Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

No. Only for Rashford which is going to be a big call. More likely he doesn't and instead starts all the cup games and off the bench in the league imo as much as i hate to say as Amad is clearly better than Rashford.

Does it matter FPL-wise? Amad will share minutes with Garnacho, Rashford and Antony either way.
There are better options out there with more minutes and goalthreat in that pricerange. Rogers, Semenyo, Adama, Tavernier, Soucek, Minteh, McNeil, Onana, etc.

Amad is 21st in the league for 5,6M or below midfielders (9th for 5,1M or below) for xGi so far this season. Unfortnuately I think Amad is a 1 or 2 point train with the rare goal or assist.
So far this season:

Amad:
xG/90: 0,20
xA/90: 0,21
Minutes per game: 56
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 0,25
Shots per 90: 1,61 (including that 0,00 xG shot on Sunday)

Rogers:
xG/90: 0,12
xA/90: 0,33
Minutes per game: 90
xGi/game(90 minutes/game): 0,45
Shots per 90: 1,67

Semenyo:
xG/90: 0,67
xA/90: 0,60
Minutes per game: 90
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 1,27
Shots per 90: 5,67

Adama:
xG/90: 0,25
xA/90: 0,38
Minutes per game: 81
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 0,57
Shots per 90: 2,60

Soucek:
xG/90: 1,06
xA/90: 0,09
Minutes per game: 67
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 0,86
Shots per 90: 4,57

I'm just trying to determine whether to transfer Amad or not really. I've only got the 5m from him to spend if I do hence the hesitation.

I need/want to go Son > Salah and Isak > Pedro, which is a net profit of 0.2 ITB at the moment. Any chance both Salah and Pedro increase in price between now and the next deadline that I won't be able to afford that anymore?

Don't like to make transfers this early during an international break.

There's a chance that Salah goes up again tonight yes. I had a panic last night after realising I hadn't put him in yet but survived as only Semenyo went up it seems. Isak is close to a drop as well.

I need/want to go Son > Salah and Isak > Pedro, which is a net profit of 0.2 ITB at the moment. Any chance both Salah and Pedro increase in price between now and the next deadline that I won't be able to afford that anymore?

Don't like to make transfers this early during an international break.
Salah will rise tonight and there's a big chance of both rising again. A lot of managers will go Son/Saka + Isak to Salah + Pedro the next week, and has made and will make that move against the "no early transfers" prinsiple to avoid getting priced out.

No need to WC that imo.
Palmer/Isak to Salah/Pedro and you're good to go.
Hmm need to ponder on that. I wanted Palmer for their run coming up so it might be Saka who makes way. Any chance any of their price changes before the deadline? Didn't realise Pedro is already at 5.7m :lol:

There's a chance that Salah goes up again tonight yes. I had a panic last night after realising I hadn't put him in yet but survived as only Semenyo went up it seems. Isak is close to a drop as well.

Salah will rise tonight and there's a big chance of both rising again. A lot of managers will go Son/Saka + Isak to Salah + Pedro the next week, and has made and will make that move against the "no early transfers" prinsiple to avoid getting priced out.
Cheers guys, just made the switch. Annoying that Pedro is already at 5.7 but it is what it is.

Also still thinking about moving Gabriel for TAA or VVD/Robertson given their fixtures and Liverpool's two easy-ish home games, but I had previously said to myself that I wouldn't touch the Arsenal defender for an entire season. Guess I can still think on that one for the upcoming two weeks.

Cheers guys, just made the switch. Annoying that Pedro is already at 5.7 but it is what it is.

Also still thinking about moving Gabriel for TAA or VVD/Robertson given their fixtures and Liverpool's two easy-ish home games, but I had previously said to myself that I wouldn't touch the Arsenal defender for an entire season. Guess I can still think on that one for the upcoming two weeks.
If you think you'll gain the -4 and probably another transfer in GW6 it should be worth it. Not worth an early transfer though and can wait till close to deadline.

Saka/Eze/Pedro or Palmer/ Mitoma/Strand Larsen?

