Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Morgan or Onana?

Morgan is the not attacking player but Onana has the goals, don't know if it is just a purple patch or more to do with tactics that Onana gets in the box more.

Morgan or Onana?

Morgan is the not attacking player but Onana has the goals, don't know if it is just a purple patch or more to do with tactics that Onana gets in the box more.
It's more to do with the set pieces from what I've seen. Onana is just really good as a threat in those situations and seems to be McPhee's go-to for getting on the end of even their more creative routines.

I would imagine they'll have to shake that up at some point, which would affect/halt Onana's goal returns.

I've already basically thrown the season away. Went without haaland and lost value in a couple of other players. Squad looks awful now. I'm debating a WC but it's even trickier now to fit haaland and Salah in with another big hitter while not filling the rest of the team with dreck

I've already basically thrown the season away. Went without haaland and lost value in a couple of other players. Squad looks awful now. I'm debating a WC but it's even trickier now to fit haaland and Salah in with another big hitter while not filling the rest of the team with dreck
Fitting in Haaland, Salah and another big hitter without fielding a very unbalanced team will be hard throughout the season for everyone. That's basically the beautiful thing about this season: There's not just one template. This season it is possible to field competive teams with one, both or none of Haaland/Salah in them. It is possible to find the points so many places.

I have both, but that means I've had to rely on 6,5s and 5,0s in the midfield and 4,5s in the defence, and that's a minefield. I've also had to go without TAA, Saka, Palmer, KDB, Son etc. Having only one makes it a lot easier to maneuver and gives you sbudget to have two or maybe even 3 heavy hitters outside Haaland/Salah.
Plus: Both Haaland and Salah has overperformed to an unsustainable level, which eventually will stop. Haaland is on schedule to score 89 PL-goals this season....I also doubt Salah will get 76 returns....

Fitting in Haaland, Salah and another big hitter without fielding a very unbalanced team will be hard throughout the season for everyone. That's basically the beautiful thing about this season: There's not just one template. This season it is possible to field competive teams with one, both or none of Haaland/Salah in them. It is possible to find the points so many places.

I have both, but that means I've had to rely on 6,5s and 5,0s in the midfield and 4,5s in the defence, and that's a minefield. I've also had to go without TAA, Saka, Palmer, KDB, Son etc. Having only one makes it a lot easier to maneuver and gives you sbudget to have two or maybe even 3 heavy hitters outside Haaland/Salah.
Plus: Both Haaland and Salah has overperformed to an unsustainable level, which eventually will stop. Haaland is on schedule to score 89 PL-goals this season....I also doubt Salah will get 76 returns....
All good points, I think I'm just in a funk at the moment, given a terrible start. Think I'll give it one more week and then WC .

Thoughts on this WC draft?

Sanchez, Flekken
Robertson, Mazraoui, Robinson, Saliba, Greaves
Salah, Eze, Mbeumo, Rogers, Semenyo
Havertz, Pedro, Haaland

I'll give it proper think after the internationals and press conferences on Friday.

Sanchez, Flekken
Havertz, Pedro, Haaland

I'll give it proper think after the internationals and press conferences on Friday.

Very similar to mine although I'd rather have Trent over Robertson and I can't be arsed with gk rotation. Am also slightly worried about Arsenal now with both Rice and Odegaard out particularly if it means Havertz moving back into midfield which makes him a much less desirable pick. Keeping my eye on that.

Very similar to mine although I'd rather have Trent over Robertson and I can't be arsed with gk rotation. Am also slightly worried about Arsenal now with both Rice and Odegaard out particularly if it means Havertz moving back into midfield which makes him a much less desirable pick. Keeping my eye on that.
That's a good point on Arsenal. I actually have Trent in my current draft and no Havertz but thought about getting the Arsenal attack in there.

There was a survey on FPL reddit the other day, asking their userbase if they had Salah, Haaland or both. Like @troylocker said, all options are very viable. Here was the results (doesn't include triple captain chips etc).

