Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Yep basically that's the decision I'm making (Havertz and Trent over Saka and £4.5 def). More of a differential in my leagues and Havertz is consistently getting 90 minutes now. When Arsenal's fixtures turn I might even consider Salah > Saka and triple up though I'm more likely to double on their defence again in all honesty and sacrifice Trent.

Fully expecting this wildcard to backfire immediately as well with at least 2 of Bruno, Isak, Son or Jota hauling because that's just what happens. For my own sanity though I have to lose any United players and Spurs and Newcastle don't look all that.
Yeah, we're similar here although Saka is on pens over Havertz, which is why I like him. I just wish Arsenal didn't have two tough fixtures upcoming, would have made it easier.

Don't rule out Porro though, man's been playing like a striker :lol:

Yeah, we're similar here although Saka is on pens over Havertz, which is why I like him. I just wish Arsenal didn't have two tough fixtures upcoming, would have made it easier.

Don't rule out Porro though, man's been playing like a striker :lol:

True. Might try and get him in to cover Spurs attack :lol:

Played my wildcard after a pretty horrific second week where I took out Palmer's big haul and Gordon's 10 points for a hit!

Got a good score this week but would've scored higher if I didn't wildcard :lol: Probably worth it for the massive difference in team value though, most of the players I had last week dropped and I replaced them for a few who rose so it's about a million more than it would've been had I not played the wildcard.

True. Might try and get him in to cover Spurs attack :lol:
That's literally his purpose in my team. It depends how many attacking returns you feel Gabriel/Saliba will get. Might be better to go Raya to cover the clean sheets and Porro in defence (£10m total expenditure) vs. Gab/Sal and a 4.5 defender. The extra 0.5 is giving you Arsenal clean sheets and Porro's imitation of van Nistelrooy.

I'm wondering if Jackson can cover no Havertz, that would sort all my issues out. My worry is that Chelsea are so bloated that Jackson can easily be dropped or have minutes managed.

That's literally his purpose in my team. It depends how many attacking returns you feel Gabriel/Saliba will get. Might be better to go Raya to cover the clean sheets and Porro in defence (£10m total expenditure) vs. Gab/Sal and a 4.5 defender. The extra 0.5 is giving you Arsenal clean sheets and Porro's imitation of van Nistelrooy.

I'm wondering if Jackson can cover no Havertz, that would sort all my issues out. My worry is that Chelsea are so bloated that Jackson can easily be dropped or have minutes managed.

I was fully onboard with Raya a month or so back until that preseason game where both Saliba and Gabriel scored. Hmmm, maybe time to revisit though. Would solve the gk headache as well because I don't really want Henderson and no idea who to move him on for at that price.

I was fully onboard with Raya a month or so back until that preseason game where both Saliba and Gabriel scored. Hmmm, maybe time to revisit though. Would solve the gk headache as well because I don't really want Henderson and no idea who to move him on for at that price.
The best 4.5 GK is Flekken, I see that now. He makes lots of saves but their fixtues are awful. I want to just leave my team and think about it in a week but with the mad price changes every night, I feel like I need to at least get to a team I'm happy with.

Currently on:

Allison (will become Raya after 2 weeks)
Porro, Robinson, Mazaroui
Saka, Eze, Salah, Onana
Haaland, Pedro, Jackson

Subs: Fabianski, Rogers, Bednarek, Wolfenden

Just made the same move.
No brainer for me
I did it last night, before the price changes. Gives me +0.4 in the bank and another big reason I went for it is that I already had ESR and Robinson from Fulham. I want to avoid having 3 players from the same mid-table team when they have difficult fixtures coming up.

It'll be a tough international break. Will sit tight and patiently do nothing while Bailey will drop (probably multiple times) and watch Mbeumo rise a couple of times. Will not abandon the plan of saving transfers for GW6 and will stick with Muniz despite looking meh and Pedro being the obvious choice as 7th/8th attacker going forward......for now.

Those 3pm matches on Saturday was just killing me: Bailey out at 15min with injury, Ajer out at 30 min with injury and Flekken losing his CS at the death of the game.

