Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Again looking at fixtures not sure who I’m desperate to move from:

Raya Matthews
Trent Saliba Porro Robinson Johnson
Salah Jota Semenyo ESR Rogers
Haaland Muniz Pedro
Losing a bit of patience with Muniz but at £6.1m even if he drops I get my money back. Pedro is just an unlucky week.

Still have £0.8m in the bank but the long term temptation will be to aim for Saka instead of Jota. How I get there I’m not fully sure of quite yet. Wondering about where the value in Rogers is and whether it’s better to have a rubbish but playing bench option like Winks instead?

Thinking Saka + Winks > Jota + Rogers but I’d also probably have to downgrade Muniz to bench fodder.

Again looking at fixtures not sure who I’m desperate to move from:

Raya Matthews
Trent Saliba Porro Robinson Johnson
Salah Jota Semenyo ESR Rogers
Haaland Muniz Pedro
Losing a bit of patience with Muniz but at £6.1m even if he drops I get my money back. Pedro is just an unlucky week.

Still have £0.8m in the bank but the long term temptation will be to aim for Saka instead of Jota. How I get there I’m not fully sure of quite yet. Wondering about where the value in Rogers is and whether it’s better to have a rubbish but playing bench option like Winks instead?

Thinking Saka + Winks > Jota + Rogers but I’d also probably have to downgrade Muniz to bench fodder.

Muniz isn't a starter anymore so he's gotta go. I know he's not a popular pick, but if Leicester score then it's probably Vardy.

I could wildcard into this:

-------------------Flekken---------------------
-------Porro---Saliba----Gabriel--------
Saka-Rogers-Eze-Semenyo-Salah
-----------Haaland---Wissa---------------
Bench: dross plus Amad

But I think the current team might do okay next week anyway. The fixtures kind of swing a bit after that.

Muniz isn't a starter anymore so he's gotta go. I know he's not a popular pick, but if Leicester score then it's probably Vardy.
Yeah Muniz probably not starting as Jimenez scored.

But I was hoping to move him to Wissa.

Genuinely surprised I managed to scrape together 59 points. What a terrible week.
police-cars-police-chase.gif

"Phrase pull over, we have you surrounded"

Sánchez and Haaland were responsible for 70% of my points in this game week :lol:

Isak has been underwhelming. Just need one good performance from him next week and then he's gone even if he scores a hat trick vs Fulham.

Btw, I've mentioned his name already previously, but keep an eye on Nketiah. Could be one of the best cheap strikers out there. I think he has every chance to outperform Mateta, who costs 1.5m more than him. He played really well in his first match despite not scoring/assisting.

Last edited:
Last week i had moment of brilliance, did WC in last minutes and kicked ass.
This week, i pushed my luck and again did changes on deadline day. Every single decision was wrong.
Salah C (not because i doubted will Haaland play. I really thought that Salah will outscore him. Plonker.)
Bought Adama instead Amad.
Benched Maz for Adama.

That is 20 points gone.

I've only had him for one week and am already sick of Eze. Was fuming when Mateta took the pen.

I've just seen he's still owned by nearly 25% of mangers. That goal before the international break must have had people second guessing getting shot of him.

Is he though? Would you not rather Mbeumo as the main man now in a decent Brentford side? His fixtures up until December look great.
Eze numbers are still good. He created 3 decent chances and had a decent opportunity himself. But now that he's off pens, definitely not close to essential.

I could wildcard into this:

-------------------Flekken---------------------
-------Porro---Saliba----Gabriel--------
Saka-Rogers-Eze-Semenyo-Salah
-----------Haaland---Wissa---------------
Bench: dross plus Amad

But I think the current team might do okay next week anyway. The fixtures kind of swing a bit after that.
Yeah Muniz probably not starting as Jimenez scored.

But I was hoping to move him to Wissa.
I thought Wissa got injured this weekend and will be out for a few weeks.

Budget forward options right now:

DCL (5,9M) looks to be back where he was 3 years ago.
Strand Larsen (5,5M) looks very good. When the Wolves fixtures turns he will be in many teams. Has done ok (1G + 1A) in tough fixtures (Arsenal, Chelsea, NFO, Newcastle) so far and could have had more.
Evanilson (5,9M) Might not be on pens anymore, but has looked good despite not getting any returns yet. Will get competition from Unal (5,4M) though, who's looked very good when playing. (He was also very good for Getafe before his move to Bournemouth)
Welbeck (5,7M) Has probably ran out of good fixtures for a while now and will get more competition from Ferguson for the #9 spot now that he's back.
Joao Pedro (5,7M) On pens. Have probably ran out of good fixtures and plays much deeper than you want your FPL forwards to play. Outside the two goals he was "gifted" he hasn't been involved in much going forward.
Vardy (5,6M): Too old and playing for a promoted team, but is still showing glimpses of "2018 Vardy".
Wood (6,1M): Will probably give you a return every other match when starting.