1269 people responded, which were split up as follows:

484 (38%) have both Haaland and Salah and scored on average 229 points

393 (31%) have just Haaland and scored on average 214 points

254 (20%) have just Salah and scored on average 212 points

82 (6%) have neither and scored on average 180 points (ouch)

56 (4%) started the season with one of the above but by GW3 had a different one, and scored on average 208 points.

Not much in it at all so far, just the neithers missing out. The guy who made the survey was surprised to see Haaland teams slightly ahead as he costs more, leaving slightly less to spend on the team. The thing is, there's been so many midfield options doing well so far, and many will have 3 or 4 of them in their squad plus Haaland.

All of Son, Saka, De Bruyne and Palmer have registered good points, the players lots of Haaland choosers would have had as their most expensive midfielder if they couldn't fit Salah in. Then loads of the popular 6.5+ options have done well too; Luis Diaz, Jota, Mitoma, Madueke, Mbeumo, Bowen, Gordon, Eze, Gibbs-White etc. and even some of the common budget options; Smith-Rowe, Semenyo. Been so easy to accumulate points with the middies.

The thing with strikers it's been easier to miss. At 7.5+ Havertz, Isak and Jackson have returned, but Watkins and Solanke were among the most popular choices and they haven't delivered for one reason or another. Not many people on Mateta or Nunez, but nothing from them either. Muniz is currently more owned that Wood or Wissa at 6.0+ and he's yet to do anything either.

For those who went with 3 expensive forwards who were not Haaland it's been tricky to pick the right 3, especially as Jackson wasn't in a lot of plans to begin with. For those who wentwith 1 or 2, Watkins or Solanke would have been in there often.

There's alot of time for it to turn around, early days yet.

Last edited:
There was a survey on FPL reddit the other day, asking their userbase if they had Salah, Haaland or both. Like @troylocker said, all options are very viable. Here was the results (doesn't include triple captain chips etc).

Not much in it at all so far, just the neithers missing out. The guy who made the survey was surprised to see Haaland teams slightly ahead as he costs more, leaving slightly less to spend on the team. The thing is, there's been so many midfield options doing well so far, and many will have 3 or 4 of them in their squad plus Haaland.

All of Son, Saka, De Bruyne and Palmer have registered good points, the players lots of Haaland choosers would have had as their most expensive midfielder if they couldn't fit Salah in. Then loads of the popular 6.5+ options have done well too; Luis Diaz, Jota, Mitoma, Madueke, Mbeumo, Bowen, Gordon, Eze, Gibbs-White etc. and even some of the common budget options; Smith-Rowe, Semenyo.

The thing with strikers it's been easier to miss. At 7.5+ Havertz, Isak and Jackson have returned, but Watkins and Solanke were among the most popular choices and they haven't delivered for one reason or another. Not many people on Mateta or Nunez, but nothing from them either. Muniz is currently more owned that Wood or Wissa at 6.0+ and he's yet to do anything either.

For those who went with 3 expensive forwards who were not Haaland it's been tricky to pick the right 3 and for those who didn't, Watkins or Solanke would have been the main man or the big 2 for plenty.

Thanks mate, this pep talk has brightened the end of my day right up! Some useful nuggets of information here and I shan't give up just yet!

I'm on Palmer and Salah and Jota, but the rest of my MF is ropey. My backline is awful (bar TAA) and my front three includes Watkins (I'm going to give him one more week, assuming he's not actually injured, before jettisoning him).

All of Son, Saka, De Bruyne and Palmer have registered good points, the players lots of Haaland choosers would have had as their most expensive midfielder if they couldn't fit Salah in. Then loads of the popular 6.5+ options have done well too; Luis Diaz, Jota, Mitoma, Madueke, Mbeumo, Bowen, Gordon, Eze, Gibbs-White etc. and even some of the common budget options; Smith-Rowe, Semenyo. Been so easy to accumulate points with the middies.

