Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

That could work.

Still not sure on Semenyo though… Che, Liv, South, Leic, Ars, Villa, City, Brent, Brighton.

But a lot of X experts/content creators say Semenyo so sure he’ll be good.
His numbers are really solid, 90 minute man, decent team. I would rotate him and Rogers depending on fixtures though.

I just don't like the idea of a 4.5m striker for a premium defender, when all it takes is a goal to wipe out points for a defender, and most decent strikers will return something most games.

I now regret buying Amad instead of Semenyo when Nkunku started falling. But here’s hoping he starts against Soton!

I now regret buying Amad instead of Semenyo when Nkunku started falling. But here’s hoping he starts against Soton!
Do we think Amad will come back in for Garnacho?
Amad has been recalled to the Ivory Coast squad for the first time in 18 months for the AFCON qualifiers over the next few days. Had it only been Garnacho on international duty then that would have given Amad the edge over him, however I think Garnacho will keep his place in the starting 11.

On a wildcard. Could it be worth it to just go fourmium?

Alisson
Konate-Konsa-Dunk-Lewis-
Faes
Saka-Palmer-Konsa-Salah-Franca
Haaland-Pedro-Chiwome

In 2 weeks time I can then downgrade Salah for Luis Diaz+Trent or Palmer to go for Trent+Mbeumo while keeping Salah.

Im fine with playing Pedro, Konsa all the time and Dunk can also become Gabriel if I trade Salah for Diaz+Trent.

Either way it’s two weeks without Trent, but with the added benefit of owning all the big shots who’s also on pens.

On a wildcard. Could it be worth it to just go fourmium?

Alisson
Konate-Konsa-Dunk-Lewis-
Faes
Saka-Palmer-Konsa-Salah-Franca
Haaland-Pedro-Chiwome

In 2 weeks time I can then downgrade Salah for Luis Diaz+Trent or Palmer to go for Trent+Mbeumo while keeping Salah.

Im fine with playing Pedro, Konsa all the time and Dunk can also become Gabriel if I trade Salah for Diaz+Trent.

Either way it’s two weeks without Trent, but with the added benefit of owning all the big shots who’s also on pens.
I really don't like going with 4 in defence and only 6 attackers. I'd definitely downgrade Alisson do a 4,5 and get Rogers, Adama, Minteh, Soucek or preferrably Semenyo in for Franca as a 7th attacker.
Konate and Lewis could lose their spots any GW for Quansah or Walker, so this is very vulnerable. Pedro could be rested for Ipswich at home next week.

BTW: Who is that Konsa guy in the midfield?

Yeah that's the plan.

What do you think about Saka/Jackson Vs Havertz/Mbuemo?

Also, I posted my team earlier, the only way to get that is to lose 0.1 currently thinking Rico Lewis to Maza unless you see something better?

Saka and Jackson is probably better isn't it. Can you get to Mbuemo another way in 2 weeks?

I really don't like going with 4 in defence and only 6 attackers. I'd definitely downgrade Alisson do a 4,5 and get Rogers, Adama, Minteh, Soucek or preferrably Semenyo in for Franca as a 7th attacker.
Konate and Lewis could lose their spots any GW for Quansah or Walker, so this is very vulnerable. Pedro could be rested for Ipswich at home next week.

BTW: Who is that Konsa guy in the midfield?
Cheers! Yeah definitely is vulnerable with Konate and Lewis. The good part is you can easier go down than up, by splitting the premium players you dont want. But it could also mean a lot of moves. There is plenty 4.5 and 5 to go for if not though.

Oh I misspelled. It’s Rogers in midfield.

Without Alisson and Senenyo + lewis it looks like this:

Henderson or Verbrugge
Konsa-Dunk-4.5-Konate-Vestergaard
Saka-Palmer-Salah-Rogers-Semenyo
Pedro-Haaland-Chiwome

Saka and Jackson is probably better isn't it. Can you get to Mbuemo another way in 2 weeks?
Nah, if I keep Saka/Jackson, my whole team becomes very rigid:

Allison
Robinson, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, Onana, Salah
Haaland, Pedro, Jackson

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Bednarek, Woolfenden

That's with 0 budget left. I can always downgrade GK but that sort e is to cover arsenal defence by getting in Raya after a couple of weeks.

Yeah that's the plan.

What do you think about Saka/Jackson Vs Havertz/Mbuemo?

Also, I posted my team earlier, the only way to get that is to lose 0.1 currently thinking Rico Lewis to Maza unless you see something better?
If I could afford Saka/Jackson (17,7M) I definitely prefer them over Havertz/Mbeumo (15,2M). Big price diff though and Havertz/Mbeumo is probably good value for money.

Do you really think Maza is a good 4,5 pick? Did you see us play on Sunday? We looked like we would never keep a clean again.
I'd even rather go with a creative Ipswich back to be honest. Point is there are so many better 4,5s out there.

If I could afford Saka/Jackson (17,7M) I definitely prefer them over Havertz/Mbeumo (15,2M). Big price diff though and Havertz/Mbeumo is probably good value for money.

Do you really think Maza is a good 4,5 pick? Did you see us play on Sunday? We looked like we would never keep a clean again.
I'd even rather go with a creative Ipswich back to be honest. Point is there are so many better 4,5s out there.
The 4.5 could be anyone, I just like having a United player and hopefully they can improve with Casemiro out of the team.