First looks better, but Palmer looks like he could take off this season

first generally but arsenals next two fixtures tough?
Yeah that is playing on my mind, plus they share everything out over there, whilst Palmer is central to everything at Chelsea. Brighton have had some tough opening games and come through them well so definitley want cover there, and whilst Pedro is flavour of the month, he will eventually be rotated once Ferguson returns, whereas Mitoma is almost guaranteed each week

Saka/Eze/Pedro or Palmer/ Mitoma/Strand Larsen?

First looks better, but Palmer looks like he could take off this season
I think both trios looks good, but:

Pedro vs. Strand Larsen:
Pedro has the fixtures now (and the pens), while JSL should become a nice alternative from GW 9/10.

Eze vs. Mitoma:
Both have a great fixture next GW. Eze is the talisman, Mitoma one of many in that Brighton team.

Saka vs. Palmer:
Both have overachieved their expected assists to an unsustainable level (dependant on team mates finishing their chances)
Saka 3 assists from 0,7 expected assists
Palmer 4 assists from 1,0 expected assists
Palmer has better fixtures the next two, before Saka has a couple of really good ones.

Why not keep Eze and Pedro and move Saka to Palmer as a two week punt?

I think both trios looks good, but:

Pedro vs. Strand Larsen:
Pedro has the fixtures now (and the pens), while JSL should become a nice alternative from GW 9/10.

Eze vs. Mitoma:
Both have a great fixture next GW. Eze is the talisman, Mitoma one of many in that Brighton team.

Saka vs. Palmer:
Both have overachieved their expected assists to an unsustainable level (dependant on team mates finishing their chances)
Saka 3 assists from 0,7 expected assists
Palmer 4 assists from 1,0 expected assists
Palmer has better fixtures the next two, before Saka has a couple of really good ones.

Why not keep Eze and Pedro and move Saka to Palmer as a two week punt?
Funds otherwise that would be ideal

EDIT: Just checked and I can go Saka to Palmer and drop Porro down to Konate keeping Eze and Pedro. Might be the best shout for a couple of weeks actually.

This 5 FTs is a game changer. I had 2 transfers going into the international break and decided to make 8 changes so I played the WC. So my team is pretty set for at least the next 3-4 weeks. I can hopefully roll 3 more transfers and make 5 transfers in 3 weeks when Arsenal and Brentford schedule changes.

Not leapt in to gain price changes.

But main issues are having Rashy, Bartolo and no Salah.

Could get to Salah in 2 freebies sacrificing Saka

Sod it, going with Salah and Pedro in now.

Considered Diaz instead of Salah but 3 big scores for Salah in a row and good fixtures, how many more warnings are needed!

Plus we all know there is no substitute for the main big player at a club, we've all tried to skimp round it before, like with Jota over Salah this year!

Salah didn't go up in the end, so there wasn't the rush there appeared!
Should have remembered wildcards warp the figures. Oh well, can forget about it for a week and a half.

Thinking something like

£4.5m £4m
TAA Gabriel £4.5m £4.5m £4m
Salah Saka Eze Minteh Rogers
Haaland J.Pedro £4.5m

Eze and Minteh to Mbeumo and Semenyo in GW6

Thinking something like

£4.5m £4m
TAA Gabriel £4.5m £4.5m £4m
Salah Saka Eze Minteh Rogers
Haaland J.Pedro £4.5m

Eze and Minteh to Mbeumo and Semenyo in GW6

I like the balance in terms of finances there, the 5 legit midfielders and a 4.5 third choice forward.

Only my 2nd season playing and I was doing well in the first half of the season with that sort of squad setup last year. Might just have been coincedence, but around Christmas time I ended up making bad decisions then my 2nd wildcard saw me shift away from that too and I dropped off.

It was a lot easier last season though with Cameron Archer a regular at 4.5 up front even if he was crap. Semenyo was classed as a forward last season too and he emerged to help things out.

Would love to get back to that again even though I'm doing ok so far this season with a different look. Shame there's no 4.5m starting forwards around yet, I think it's a good way to go.

