Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solanke is ok I think despite the blank. Bowen will go soon though but not this week as I want two transfers for the double.
Like I said before I'll be replacing him with Haaland and he's playing Man City and Newcastle soon so goodbye. No room in the team for these guys. He'll likely drop today or tomorrow as well.

Edit and Bowen has already been slaughtered

Like I said before I'll be replacing him with Haaland and he's playing Man City and Newcastle soon so goodbye. No room in the team for these guys. He'll likely drop today or tomorrow as well.

Edit and Bowen has already been slaughtered
Yeah I'm selling Solanke for those exact two fixtures then bringing him back for Burnley and Sheffield.

Bowen is more annoying. I can't do the move this week and he's about to drop in price again.

Yeah I'm selling Solanke for those exact two fixtures then bringing him back for Burnley and Sheffield.

Bowen is more annoying. I can't do the move this week and he's about to drop in price again.
Yeah I'll bring him back later if needed no biggie. If he doubles then for sure. Can't sell Watkins over him given he gets Forest in 26 and has great fixtures anyway. And plays in a team where he doesn't end up with zero shots...

Bowen was a blunder. Did that early move from Salah to him. Gets injured then plays anyway and then blanks anyway vs SHU blocking my Gordon 7 pointer on the bench. Then blanks again vs Bou and if Foden hadnt scored today me keeping him instead of Palmer would have been utterly horrendous. I need Jota now and this is the obvious move. 0.2 swing tonight. Done.

Yeah I'll bring him back later if needed no biggie. If he doubles then for sure. Can't sell Watkins over him given he gets Forest in 26 and has great fixtures anyway. And plays in a team where he doesn't end up with zero shots...

Bowen was a blunder. Did that early move from Salah to him. Gets injured then plays anyway and then blanks anyway vs SHU blocking my Gordon 7 pointer on the bench. Then blanks again vs Bou and if Foden hadnt scored today me keeping him instead of Palmer would have been utterly horrendous. I need Jota now and this is the obvious move. 0.2 swing tonight. Done.

I've the same predicament but what about Gordon's injury?

Branthwaite is the one I've wanted for ages now. Doughty and Botman are other good shouts
Cheers

These are my moves to fund Haaland:

Trips to doughty/van hecke/brainthwaite/botman

Or Rich to Garnacho

Basically who should I keep between Rich and Trips from now till second WC. Both blank once.

Brainthwaite is a good shout! Doughty is tempting but leaves me with one playing defender in 26 and I'll have to save and use 2 FTs just to field 3 def. And that double is ugly. He might pop off vs SHU who are bad vs set pieces.

Cheers

Or Rich to Garnacho

Basically who should I keep between Rich and Trips from now till second WC. Both blank once.

Brainthwaite is a good shout! Doughty is tempting but leaves me with one playing defender in 26 and I'll have to save and use 2 FTs just to field 3 def. And that double is ugly. He might pop off vs SHU who are bad vs set pieces.
Rich to Garnacho

Palmer or Gross out for Jota?

Initial thinking is Palmer out and then potentially look at bringing him back on the WC which is likely to be GW27.

Richarlison out because the less people that own him the better. Sick to death of him.

Being serious though if you're bringing in Doughty you're adding another blank GW player to your squad alongside Rich and I assume Palmer + any Liverpool players you might have. I don't know what your plan is for 25/26 but you need to have one.

My squad is

Areola Dubs
Tripps Porro Estu Doughty Gabriel
Foden Saka Jota Palmer Bowen
Haaland Watkins Solanke

Will be shifting 2/3 (-4 if the latter) in 25 for doublers and hopefully no more than -4 in 26 to get something semi decent out.

I think if I bring in Allison, Gvardiol and one of Darwin/Diaz for -4 I can get out 7 doublers in 25 and a full 11 in 26 for no hit. Just have to decide whether to keep Bowen or Solanke and one of Areola or Dubravka. I'm more likely to want Solanke back with a potential double in 28 so maybe Diaz is the more sensible pick.

Richarlison out because the less people that own him the better. Sick to death of him.

Being serious though if you're bringing in Doughty you're adding another blank GW player to your squad alongside Rich and I assume Palmer + any Liverpool players you might have. I don't know what your plan is for 25/26 but you need to have one.

My squad is

Areola Dubs
Tripps Porro Estu Doughty Gabriel
Foden Saka Jota Palmer Bowen
Haaland Watkins Solanke

Will be shifting 2/3 (-4 if the latter) in 25 for doublers and hopefully no more than -4 in 26 to get something semi decent out.
Yeah, I was tempted with Doughty but it's a lot of blankers in 26 then and also, honestly benching Arsenal defender isn't ideal, they are the best defense and conceded 0.41 xG vs Liverpool, so I don't want to add multiple headaches to my team. Simple to have a bench fodder who can come in for 26 as long as he plays, that's all. I could in theory manage Doughty if I saved two FTs before the blank but you know some other exciting attacking option will pop up so I don't wanna save 2 FTs both to be used for defense.

I sold Palmer already for Foden (is a positive gain so far) so I am less exposed to the blank. Unfortunately my bench fodder is Mengi so as of now my teams are gonna be this:

For 24 and 25:

Dub
Trent, Gabriel, Porro
Rich, Saka, Foden, Jota
Jalv, Erling, Watkins

in 26 I have two FTs, so I move Trent to someone like Moreno if he's playing in 29 or whoever really and start planning towards 29. If I only do Trent to a playing def, I will have Rich, Jota, Porro and Mengi blanking. So I can use the other FT on one of them and field 11 for free. Likely Jota as Spurs play all games from there on, so Jota to a Spurs mid is gonna happen.