For those who went with 3 expensive forwards who were not Haaland it's been tricky to pick the right 3 and for those who didn't, Watkins or Solanke would have been the main man or the big 2 for plenty.

Not to mention, you could be me and have Haaland and Salah, but have duds like Nkunku, Bruno, Gvardiol, Muniz, Konsa, Henderson and end up with low points.

The guy who made the survey was surprised to see Haaland teams slightly ahead as he costs more, leaving slightly less to spend on the team.

I'm surprised he's surprised, as this is a 3 game sample size within which Haaland spiked back to back hat-tricks.

I would have thought the casual expectation would be that Haaland owners would be further ahead of non-owners than that. And them not being so highlights his point about price having a knock-on effect for the rest of the team. You would typically expect owning a player who scores 7 goals in 3 games to do more for you than that.

Last edited:
Currently on these two drafts:

Draft 1:

Raya
TAA, Lewis, Mazraoui
Mbuemo, Salah, Eze, Semenyo
Haaland, Joao Pedro, Havertz

Subs: Fabianski, Rogers, Aina, Bednarek

Draft 2:

Raya
Robertson, Lewis, Porro

Thoughts on these anyone?

Currently on these two drafts:

Draft 1:

Raya
TAA, Lewis, Mazraoui

Draft 2:

Raya
Robertson, Lewis, Porro

No Chelsea?

Raya
TAA, Lewis, Mazraoui

Raya
Robertson, Lewis, Porro

They’re both cnuts?

Oh you mean as FPL players? Probably first one just because Liverpools fixtures are easyish so expect Terence Trent D’Arby to get upfield more.

No Chelsea?
I had Jackson at one point and can't get Palmer. None of the rest are worth thinking about. Jackson could still be decent shout but his minutes are being managed simply because they have such a large squad.
They’re both cnuts?

Oh you mean as FPL players? Probably first one just because Liverpools fixtures are easyish so expect Terence Trent D’Arby to get upfield more.
Haha yeah TAA draft is where I'm leaning currently.

I had Jackson at one point and can't get Palmer. None of the rest are worth thinking about. Jackson could still be decent shout but his minutes are being managed simply because they have such a large squad.

Haha yeah TAA draft is where I'm leaning currently.
Do you think Palmer is essential if you can get to him? I’d also prefer him to Jackson.

Do you think Palmer is essential if you can get to him? I’d also prefer him to Jackson.
Yeah but if you want Salah, Haaland and some resemblance of a decent team, something needs to give. Palmer is that something. If I had the money, I'd prefer Saka to Palmer anyway.

WC Draft 3:

Henderson
Digne - Robinson - Konate
Palmer - Diaz - Semenyo - Eze - Salah
Pedro - Haaland

I do have 0.5 in the bank. Palmer becomes Saka in a couple of weeks. Banks me another 0.5 and Diaz becomes Mbeumo the week after and hopefully that bags me another 0.5 to upgrade Robinson to Saliba.

Thoughts? Is it too much to have three premiums in attack?

WC Draft 3:

Henderson
Pedro - Haaland

I do have 0.5 in the bank. Palmer becomes Saka in a couple of weeks. Banks me another 0.5 and Diaz becomes Mbeumo the week after and hopefully that bags me another 0.5 to upgrade Robinson to Saliba.

Like the attack but the defense is pretty weak. My worry though is three planned transfers. You'd want to start saving up transfers after a WC?

That attack is sexy though.

WC Draft 3:

Henderson
Pedro - Haaland

I'd probably just start with Saka instead of Palmer.

I don't see the Spurs game as a bad fixture for Arsenal's attack given their games last season finished 2-2 and 3-2, with Saka scoring in each game. And then obviously he has Leicester, Southampton and Bournemouth from GW6. So it's just the game against City that's a problem, but I'm not sure avoiding it is worth spending a transfer on.