Last edited:
WC draft 2:

Henderson
Robertson - Digne - Robinson
Salah - Adama - Eze - Palmer - L.Diaz
Haaland - Pedro

After 2-3 game weeks,
Palmer —>Saka
Diaz—> Mbuemo
Adama —> Semenyo and
Robertson —> Saliba

Thoughts people?

WC draft 2:

Henderson
Haaland - Pedro

After 2-3 game weeks,
Palmer —>Saka
Diaz—> Mbuemo
Adama —> Semenyo and
Robertson —> Saliba

Thoughts people?
Looks good, but I would consider these points:

I guess Pedro is a two week punt? He's now called up to join the Brazil squad, which means he'll play 01:30 AM Wednesday (16 hours flight back - 7/8 hours time difference) He has got two goals, but underlying stats suggests he's not as attacking as we like our striker picks to be. He's playing in a hydrid 8/10 role and has only had 3 shots (all from outside the box) besides his goals so far this season which were a late rebound agaisnt 10 men and absolute shambles defending from us.

Palmer is flagged. Might be nothing, but might also be something. Probably means there's at least some minutes risk there.

Adama. Fun pick. Will he outscore Rogers?

Diaz: Great start to the season (has he suddenly transformed into twice the player he was or will it end in the end?). Will return late from international duties with jet lag and little recovery time. Gakpo, Chiesa and Nunez all screaming for minutes.

Might be an absolute bomb of a team too of course, but anyway....

Is it worth getting Semenyo in early? His stats are crazy good and probably not sustainable but he certainly passed the eye test when I watched him v Newcastle. Also has those juicy OOP points this season being classed as a mid. Could probably start him against Chelsea as their defence aint exactly all that either.

Is it worth getting Semenyo in early? His stats are crazy good and probably not sustainable but he certainly passed the eye test when I watched him v Newcastle. Also has those juicy OOP points this season being classed as a mid. Could probably start him against Chelsea as their defence aint exactly all that either.
I got him in before last GW, and like you said the eyetest and stats support eachother. He's defo taken over the stick as main man after Solanke left the club. 90 min man at 5,6M being talisman for a midtable team should be the obvious enabler in most teams.

Players in similar clubs in similar roles:

Semenyo (5,6M):
90 minutes per game
5,67 shots per game
1,27 xGi/90

Mbeumo (7,1M):
90 minutes per game
2,00 shots per game
0,80 xGi/90

Eze (6,9M):
90 minutes per game
5,00 shots per game
0,47 xGi/90

MGW (6,5M)
90 minutes per game
3,00 shots per game
0,64 xGi/90

Bowen (7,5M)
85 minutes per game
1,04 shots per game
0,45 xGi/90

Anyone stand out? ;)

I got him in before last GW, and like you said the eyetest and stats support eachother. He's defo taken over the stick as main man after Solanke left the club. 90 min man at 5,6M being talisman for a midtable team should be the obvious enabler in most teams.

Players in similar clubs in similar roles:

Semenyo (5,6M):
90 minutes per game
5,67 shots per game
1,27 xGi/90

Mbeumo (7,1M):
90 minutes per game
2,00 shots per game
0,80 xGi/90

Eze (6,9M):
90 minutes per game
5,00 shots per game
0,47 xGi/90

MGW (6,5M)
90 minutes per game
3,00 shots per game
0,64 xGi/90

Bowen (7,5M)
85 minutes per game
1,04 shots per game
0,45 xGi/90

Anyone stand out? ;)
The stats are definitely there. Personally I just really feel it's hard to tell whether 3 games is enough to put any trust in him or his numbers. Who's really to say this is not just overperformance and he'll regress to the mean, meaning the next 3 or 6 fixtures will be mediocre.

The con of thinking like me is that I'll never get on the cheap performing players early enough to make a difference, but I think I'll be conservative on Semenyo a couple of games more.