Cheers

Or Rich to Garnacho

I would go for Tripps to someone like Reguilon (4,4M) who has tough fixtures, but has a double in 25 and doesn't blank in 26 or 29 and he plays Burnley in 29. Could be played in 24, 25, 26, 27 and 29 and has some attacking potential.
All the other options is most likely another transfer before 29 if you're not FH then. Reguilon sets you up for saving the FH.
With the form Rich is in now I'd never sell him before Brighton at home.

I would go for Tripps to someone like Reguilon (4,4M) who has tough fixtures, but has a double in 25 and doesn't blank in 26 or 29 and he plays Burnley in 29. Could be played in 24, 25, 26, 27 and 29 and has some attacking potential.
All the other options is most like another transfer before 29 if you're not FH then. Reguilon sets you up for saving the FH.
With the form Rich is in now I'd never sell him before Brighton at home.
Yeah I went with the same strategy. Haaland is back home, he can start scoring now.

That's a good point actually. Is it worth bringing in Toney over someone like Darwin? Fixtures are as tough as it gets but he's a 90 min man and plays in 26 and 29 guaranteed. Always a chance he can nick a goal in one of those games surely?

Meh maybe not. Haaland and Watkins are nailed and so that 3rd striker slot is gold dust. Again, would rather hold on to Solanke if he gets that plum double in 28.

Last edited:
That's a good point actually. Is it worth bringing in Toney over someone like Darwin? Fixtures are as tough as it gets but he's a 90 min man and plays in 26 and 29 guaranteed. Always a chance he can nick a goal in one of those games surely?

Meh maybe not. Haaland and Watkins are nailed and so that 3rd striker slot is gold dust. Again, would rather hold on to Solanke if he gets that plum double in 28.
If you have extra transfers and can do Darwin in and out, that's the move for this week. I already had Jalv and he's doubling as well so I'm not gonna use extra transfers to change him to anyone. I sold Solanke myself, will bring him back later if needed but there are a bunch of better options now and three of them are doubling.

I am fecking shit at this game. Olise on the bench last week, Cunha (and Flekken...) on the bench this week.

Almost 50 points left on the bench across two game weeks.

Benching Diaz this week, so will stick a few quid on him to score a brace.

I am fecking shit at this game. Olise on the bench last week, Cunha (and Flekken...) on the bench this week.

Almost 50 points left on the bench across two game weeks.

Benching Diaz this week, so will stick a few quid on him to score a brace.

It depends who you benched them for but when it's logically the right decision and just unlucky you can't be too hard on yourself. How would anyone expect Flekken to get 10 points including an assist against Man City for example. I'd imagine Cunha got benched for someone with a better fixture also as it was a week when all the popular players had a good one.

It depends who you benched them for but when it's logically the right decision and just unlucky you can't be too hard on yourself. How would anyone expect Flekken to get 10 points including an assist against Man City for example. I'd imagine Cunha got benched for someone with a better fixture also as it was a week when all the popular players had a good one.

Flekken totally agree.

Benched Cunha for Olise and then Olise for Cunha :lol: . Classic rash emotional decision based purely on his previous performance ignoring the fact he was injured (Hodgson then chucked him on at HT only to hook him 9 minutes later...).

Hate this game.

Current team:

Raya
Porro, Saliba, Estupidman
Saka, Palmer, Jota, Foden
Haaland
, Twatkins, Solanke

Subs: Dubs, Doughty, Branthwaite, Son

Will bring in Gvardiol for Porro to roll in to GW25 with 5 doublers (maybe 6 if I take an additional hit).

Then sell one of Doughty, Jota, Son or Palmer to start 11 in GW26. Gonna be a hard choice but probably leaning Jota.

Flekken totally agree.

Benched Cunha for Olise and then Olise for Cunha :lol: . Classic rash emotional decision based purely on his previous performance ignoring the fact he was injured (Hodgson then chucked him on at HT only to hook him 9 minutes later...).

Hate this game.

:lol:

Seen a fella on twitter that this week sold Foden and Watkins for Gordon and Darwin. Such an annoying game :lol:

If the potential double Bournemouth vs. Luton fixture for GW28 (the most likely time for it, arounf 50%) isn't announced before the GW25 deadline, Solanke is probably a sell to Toney.
Much will also depend on who gets KO'ed in the FA cup match between AV and Chelsea tomorrow.

I own TAA now and will not bring in any more Liverpool players ahead of the next two very good GWs for them. Now that Salah is believed to be back for 25, minutes are more risky for all of Jota, Diaz, Gakpo and Darwin. After GW25 their fixtures are BLANK, NFO (A), MCI and BLANK, which is dead.
Plan is to field 5 doublers in GW25 and 11 starting players in GW26 without taking multple hits while keeping Rich and Porro who plays sin GW29.

If possible I will save my FH for 34 when a lot of the weaker teams double. That means manuevering well through the blanks in 26 and 29 is important for me. Then I can WC in 30/31 and aim at getting as many doublers as possible in 37 to BB then.

What are we thinking triple captain wise? It feels like the weeks are whittling down and with four chips still to play it’s a question of when is best to use each one. FH in one of the doubles down the line, bench boost potentially the same but that then potential rules out using the TC on a double?

My closest rival in my main work league is 20 points clear and has all four left still. It feels like a matter of whoever uses the chips right at this stage will probably nick it.

What are we thinking triple captain wise? It feels like the weeks are whittling down and with four chips still to play it’s a question of when is best to use each one. FH in one of the doubles down the line, bench boost potentially the same but that then potential rules out using the TC on a double?

My closest rival in my main work league is 20 points clear and has all four left still. It feels like a matter of whoever uses the chips right at this stage will probably nick it.

Feel like one has to be used in 25. Could go BB or TC here in honesty but likely the latter. Most will go for Haaland I guess.

Haaland in 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.