I would love Saka but he just makes it hard to have a balanced team with Salah and Haaland.

But I may try find ways to do a draft with all 3.

Allison
Robinson, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, Onana, Salah
Haaland, Pedro, Jackson

That's with 0 budget left. I can always downgrade GK but that sort e is to cover arsenal defence by getting in Raya after a couple of weeks.

Yeah you need a little bit in the bank to go Eze to Mbeumo which is what I'm trying to do. £0 in the bank if I do the same team as you. Do you need Rogers and Onana? Surely the latters returns are unsustainable? I certainly wouldn't want to bench Rogers over him.

And yeah rocking Havertz over Saka does give you that extra flexibility. My tinkering is on this at mo with £0.4m in the bank...

Verbruggen/Flekken (Fab)
TAA Gabriel Robinson Maz Greaves
Salah Mitoma Eze Semenyo Rogers
Haaland Havertz Ndiaye

Would play Ndiaye over Semenyo gw5/8/9/10. Bring Mbeumo in comfortably for Eze in a couple of weeks. Also still not decided on Raya and an extra £0.5m to use in defence over Gab and £4.5m gk. Can just see a bullet header against Spurs though.

Allison
Robinson, Porro, Maza
Saka, Eze, Onana, Salah
Haaland, Pedro, Jackson

There is some cash stacked in Alisson and Porro, but it is a bit rigid for sure. You do touch all price brackets except prem defender though, so you'll allways be able to move sideways if needed.

Yeah you need a little bit in the bank to go Eze to Mbeumo which is what I'm trying to do. £0 in the bank if I do the same team as you. Do you need Rogers and Onana? Surely the latters returns are unsustainable? I certainly wouldn't want to bench Rogers over him.

And yeah rocking Havertz over Saka does give you that extra flexibility. My tinkering is on this at mo with £0.4m in the bank...

Verbruggen/Flekken (Fab)
Haaland Havertz Ndiaye

Would play Ndiaye over Semenyo gw5/8/9/10. Bring Mbeumo in comfortably for Eze in a couple of weeks. Also still not decided on Raya and an extra £0.5m to use in defence over Gab and £4.5m gk. Can just see a bullet header against Spurs though.
Nice team, and I like the Mitoma punt. Should be set for GW4/5 before moving in on Arsenal+Mbeumo.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Verbruggen/Flekken (Fab)
Haaland Havertz Ndiaye

That's actually a really nice team with enough price points covered for good flexibility. I would love Gabriel over Rays and think it's the better play if you can do it.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
I genuinely don’t understand why the pricing works. Solanke before GW1 was at 27-28% ownership and he is 8%. How in the hell has he not dropped in price?

I genuinely don’t understand why the pricing works. Solanke before GW1 was at 27-28% ownership and he is 8%. How in the hell has he not dropped in price?

I think there is something to do with players not being able to move when they are flagged.

I think there is something to do with players not being able to move when they are flagged.
That’s bogus man. I understand if they are transferred or loaned out. Meanwhile players like Aina went from 1.4% to like 0.9% and lost 0.1. Since then Aina has gone up to above 2.0% yet no change in price.

I feel the price moves are out of control.
It's a weird system.

I'm a much more casual player than most in here, but I feel like the price changing system just actively encourages kneejerking and thinking/worrying about changes even during the international break etc. Don't really like it.

It's a weird system.

I'm a much more casual player than most in here, but I feel like the price changing system just actively encourages kneejerking and thinking/worrying about changes even during the international break etc. Don't really like it.
This year its worse.. Gordon went down and he gets in superb positions, is essentially a second striker and scored gameweek before last.

Yeah, I suppose possibly I’m splitting difference between knee jerking and and took a -4 to go from Saka/Isak to Salah/Pedro. My bench is still strong so I’d get ESR to sub in if Pedro doesn’t play…

I got him in before last GW, and like you said the eyetest and stats support eachother. He's defo taken over the stick as main man after Solanke left the club. 90 min man at 5,6M being talisman for a midtable team should be the obvious enabler in most teams.

Players in similar clubs in similar roles:

Semenyo (5,6M):
90 minutes per game
5,67 shots per game
1,27 xGi/90

Mbeumo (7,1M):
90 minutes per game
2,00 shots per game
0,80 xGi/90

Eze (6,9M):
90 minutes per game
5,00 shots per game
0,47 xGi/90

MGW (6,5M)
90 minutes per game
3,00 shots per game
0,64 xGi/90

Bowen (7,5M)
85 minutes per game
1,04 shots per game
0,45 xGi/90

Anyone stand out? ;)
Told you ;)

Choosing not to wildcard:

Raya Matthews
Trent Saliba Porro Robinson Johnson
Salah Jota Semenyo ESR Rogers
Haaland Muniz Pedro

Happy with the overall balance everyone is a starter apart from Matthews.

Might be tempted to drop Muniz if he doesn’t return in the new GW or 2 and then upgrade midfield with the £1.5m I could save.

Yeah I've got Flekken, Brentford only have 1 other gk and he's 4m so means even with an injury to him I don't need to make a transfer

I'm on that too currently. The only potential problem with it is that it means no Mbeumo and Wissa at the same time, something I might want to do at some point. If that's not a concern then no bother. Brentford have those nice fixtures starting soon.