Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which chips can be used together, i.e. are BB and FH compatible in the same GW?

Solanke in 28. Big balls play :lol:
Yeah no way I am banking on Bournemouth for a triple captaincy. I think sometimes people get carried away with these lesser teams when they pick up a bit of form and forget they were garbage relegation fodder not long ago and aren't gonna change overnight. Bournemouth on their best day are a 14-15th finish in the league and on the usual day fighting for relegation. Their attack is nowhere near for a team that you can guarantee goals from and it wasn't really surprising they couldn't do much vs Forest and WHU in last couple of games. Kinda reminds of the Dennis thing, they had two great games but it was still shite Watford.

Now that Salah is out of the picture it is pretty much gonna be 250 EO Haaland, two home games. Would've been more fun if Salah was around and firing, him and Sonny are pretty much the only other guys I'd put the TC on.

What are we thinking triple captain wise? It feels like the weeks are whittling down and with four chips still to play it’s a question of when is best to use each one. FH in one of the doubles down the line, bench boost potentially the same but that then potential rules out using the TC on a double?

My closest rival in my main work league is 20 points clear and has all four left still. It feels like a matter of whoever uses the chips right at this stage will probably nick it.

Triple captain GW25
Free hit GW29
Wild Card before GW34
Bench boost GW37

Is the current thoughts. Last 3 could change but think TC needs to be gone in 25

Yeah no way I am banking on Bournemouth for a triple captaincy. I think sometimes people get carried away with these lesser teams when they pick up a bit of form and forget they were garbage relegation fodder not long ago and aren't gonna change overnight. Bournemouth on their best day are a 14-15th finish in the league and on the usual day fighting for relegation. Their attack is nowhere near for a team that you can guarantee goals from and it wasn't really surprising they couldn't do much vs Forest and WHU in last couple of games. Kinda reminds of the Dennis thing, they had two great games but it was still shite Watford.

Now that Salah is out of the picture it is pretty much gonna be 250 EO Haaland, two home games. Would've been more fun if Salah was around and firing, him and Sonny are pretty much the only other guys I'd put the TC on.

Is Salah definitely out though? If he's pictured back in training next week there will be some panic I think. I don't have any easy route to him.

Is Salah definitely out though? If he's pictured back in training next week there will be some panic I think. I don't have any easy route to him.
I'm done with my team for the double and there's absolutely no way I can get him. He's not seen anywhere yet and it's a muscle injury, I doubt he will suddenly get 90 mins in back to back games with a cup final after that. If he does and bangs, whatever. I'll be going without him, unless I play a FH which I surely wouldn't either.

The other reason also is that even for those who manage to fund him, you'd be keeping a 13m player on the bench as he blanks in 2 out of next 4 GWs, and then it's second WC time. He needed to be fully fit and possibly have minutes before the Burnley game for it to be worth it but now it's too late.

Don't think he's going to be in my thoughts any time soon with Richarlison nicking his striker position and 2.7m cheaper

Yep. He was playing out on the left before he went to Asia Cup so I guess Werner will miss out. No point moving Rich's position in this kind of form. Like I said he (Rich) is killing me every week and I'd love to get him in but will have to wait until 27 now.

Feel like one has to be used in 25. Could go BB or TC here in honesty but likely the latter. Most will go for Haaland I guess.
Haaland in 25.

My worry is Haaland only just returning. Will he play both? Biggest worry for me. The Salah injury has made it tougher, Liverpool never rest him in the league so a Salah DGW would have been a good crack for TC?

My worry is Haaland only just returning. Will he play both? Biggest worry for me. The Salah injury has made it tougher, Liverpool never rest him in the league so a Salah DGW would have been a good crack for TC?

I mean he played the best part of 90 mins yesterday in his first start back since injury. I'd be more worried about Liverpool players who have a cup final in the same week.

Is Jota going to keep his place when Salah is back? I wanted to buy him too but worried for minutes

There's a question mark on Jota, Diaz and Nunez once Salah is back as its two from three to fill the other two attacking voids.

My thinking is Salah gets nursed back and worst case would be to bring him back on the WC..

Yep. He was playing out on the left before he went to Asia Cup so I guess Werner will miss out. No point moving Rich's position in this kind of form. Like I said he (Rich) is killing me every week and I'd love to get him in but will have to wait until 27 now.
Poor Werner :(

Just because he’s sh!t at football and couldn’t hit a barn door with an Uzi, he’s dropped as soon as a decent player comes along?

Two GWs I waited for SK to lose to a decent side and after finally cracking and selling Son, they lose to Jordan.

2024 FPL has been proper cursed.

Villa v Chelsea should be a big one for GW29 implications tonight.

Arsenal v Chelsea or West Ham v Villa to be confirmed as on. I've got 3 players from each fixture.

Arsenal v Chelsea or West Ham v Villa to be confirmed as on. I've got 3 players from each fixture.
Really need Chelsea to not blank here. I have Raya, Saka, Saliba & Palmer. I can easily transfer out Twatkins for Toney.

I am covered for Liverpool double with TAA, Jota and Darwin, though need to get rid of one of them + Palmer/Porro before the very next gameweek due to blanks. Maneuvering around the next 5-6 weeks is going to be so crucial for minileague standings.

Really need Chelsea to not blank here. I have Raya, Saka, Saliba & Palmer. I can easily transfer out Twatkins for Toney.