Like the attack but the defense is pretty weak. My worry though is three planned transfers. You'd want to start saving up transfers after a WC?

That attack is sexy though.
I already have 2 FTs saved up and if I go 2-3 weeks without a transfer cause I have 2 bench playing options I can save up to 4-5 FTs.

I'd probably just start with Saka instead of Palmer.

I don't see the Spurs game as a bad fixture for Arsenal's attack given their games last season finished 2-2 and 3-2, with Saka scoring in each game. And then obviously he has Leicester, Southampton and Bournemouth from GW6. So it's just the game against City that's a problem, but I'm not sure avoiding it is worth spending a transfer on.
Yeah I thought of going Saka as well but I feel like Palmer has a chance to haul over the next two weeks and I kinda want to take a chance with Chelsea especially with no Europe for Palmer as well.

My WC selections are locked. Can't fit in Saka so gonna hope for the best with Havertz.

One decision to make:

TAA & Mazraoui vs. Robertson & Porro

Any insights/advice would be really appreciated.

Sanchez
Lewis - Robinson - Digne
ESR - Salah - Saka - Palmer - Rogers
Pedro- Haaland

Valdimarsson, Delap, Faes, Van den Berg

Gone for the big hitters and weak bench/defence for now. Will do Delap to a 4.5 ST and Sanchez to Raya in a couple weeks to cover Arsenal defence. ESR to Semyedo is tempting too eventually. We'll see what happens if Lewis gets benched but currently my only issue is not having Trent.

I'm hoping there will be some leaks of our lineup ahead of the deadline. If Amad starts, I start him and save the FT. If he's benched, I gotta sell Wood for Joao Pedro I guess.

Wc
Verbruggen
Saliba digne dunk
Palmer onana smith Rowe Salah
Haaland pedro havertz
Flekken winks mazraoui harwood

Option 2
Verbruggen
Konate digne keane /mazraoi
Palmer Diaz salah winks smith Rowe
Jackson haaland pedro

Last edited:
Henderson
Robertson Mazzraoui Porro
Saka Salah Eze Amad Semenyo
Haaland Pedro

Latest WC draft. Will probably change it around a few times yet.

Sanchez, Flekken
Havertz, Pedro, Haaland

Looking decent, except for no Trent/no triple Liverpool. Wouldn't trust Mazraoui or Robinson neither. Pau/Konsa has better fixtures. Not sold on rotating goalkeepers

In short, defence could need some work imo.

Wildcard draft no 2123214. Think I've found a solution that only requires 1-2 transfers in over the next couple of GWs. Or none if I'm cold and trust in Mitoma, but I probably can't contain myself.

Raya
Robertson-Pau-Lewis-Trent
-Bednarek
Rogers-Mitoma-Salah-Mbeumo-Franca
Joao-Havertz-Haaland

Bolded will play in GW4, then switch Mbeumo in for Lewis in GW5. One good bench player should be enough in case Lewis don't play or something similar.

Transfers: (2 saved up)
GW6: Might go Mitoma for Semenyo (1 transfer) or downgrade Salah+Mitoma to Saka+Luiz Dias (2 transfers). That way I'll have 3 Arsenal+3 Liverpool in GW6,7,8.

Thoughts?

Looking decent, except for no Trent/no triple Liverpool. Wouldn't trust Mazraoui or Robinson neither. Pau/Konsa has better fixtures. Not sold on rotating goalkeepers

In short, defence could need some work imo.
Cheers.

A few tweaks has me with;

Allison, Flekken (figured to keep him since Kellher is £4.4m)
TAA, Porro, Robinson, Saliba, Greaves
Salah, Eze, ESR, Rogers, Semenyo
Delap, Pedro, Haaland

I have £1.4m ITB for can switch things up a bit still.

Will make final decisions tomorrow after the press conferences but looking to see what the options might be.