WC draft 2:

Henderson
Haaland - Pedro

After 2-3 game weeks,
Palmer —>Saka
Diaz—> Mbuemo
Adama —> Semenyo and
Robertson —> Saliba

Thoughts people?
Initially I also wildcarded and mostly to get Luiz Diaz back in, but I have my worries he'll be back late from the internationals and Gakpo will start instead of him next game. Then you got AC Milan squeezed in, where I think Slot will play Luiz Diaz as he's the preferred guy - I have my doubts he'll get more than 60-70 minutes or even worse 30 minutes at times, so I think I'll go for Trent+Salah and a third Liverpool defender or Allison

The stats are definitely there. Personally I just really feel it's hard to tell whether 3 games is enough to put any trust in him or his numbers. Who's really to say this is not just overperformance and he'll regress to the mean, meaning the next 3 or 6 fixtures will be mediocre.

The con of thinking like me is that I'll never get on the cheap performing players early enough to make a difference, but I think I'll be conservative on Semenyo a couple of games more.
The charm with Semenyo though is that he is 5,6M in contrast to the other similar profiles. If he's not your 8th attacker you can easily rotate him. The risk is minimal. Don't be surprised if he outscores Mbeumo, Eze and the entire 6,5 bracket this season.
I also think Rogers still is a good pick and will start ticking points soon (not like Semenyo, but still good for a 5,1 enabler)

The charm with Semenyo though is that he is 5,6M in contrast to the other similar profiles. If he's not your 8th attacker you can easily rotate him. The risk is minimal. Don't be surprised if he outscores Mbeumo, Eze and the entire 6,5 bracket this season.
I also think Rogers still is a good pick and will start ticking points soon (not like Semenyo, but still good for a 5,1 enabler)
Both Eze and Mbeumo is on penalties and some set pieces, so it’s tough to make the same numbers, but yeah he’s great value if he just gets to anything close.

Mbeumo I feel you can count on. Always happens theough him with Brentford.

I think the best £4.5m keepers are comfortably Verbruggen and Flekken, given the number of saves likely made and their role in build-up meaning more BPS accumulated.

I think the best £4.5m keepers are comfortably Verbruggen and Flekken, given the number of saves likely made and their role in build-up meaning more BPS accumulated.

Yeah I've got Flekken, Brentford only have 1 other gk and he's 4m so means even with an injury to him I don't need to make a transfer

I'm 0.1 short of this, which I really like:

Allison
Gabriel, Porro, Lewis
Eze, Mbuemo, Salah, Semenyo
Haaland, Joao Pedro, Havertz

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Bednarek

Anyone think of how I can find that extra 0.1?

Also, is Havertz/Mbuemo enough cover for Saka/Jackson? That's the only way I can get a balanced team like this...

I'm 0.1 short of this, which I really like:

Allison
Gabriel, Porro, Lewis
Eze, Mbuemo, Salah, Semenyo
Haaland, Joao Pedro, Havertz

Subs: Vald, Rogers, Robinson, Bednarek

Anyone think of how I can find that extra 0.1?

Also, is Havertz/Mbuemo enough cover for Saka/Jackson? That's the only way I can get a balanced team like this...
Adingra instead of Semenyo?

Maybe, maybe not but I wouldn’t say it’s a mile away

Looks good, but I would consider these points:

I guess Pedro is a two week punt? He's now called up to join the Brazil squad, which means he'll play 01:30 AM Wednesday (16 hours flight back - 7/8 hours time difference) He has got two goals, but underlying stats suggests he's not as attacking as we like our striker picks to be. He's playing in a hydrid 8/10 role and has only had 3 shots (all from outside the box) besides his goals so far this season which were a late rebound agaisnt 10 men and absolute shambles defending from us.

Palmer is flagged. Might be nothing, but might also be something. Probably means there's at least some minutes risk there.

Adama. Fun pick. Will he outscore Rogers?

Diaz: Great start to the season (has he suddenly transformed into twice the player he was or will it end in the end?). Will return late from international duties with jet lag and little recovery time. Gakpo, Chiesa and Nunez all screaming for minutes.

Might be an absolute bomb of a team too of course, but anyway....
Good point about Pedro. Palmer not worried at all. Diaz maybe. I still think he starts. But Adama outscoring Rogers? He has already out scored him and can see him being more effective as well in the next 2-3 weeks.