would be my pick from those two.

Morris and Adebayo both start together. Morris on pens but Adebayo in the form of his life. Morris is more like a work-horse and happy to turn provider and track back whereas Adebayo generally runs into the box and stays forward.

Lovely stuff. Ta

Takes me back to the golden generation of picking and choosing between two Watford strikers for an upcoming DGW...

People saying 'dead end in gw29'... can't see how I'll have more than 5 players available :lol:

King and Dennis :rolleyes:

Dennis got sent off first game and ended with -2 as captain I think. King did feck all and got +2 I think. Everyone on one of them or both. Crazy times :lol:

As bad as the time we were all on Shane Duffy
Yeah, but it was an incredible day of FPL. I captained Dennis :lol: I've kept that experience with me and tried to ensure not to go balls deep on shit teams when they double and maybe it's not right to do that. Because that week people who ignored these clowns and just captained the likes of KDB with single games and just shot up in rank.

Yeah, but it was an incredible day of FPL. I captained Dennis :lol: I've kept that experience with me and tried to ensure not to go balls deep on shit teams when they double and maybe it's not right to do that. Because that week people who ignored these clowns and just captained the likes of KDB with single games and just shot up in rank.

Yeah if you happen to have them in your team already thats fine and King/Dennis were legitimately good picks at the time, but I wont be reconstructing my team to bring in players from shit teams for doubles. Good players from good teams can easily outscore them in 1 game

Yeah if you happen to have them in your team already thats fine and King/Dennis were legitimately good picks at the time, but I wont be reconstructing my team to bring in players from shit teams for doubles. Good players from good teams can easily outscore them in 1 game
Exactly, I was happy to ignore the Burnley Luton double that happened early on, and this time out it will likely be Solanke if I feel like captaining him but others.. nah.

I'm actually planning on taking a hit this GW to bring in two Luton defenders...

Plans for the next 3 GWs

Team right now:

Kaminski (Will get him in for Pickford) (Dubravka)
TAA, Porro, Doughty (Will get him in for Estu) (Zinch, Burn)
Saka, Foden, Richarlison, Palmer (Garnacho)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Solanke.

Will have 3,8M ITB if I do those moves.

GW25:
Kaminski (Dub)
TAA, Doughty, Porro/Zinch/Burn
KDB (brought in for Saka), Foden, Richarlison, Garnacho (Palmer)
Haaland (TC), Toney (brought in for Solanke), Watkins

Will have 0,4M ITB with these moves.

GW26:
Dub (Kaminski)
Moreno (Brought in for TAA), Burn, Zinchenko (Porro, Doughty)
KDB, Foden, Garnacho, Bowen (Brought in for Palmer), (Richarlison)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Toney

1,3M ITB

This will secure 6 doublers in 25, 11 starters in 26 and at least 2 doublers in 28 and at least 10 starters for 29.
Sets me up to avoid using FH in 25, 26 and 29 independent of the FA cup round of 16 results.
Toney vs. Solanke between 25 - 29 is a big one. Only one Liverpool player (TAA) for 24/25 is tough.
Will probably lose a bit of ground to those who plan to FH in 29, but I think the upside of saving the FH for the blank/double in 34 is worth it.

Thoughts?

I'm actually planning on taking a hit this GW to bring in two Luton defenders...

Plans for the next 3 GWs

Team right now:

Kaminski (Will get him in for Pickford) (Dubravka)
TAA, Porro, Doughty (Will get him in for Estu) (Zinch, Burn)
Saka, Foden, Richarlison, Palmer (Garnacho)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Solanke.

Will have 3,8M ITB if I do those moves.

GW25:
Kaminski (Dub)
TAA, Doughty, Porro/Zinch/Burn
KDB (brought in for Saka), Foden, Richarlison, Garnacho (Palmer)
Haaland (TC), Toney (brought in for Solanke), Watkins

Will have 0,4M ITB with these moves.

GW26:
Dub (Kaminski)
Moreno (Brought in for TAA), Burn, Zinchenko (Porro, Doughty)
KDB, Foden, Garnacho, Bowen (Brought in for Palmer), (Richarlison)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Toney

1,3M ITB

This will secure 6 doublers in 25, 11 starters in 26 and at least 2 doublers in 28 and at least 10 starters for 29.
Sets me up to avoid using FH in 25, 26 and 29 independent of the FA cup round of 16 results.
Toney vs. Solanke between 25 - 29 is a big one. Only one Liverpool player (TAA) for 24/25 is tough.
Will probably lose a bit of ground to those who plan to FH in 29, but I think the upside of saving the FH for the blank/double in 34 is worth it.

Thoughts?
Not sure how good or bad these picks will be in 28 or 29 but probably needs a Liverpool attacker for their next three games.

Exactly, I was happy to ignore the Burnley Luton double that happened early on, and this time out it will likely be Solanke if I feel like captaining him but others.. nah.

"if you feel like captaining him" :lol:

Yeah right. Stop pretending to be a maverick.

Everyone will be captaining him in 28 if he's fit. Sheffield United and Luton at home is as good as it gets, especially with City playing Liverpool that week.

"if you feel like captaining him" :lol:

Yeah right. Stop pretending to be a maverick.

Everyone will be captaining him in 28 if he's fit. Sheffield United and Luton at home is as good as it gets, especially with City playing Liverpool that week.
I will decide it based on what his/BOU form is, what other players in my team are doing and what is the transfer cost of doing it, similar to deciding captaincy each week, with less emphasis on the fact that he is playing one extra match for Bournemouth. That's the difference for me in terms of considering a DGW for a good team vs a poor one.

Not sure how good or bad these picks will be in 28 or 29 but probably needs a Liverpool attacker for their next three games.
The problem with bringing in a Liverpool attacker now is that it will mean 2 extra transfers + I don't like bringing in players who blanks twice and play City in the next 4 after the double, at least not for an effective -8.
I think I'll just gamble it's not worth the -8. Besides I will have 4 attackers with doubles in 25 + Watkins, Richarlison and Garnacho dwho all have good fixtures. With Salah coming back, I don't think any of them will play 3x90 either.

PS! I've looked at every possible way to get Jota or Darwin in now and get to 29 in a way that doesn't mean FH. For me it doesn't look possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.