If you have some money ITB:
Zirkzee (7,0M) - Great underlying numbers, goals will probably come. (Hojlund return just around the corner)
Mateta (7,4M) - Back in biz and will take the odd pen.
Solanke (7,5M) - Obvious pick, but somehow I doubt he will live up to the hype.
Darwin/Gakpo (7,2M) - Will probably both be gettign more minutes going forward. Great options if starting.
Jackson (7,6M) - Has looked good. Will share more minutes probably.

Reactions: BenitoSTARR

Strand Larsen (5,5M) looks very good. When the Wolves fixtures turns he will be in many teams. Has done ok (1G + 1A) in tough fixtures (Arsenal, Chelsea, NFO, Newcastle) so far and could have had more.
Evanilson (5,9M) Might not be on pens anymore, but has looked good despite not getting any returns yet. Will get competition from Unal (5,4M) though, who's looked very good when playing. (He was also very good for Getafe before his move to Bournemouth)
Welbeck (5,7M) Has probably ran out of good fixtures for a while now and will get more competition from Ferguson for the #9 spot now that he's back.
Joao Pedro (5,7M) On pens. Have probably ran out of good fixtures and plays much deeper than you want your FPL forwards to play. Outside the two goals he was "gifted" he hasn't been involved in much going forward.
Vardy (5,6M): Too old and playing for a promoted team, but is still showing glimpses of "2018 Vardy".

Zirkzee (7,0M) - Great underlying numbers, goals will probably come. (Hojlund return just around the corner)
Darwin/Gakpo (7,2M) - Will probably both be gettign more minutes going forward. Great options if starting.
This list is awesome. Bookmarked.

This weekend I'm not sure if I should hold with Haaland or WC. He eats up so much budget when you aren't putting him down as captain.

This weekend I'm not sure if I should hold with Haaland or WC. He eats up so much budget when you aren't putting him down as captain.

Crazy talk. Man has 9 goals in 4 games and this is the one fixture in the season where it's sensible to go against him as a captain option. You'll want him straight back the week after.

Crazy talk. Man has 9 goals in 4 games and this is the one fixture in the season where it's sensible to go against him as a captain option. You'll want him straight back the week after.
That's kind of the point. He can't possibly keep going like he is.

I should've made the funds for DCL over Ndiaye. Will need to rectify that in the coming weeks unless he gets injured again.

And yeah Strand Larsen in for Jao Pedro around GW10 makes sense.

Nketiah? Only Leicester, but 0.34 xG, 0.23 xA on his Palace debut isn't too shabby for a 5.9. Would be a punt of course. Fixtures a mixed bag. Played behind Mateta alongside Eze in a 5-4-1/3-4-2-1 box midfield.

Nketiah? Only Leicester, but 0.34 xG, 0.23 xA on his Palace debut isn't too shabby for a 5.9. Would be a punt of course. Fixtures a mixed bag. Played behind Mateta alongside Eze in a 5-4-1/3-4-2-1 box midfield.
Could be a punt of course, but I generally prefer forwards who plays at #9 though. CP won't play Leicester at home every week either.

Thanks!
Would you really sell Haaland for 1 gameweek and lose 0,1M because he has a bad fixture? He has 2 goals and 2 assists against Arsenal in the PL in 4 games, so it's not like it's impossible he doesn't blank. With his current form he's pretty much autoCap for 90% of the fixtures City have. He's expensive, but has more points than any combination of 2 other strikers, so might be worth it. Right?

Despite having captain Haaland, this has been a low scoring disappointing week. Red arrows everywhere.
I was almost beating the first ranked guy in one of my MLs till Saturday. For Sunday, I had Saliba and he had Gabriel.

Ridiculous!!!

@Samid Are you bothering with a caf league for the CL fantasy this year?

FPL is already a write-off for me. :(

Red flags across the starting XI:

Henderson (crap - Palace can't keep a CS). Mazraoui (injured?). Rogers (less said the better). Jota (doesn't play 90s). Eze (this year's FPL trap), Muniz and Isak. 0.4m ITB.

Probably WC GW6 but trying to decide what to do. Muniz to Pedro for a single GW?

Red flags across the starting XI:

Henderson (crap - Palace can't keep a CS). Mazraoui (injured?). Rogers (less said the better). Jota (doesn't play 90s). Eze (this year's FPL trap), Muniz and Isak. 0.4m ITB.

Probably WC GW6 but trying to decide what to do. Muniz to Pedro for a single GW?

Mazraoui is fine, according to Ten Hag.

Thanks!
Would you really sell Haaland for 1 gameweek and lose 0,1M because he has a bad fixture? He has 2 goals and 2 assists against Arsenal in the PL in 4 games, so it's not like it's impossible he doesn't blank. With his current form he's pretty much autoCap for 90% of the fixtures City have. He's expensive, but has more points than any combination of 2 other strikers, so might be worth it. Right?
He has scored 9 goals from XG of 4.4. He is bound to get to more real numbers, as this is unsustainable in the long run.

How did you manage that? Did you go in with both Salah and Haaland?

Raya
TAA - Porro - Maz (Konsa - Bellis)
Palmer - Saka - Jota - ESR (Rogers)
Haaland - Wood - Pedro​

2 FTs. Will likely roll again and then bin Jota for Mbeumo in GW6.