Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

I thought Wissa got injured this weekend and will be out for a few weeks.

Budget forward options right now:

DCL (5,9M) looks to be back where he was 3 years ago.
Strand Larsen (5,5M) looks very good. When the Wolves fixtures turns he will be in many teams. Has done ok (1G + 1A) in tough fixtures (Arsenal, Chelsea, NFO, Newcastle) so far and could have had more.
Evanilson (5,9M) Might not be on pens anymore, but has looked good despite not getting any returns yet. Will get competition from Unal (5,4M) though, who's looked very good when playing. (He was also very good for Getafe before his move to Bournemouth)
Welbeck (5,7M) Has probably ran out of good fixtures for a while now and will get more competition from Ferguson for the #9 spot now that he's back.
Joao Pedro (5,7M) On pens. Have probably ran out of good fixtures and plays much deeper than you want your FPL forwards to play. Outside the two goals he was "gifted" he hasn't been involved in much going forward.
Vardy (5,6M): Too old and playing for a promoted team, but is still showing glimpses of "2018 Vardy".
Wood (6,1M): Will probably give you a return every other match when starting.

If you have some money ITB:
Zirkzee (7,0M) - Great underlying numbers, goals will probably come. (Hojlund return just around the corner)
Mateta (7,4M) - Back in biz and will take the odd pen.
Solanke (7,5M) - Obvious pick, but somehow I doubt he will live up to the hype.
Darwin/Gakpo (7,2M) - Will probably both be gettign more minutes going forward. Great options if starting.
Jackson (7,6M) - Has looked good. Will share more minutes probably.
Top post

My points trend is not great at all. 80, 78, 73, 65. Somehow need to buck this quickly.
Mine looks worse. 72, 92, 83, 49. Huge drop this week has me nervous, particularly as Haaland's unsustainable run accounts for around half my points.

Quite an interesting game no 1 in the World currently has :lol:

Week 1: bench boost
Week 2: freehit
Week 3: wildcard
Week 4: triple captain on Haalnd

Wildcard then has wide bench and 2 from each teams he believes in. Id suppose he just rotates from those by who he favors each week.

Mazraoui is fine, according to Ten Hag.

He has scored 9 goals from XG of 4.4. He is bound to get to more real numbers, as this is unsustainable in the long run.
He has overperformed to an unsustainable level, no doubt. He will not score 85 PL goals this season, but he is generating 1,26xGi/90 and you can expect him to overperform that by a little bit. With the exception of last season, he´s consistantly overperformed his xGi since he moved to Dortmund. He has returned 89 times (72 goals and 17 assists) in 70 games (66 starts) for City in the PL and looks to be in the form of his life, so not having him in your team will probably be a rough ride.

Solanke, Watkins, Mbeumo, Jackson, DCL, Jesus and Darwin for instance are all consistant xG underperformers and has not once in their careers overperformed their xG over a season in the PL. Other notoriously bad finishers are Nketiah, Antonio, Pedro, Garnacho and Welbeck (Toney was one too).

Son is a standout elite finisher in the PL, while Kane was also consistently outscoring his xG.

Reading that Kane captaincy post above reminded me of my best ever moment in this game, that surely can't be beaten.

Captaining Rooney in this game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8472354.stm

All looked moderate, 1-0 up, 80mins on the clock.
Then he scored 3 more in the last 10, giving me a strangely differential captain, for a game I was at, for my own team.

Marvellous. Never to be matched

Anyone got any other peak memories?

Having Valencia when no-one else in my league did when he went absolutely mental in a 5-0 away thrashing of Wolves was another.
I was sat in the away end, trying not to let in I was in raptures :)

Let me give some lowlights too...
Triple captaining Sane in a double, where he played 8mins in one game only - 3 pointer!

Having Rooney as captain before you got a vice captain in - that home game v Blackburn that he was left out for going for a meal midweek!

Reading that Kane captaincy post above reminded me of my best ever moment in this game, that surely can't be beaten.

Captaining Rooney in this game

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8472354.stm

All looked moderate, 1-0 up, 80mins on the clock.
Then he scored 3 more in the last 10, giving me a strangely differential captain, for a game I was at, for my own team.

Marvellous. Never to be matched

Anyone got any other peak memories?

Having Valencia when no-one else in my league did when he went absolutely mental in a 5-0 away thrashing of Wolves was another.
I was sat in the away end, trying not to let in I was in raptures :)

Let me give some lowlights too...
Triple captaining Sane in a double, where he played 8mins in one game only - 3 pointer!

Having Rooney as captain before you got a vice captain in - that home game v Blackburn that he was left out for going for a meal midweek!
Triple captaining Mateta on the last day of the previous season paid off for me. Palace killed Villa, and he scored 3, and assisted one. Highest ever score for me for a single player in a single game week.

Armband moved to Palmer. Doesn’t feel good going against Yeti and Gandhi but it has to be done.

Anyone thinking about offloading Isak? With Watkins also injured, I am looking at Havertz as currently do not have any arsenal assets. Any other good options? Next week will be doing Jota to Mbuemo.

Sánchez to Raya
Isak to Havertz
Jota to Amad
Palmer to Salah
Harwood-Bellis to Mosquera/van den Berg

These are the changes I'm thinking about for the next ~4 gameweeks. Thoughts?