Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Maz flagged. Gone from 1% at the first deadline to 15% ownership and still no price rise. Flag now means he probably won't be getting one any time soon either.

Meanwhile Kenny Rogers who has delivered 2,2,2,2 is about to get his second rise up to 5.2. Pathetic.

Maz flagged. Gone from 1% at the first deadline to 15% ownership and still no price rise. Flag now means he probably won't be getting one any time soon either.

Meanwhile Kenny Rogers who has delivered 2,2,2,2 is about to get his second rise up to 5.2. Pathetic.
His true value is value. Scoring actual points? Not so much.

With Buendia now back and Duran doing so well, Rogers could fall out of the team at Villa before giving any of us a single return.

Maz not going up after the opening game cleany was annoying. Looked nailed on then just meandered around 95% whilst tonnes got him in, then just fell.

I'd initially wanted De Ligt for the goal scoring threat, but the last min fun of him not starting the first game, and the extra 0.5m swung it.

Maz not going up after the opening game cleany was annoying. Looked nailed on then just meandered around 95% whilst tonnes got him in, then just fell.

I'd initially wanted De Ligt for the goal scoring threat, but the last min fun of him not starting the first game, and the extra 0.5m swung it.
Yeah, I'd have had Nous by now if he ever really looked like rising. I'm think the fact that we're really inconsistent plus that he'll probably cost another transfer if/when Shaw comes back gives pause.

Given we have a new set piece coach and are already looking a bit better at them, our defenders could be decent shouts.

Yeah, I'd have had Nous by now if he ever really looked like rising. I'm think the fact that we're really inconsistent plus that he'll probably cost another transfer if/when Shaw comes back gives pause.

Given we have a new set piece coach and are already looking a bit better at them, our defenders could be decent shouts.
It will be interesting to see who is first choice right back when/if Shaw is back.

Maz can apparently play left back and yet Dalot is being shunted out there, so we'll see if that's any sort of clue or not.

It will be interesting to see who is first choice right back when/if Shaw is back.

Maz can apparently play left back and yet Dalot is being shunted out there, so we'll see if that's any sort of clue or not.
Pretty sure it will be Dalot. I think he's only being moved out there as he's used to the league and the manager trusts him there.

Maz has only ever played LB for Morocco really. His versatility is somewhat overstated. Dalot has far more experience there.

I know Dalot doesn't mind which FB position he plays in a long as he's playing the same side for a while. We shouldn't really be moving him left to right every game. So I think Nous will keep the spot.

Hopped on the Konate bandwagon before the price change last night, Gvardiol out.

Made a second transfer too, think I fecked up. Jota > Bowen. Not completely sure why I did that.

Was talking Jota > Bowen before the intenrational break in case Jota became a rotation risk ahead of Europe this week. He now famously went off a few seconds too early but as we all know he started. It was also late, and for some reason had it in my head that I already had triple Liverpool and would need to shift one of their players out in order to bring Konate in when I actually didn't. Don't know how that happened. :lol:

Oh well.

My thought is possibly downgrade Muniz to fodder and upgrade Rogers to Mbuemo.

But I’m not desperate for anyone just yet.

My thought is possibly downgrade Muniz to fodder and upgrade Rogers to Mbuemo.

But I’m not desperate for anyone just yet.

Hard call with Mbeumo, does Wissa potentially out mean he's likely to score more points or fewer?

Wonder if anyone has researched that, do players step up more when their attacking teammates are out or does an overall potential blunting of the attack impact them negatively? I remember Hwang continuing to be productive last season when Neto was out injured for Wolves. I was scepitcal and wrongly avoided him.

Anyway, Brentford's good fixture run doesn't start until after next week so there's no rush for you. Mind you, Spurs always give you a chance to score.

Hard call with Mbeumo, does Wissa potentially out mean he's likely to score more points or fewer?

Wonder if anyone has researched that, do players step up more when their attacking teammates are out or does an overall potential blunting of the attack impact them negatively? I remember Hwang continuing to be productive last season when Neto was out injured for Wolves. I was scepitcal and wrongly avoided him.

Anyway, Brentford's good fixture run doesn't start until after next week so there's no rush for you. Mind you, Spurs always give you a chance to score.
My view of it is Mbeumo without Toney scored significantly more than with.

So I personally am happy that he’s a solid pick more so than even Saka without Odegaard.

Mbeumo’s game is more direct regardless of those around them.

My initially thought was Muniz to Wissa.

Honestly I’m not desperate for huge changes though so I might just roll and wait and see.

Still have the wildcard to play and might do it GW6 or even 10+ as long as I can stay within 100 points of my mini league leader im never too worried.

Timber starting again. 3 in a row now for 5.5 Arsenal defender.
The Italian guy is injured and Zinchenko out of favour so the position is Timber's to keep for now. Had him in my team originally but took him out because of the upcoming Spurs and City matches.

Timber starting again. 3 in a row now for 5.5 Arsenal defender.
I’ve spent a long time looking at Arsenal defence and I think you have better value in Raya as GK than Timber as LB.

Neither have massive upside in terms of goals or assists (Timber has never been an aerial threat) so id rather go safest starter (Raya) and Saliba/Gabriel (Saliba will play more games likely as he is one of the only CBs in the PL who played every game last season.)

The Italian guy is injured and Zinchenko out of favour so the position is Timber's to keep for now. Had him in my team originally but took him out because of the upcoming Spurs and City matches.
Calafiori when fully fit will be the biggest concern for both Timber and Gabriel.

Saliba doesn’t have a player in the squad that is as good as him and right footed.

Calafiori when fully fit will be the biggest concern for both Timber and Gabriel.

Saliba doesn’t have a player in the squad that is as good as him and right footed.
I think there'll be a fair bit of rotating between their full backs this season but I'd say Gabriel will start the vast majority of games. Him and Saliba have a good partnership and centre back is a position where rotation is more of a hindrance than a help.

I do agree Saliba is definitely the best choice for an Arsenal defender, but like you I'd also be going for Raya over any of them.

Need Porro to score and be subbed off with a cleanie, then Raya saving a pen from Son and assisting Saka from the same play.

I am running one experiment this year.
I created one team which i don't touch at all. Same lineup, same C, not changing anything.. I will click only TC and BB when time comes.

Doing great so far. At 6.5 mil:lol:. I guess that only can go up:confused:

if Arsenal don't get a corner goal I'll be amazed. And I've none of them yet.

I think there'll be a fair bit of rotating between their full backs this season but I'd say Gabriel will start the vast majority of games. Him and Saliba have a good partnership and centre back is a position where rotation is more of a hindrance than a help.

I do agree Saliba is definitely the best choice for an Arsenal defender, but like you I'd also be going for Raya over any of them.
The wrinkle is that Gabriel is a bigger goal threat we he plays

Please score, Spurs. Don't let me have two 6 pointers on my bench whilst my starting 3 defenders got a combined total of 4 points.

I'll be fuming if Arsenal manage to keep a CS here after I transferred out Saliba for Robertson only for that Scouse bum to get 1 fecking point.