Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool v Burnley is the huge risk this week isn't it.

Darwin has burnt me before and is a big risk, so it's probably Jota or TAA isn't it.

Have 3.8m to add to this

Dubs
Gabriel Maguire Trippier (Estu Lascelles)
Saka Garnacho Palmer KDB (Luiz)
Haaland (c) Alvarez Watkins

Estu would go to TAA as would Luiz to Jota.

But then the latter would mean an arse of a benching scenario, probably Alvarez gets squeezed.

It almost feels like Alvarez direct to a Liverpool striker would be better, but we're back at Darwin and his issues.

OK biggest boys @Moby ,@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @Cutch @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Been away with work for 2 days...what's my best angle to get Liverpool in for their stomp fest v Burnley?

Any suggestions on who you might bench from:

Saka
Solanke
Palmer
Maddison
Foden
Watkins

Note that the league leader also has Saka, Palmer, Foden and Watkins currently..

Im leaning towards Solanke, Saka, Palmer or Watkins..?

Also need to chose 3 defenders from Burn, Brathwaith, Lascelles, Doughty and Mengi..

Help!

Do I dare do Alvarez to Darwin?
Skim read and saw some flu outbreak..gahh.
Anyone know when Salah is back?

Saka
Solanke
Palmer
Maddison
Foden
Watkins

Note that the league leader also has Saka, Palmer, Foden and Watkins currently..

Also need to chose 3 defenders from Burn, Brathwaith, Lascelles, Doughty and Mengi..

Help!
Tough call as they're all in form but personally I'd bench Watkins. Asides from thrashing Sheffield United, Villa haven't been too good recently. Plus I might be reading too much into our one game vs West Ham, but it looked like our defence and midfield were under instruction to be tight at the back and safer in possession after the carnage of our previous 3 games. So I fancy us to not get torn apart by Watkins.

The obvious 2 defenders to bench are Lascelles (not played in ages) and Branthwaite (City away). Doubling up on Luton defenders at home to Sheffield United could be a good differential this week as well.

Last edited:

Saka
Solanke
Palmer
Maddison
Foden
Watkins

Help!

Soblanke.

Tough call as they're all in form but personally I'd bench Watkins. Asides from thrashing Sheffield United, Villa haven't been too good recently. Plus I might be reading too much into our one game vs West Ham, but it looked like our defence and midfield were under instruction to be tight at the back and safer in possession after the carnage of our previous 3 games. So I fancy us to not get torn apart by Watkins.

The obvious 2 defenders to bench are Lascelles (not played in ages) and Branthwaite (City away). Doubling up on Luton defenders at home to Sheffield United could be a good differential this week as well.

Hmm I do agree with your assessment but I hate counting on Utd to do well, rationale being that if we get spanked then at least the fantasy team has benefited…

I also have a bit of a suspicion that Saka blanks this week and Arsenal lose…

Took out Solanke for now but may change before the deadline.

Christ that's tricky.

Think I'd do Watkins to Darwin
Next week Luiz to Jota (if you can't justify the -4 now as your starting 11 looks ok)
Following week Darwin back to Watkins

Decent bet.
Luiz can certainly go. Although a benchingnissue in the front 8 emerges.
Maguire starting again for United at least stops me walking the tightrope of only 3 playing defenders though.

Hmm I do agree with your assessment but I hate counting on Utd to do well, rationale being that if we get spanked then at least the fantasy team has benefited…

I also have a bit of a suspicion that Saka blanks this week and Arsenal lose…

Took out Solanke for now but may change before the deadline.
Solanke is up against a Fulham team who in their last 7 league games have had 1 win, 2 draws and 4 losses (including a loss in the reverse fixture where Solanke scored). I do get the logic of not counting on United though - maybe I have recency bias after Bowen blanked for me on Sunday.

Yep. I've learnt that if you've got a benching headache it's usually best to just roll. Not that I ever do mind.
Alvarez plays in the double next week, I would just hold.
I'm in this situation that I have Watkins and Alvarez and no Darwin. Do I take a hit for doing this move when Watkins has good fixtures and no blanks while Alvarez has a double, which would also mean taking another hit to take Darwin out in 26?

It's basically costing me 8 points to have him for next three games. So Darwin would need to outscore whoever I take out by at least 8 points. I'm thinking get the City news in the morning and then decide. If Alvarez gets benched then I likely pull the trigger. Thoughts?

I'm in this situation that I have Watkins and Alvarez and no Darwin. Do I take a hit for doing this move when Watkins has good fixtures and no blanks while Alvarez has a double, which would also mean taking another hit to take Darwin out in 26?

It's basically costing me 8 points to have him for next three games. So Darwin would need to outscore whoever I take out by at least 8 points. I'm thinking get the City news in the morning and then decide. If Alvarez gets benched then I likely pull the trigger. Thoughts?
City always leaks so that's a good shout. I just don't think Darwin will even get 8 points :lol:

Dubravka
TAA Porro Gabriel
KDB Foden Jota Palmer
Haaland (c) Watkins Solanke

Areola, Taylor, Gordon, Guehi

Transfer made (Bowen to Jota) but I have absolutely feck all on the bench with all flagged.

Is it worth a -4 as I'm not sure any moves will upgrade the starting 11 sufficiently to make it worthwhile? Triple City and double Liverpool currently for the double gameweek next week

Dubravka
TAA Porro Gabriel
KDB Foden Jota Palmer

Transfer made (Bowen to Jota) but I have absolutely feck all on the bench with all flagged.

Is it worth a -4 as I'm not sure any moves will upgrade the starting 11 sufficiently to make it worthwhile? Triple City and double Liverpool currently for the double gameweek next week
I wouldn't take the hit personally.

Dubravka
TAA Porro Gabriel
KDB Foden Jota Palmer

Can you do Dom to Darwin?

I wouldn't take the hit personally.

Thanks

Can you do Dom to Darwin?

No, only for Watkins. Could gamble that he would outscore Watkins by min 4 in next 2 gameweeks but then it's another -4 needed to remove him to field 11 in GW26. -8 then for Darwin fecking Nunez who stank the place out for weeks in my team earlier in the season so isn't in the good books as it is

Thanks

No, only for Watkins. Could gamble that he would outscore Watkins by min 4 in next 2 gameweeks but then it's another -4 needed to remove him to field 11 in GW26. -8 then for Darwin fecking Nunez who stank the place out for weeks in my team earlier in the season so isn't in the good books as it is
Exactly the same as me as I just remembered I don't have money to go from Jalv to Nunez. So it's Watkins to that donkey or just hold.

Don't have the money for TAA.... but Liverpool's defence a bit fecked to take a punt on any of them and I'm guessing Konate's their main partner to VVD anyway once back. No interest in Luton or Brentford players either, what is it with these influencers always chasing those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.