Yeah I think I'd prefer that as well. Villa can still go out to Leeds as well for their fixture v West Ham to go ahead in 29. The fixtures don't look great for cup upsets in all honesty. Your lot probably lose to City which would put Luton v Forest in there as well.

Very real chance these will be the only fixtures in 29...

Arsenal v Chelsea
Burnley v Brentford
Fulham v Spurs
Luton v Forest

I prefer Villa and West Ham to play, mainly because we have a WHU keeper. If not then no one will have a keeper that GW. :lol:

The fixtures don't look great for cup upsets in all honesty.
Let's see, it was the same last year then Spurs got knocked out randomly and everyone ended up playing WCs. That's why I am okay not to be too massively predicting the GW29. Newcastle - Palace might happen as well. Newcastle have been a joke in some games and conceded 4 vs a team like Luton. Man United could also get KO'd and that's a tasty game vs SHU.

I prefer Villa and West Ham to play, mainly because we have a WHU keeper. If not then no one will have a keeper that GW. :lol:

Bring in Flekken for the double in 25 (might get a fair few save points v Liverpool and City) and the 29 blank.

For those wanting a risk Kaminski might have a double double (25/28) plus a game in 29.

Last edited:
So Citeh and us have a double game week the same week and Haaland is just back from a long term injury and likely won't start both and Salah is likely but not certainly back, and might not start both even if he plays.

I suppose I'll hold off on the triple captain until someone like Toney plays twice?

What a pain in the arse trying to figure this one out.

Edit: Fux ache, just realised he's got a dgw. I should have bought him without the -4

Missed the deadline for the midweek games last week and I gave up at the weekend, didn't even bother.

Now I've got my appetite back and don't know what to do!

2 free transfers, 9.2m in the bank (kept Haaland throughout his injury), all this double GW talk, players returning from tournaments. Will have to spend some serious time on this.

Whoops, I've managed not to pick this up until now.

But what a question!

I'm a big Garnacho fan and he looks well in form and ready to keep pointing. But Richarlison looks to be doing the same.
Trippier has made a decent resurgence though as well.

This has classic 50-50 pot luck to be honest. But I don't think you can go wrong with Garnacho as a 4.8m facilitator either way.

Liverpool v Burnley is the huge risk this week isn't it.

Darwin has burnt me before and is a big risk, so it's probably Jota or TAA isn't it.

Have 3.8m to add to this

Dubs
Gabriel Maguire Trippier (Estu Lascelles)
Saka Garnacho Palmer KDB (Luiz)
Haaland (c) Alvarez Watkins

Estu would go to TAA as would Luiz to Jota.

But then the latter would mean an arse of a benching scenario, probably Alvarez gets squeezed.

It almost feels like Alvarez direct to a Liverpool striker would be better, but we're back at Darwin and his issues.

Are people doing triple or double Pool/City for the DGW? Don't really believe in any Pool players except Jota at the moment, assuming Salah is not fit enough.

For City Haaland, KDB and Foden or Alvarez I guess.

Are people doing triple or double Pool/City for the DGW? Don't really believe in any Pool players except Jota at the moment, assuming Salah is not fit enough.

Yeah it's tricky. Been looking at it lots and I think the optimum for me is 3 City, 2 Liverpool and Doughty which requires no hits into 25 and only 1 hit in 26 to get 11 out (which seems reasonable).

Triple City is a no brainer as they don't blank. Already own Foden and Haaland. Will probably do Porro > Gvardiol for my 3rd.

Own Jota and will probably do Bowen > Diaz or Solanke > Darwin this week. Again this is tricky because there's a good chance Solanke will have a great double in 28 but I do prefer Darwin to Diaz as an FPL asset.

Have had triple city for a couple of weeks now. Will add one, maybe two Liverpool players as have two FTs.

Question is which? They also have League Cup final soon after and Klopp may rotate

Whoops, I've managed not to pick this up until now.

But what a question!

I'm a big Garnacho fan and he looks well in form and ready to keep pointing. But Richarlison looks to be doing the same.
Trippier has made a decent resurgence though as well.

This has classic 50-50 pot luck to be honest. But I don't think you can go wrong with Garnacho as a 4.8m facilitator either way.
It's a tough one, but Richarlison playing in 29 means we will need him back for sure, so kept him for now. Trippier plays in 26 when Rich blanks, but they play Arsenal and wouldn't be of much use and at this point I don't really trust Newcastle to clean vs any team. He won't score in every game.

Actually the way for me to do it with no hits is Darwin in this week, Gvardiol the week after and then Cunha in for Darwin in 26. Means keeping hold of Bowen to play 3-4-3 in 25 and benching Palmer, and 2 of Gabriel/Trippier/Estu or Porro which is a little scary but whatever. Can bring Solanke back in 27 if the double is on as they play Burnley.

Last edited:
Actually the way for me to do it with no hits is Darwin in this week, Gvardiol the week after and then Cunha in for Darwin in 26. Means keeping hold of Bowen to play 3-4-3 in 25 and benching Palmer, and 2 of Gabriel/Trippier/Estu or Porro which is a little scary but whatever. Can bring Solanke back in 27 if the double is on as they play Burnley.
Any specific reason you want to hold on to Bowen?

Any specific reason you want to hold on to Bowen?

I'm not especially fussed on him either way but he has some decent fixtures after this week and importantly plays in 26. It's a question of removing him or Solanke for another Liverpool attacker and like I said I prefer Darwin to Diaz in that respect despite all his flaws. I'd also rather have Cunha and Bowen in 26 over Solanke and Neto.

Status
Not open for further replies.