Ended up with a good score in the end because of Salah+Haaland combo and Eze+Isak finally returning.
Happy with being just inside the top million at this stage of the season.

Tempted to use wildcard now but then again my team is not awful. I probably need to get rid of Bruno and CHO but have Haaland, Salah, TAA, and I think Muniz is bound to eventually come good with the amount of chances he gets.

Having Haaland isn’t going to make you rise up quickly in ranks cause he is already owned by 65% of the game. Salah is still owned by less than 40%. Scored over 80 points the last 2 weeks but still played my WC to get him in and made a total of 8 changes to keep the momentum going hopefully.

Having Haaland isn’t going to make you rise up quickly in ranks cause he is already owned by 65% of the game. Salah is still owned by less than 40%. Scored over 80 points the last 2 weeks but still played my WC to get him in and made a total of 8 changes to keep the momentum going hopefully.
Haaland doesnt help you rise up but sure as hell prevents you from falling into the abyss.

He's a great striker playing for one of the best teams in the world who also happen to love attacking. He's a no-brainer whatever the price.

Haaland doesnt help you rise up but sure as hell prevents you from falling into the abyss.

He's a great striker playing for one of the best teams in the world who also happen to love attacking. He's a no-brainer whatever the price.
Oh I totally get it. I have Haaland. I didn’t mean it like you need him in the game but just for an ownership perspective he isn’t a differential like in preseason when only 30% had him.

Oh I totally get it. I have Haaland. I didn’t mean it like you need him in the game but just for an ownership perspective he isn’t a differential like in preseason when only 30% had him.
Yeah totally. Glad I had him from the start but then the Salah only drafts didnt lose out as he got similar points. The big winners were the ones that had them both. After this weekend, expect many teams to have them both and suddenly both start blanking, such is the way with FPL.

Planning on wildcard. No Salah is killing my rank.

This is my current team :
Flekken, Valdi
Saliba, Porro, Mazraoui, Robinson, Johnson
Saka, Palmer, Jota, Amad, Yarmo
Haaland, Isak, Wood

WC draft :
Sanchez, Fabianski
Robertson, Robinson, Konsa, Mazraoui, Johnson
Salah, Palmer, Rogers, Iroegbunam, Minteh
Haaland, Watkins, Pedro

Chelsea and Aston Villa fixtures are too good to pass up on their players. And can't go without Salah anymore with their run coming up too.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Yeah totally. Glad I had him from the start but then the Salah only drafts didnt lose out as he got similar points. The big winners were the ones that had them both. After this weekend, expect many teams to have them both and suddenly both start blanking, such is the way with FPL.
It's basically insurance now. If they blank and you have them > both of them hauling but you're missing one

I'm making the same transfer with Isak for Havertz, at the same time that you are planning it.

Great minds think alike!

Good time to do it. The Spurs match isn't so bad for Havertz or Arsenal attackers, but that City game potentially is. The Arsenal and City games were extremely cagey last season, Arsenal registering just 0.51 and 0.39 xG in the 2 fixtures.

Newcastle not exactly looking potent, and even though both of Isak's next 2 are away too, neither of Fulham and Wolves stand out defensively. Maybe Wolves do in the wrong way for them so far but definitely the better fixtures.

Can’t really complain after three GWs around 80 points and all chips still intact. Going Haaland + Salah seemed a good choice, although many other mistakes were made and I’m left with only one FT and not so great squad for the international break. Many of my rivals are on 3FTs already and about to do a mini-WC now or after GW6, when fixtures change for many teams.

Guess it’s another 2 GWs without Arsenal coverage for me, this is going to be stressful even if they fixtures are bad, no Saka is killing me. I’ll probably have a defender, Saka and Havertz for GW7.

Don’t know what to do with Wood - served me great but will have shitty fixtures now. I might bench him for Amad hoping our lad starts against Southampton (will he???)

WC draft:

Henderson
TAA - Robinson - Digne
Salah - Semenyo - Adama - Diaz
Haaland - Jackson - Pedro

OR

Henderson
Robertson - Robinson - Digne
Salah - Semenyo - Eze - Diaz

Subs: Mbeumo, Leif Davis as playing options.

WC draft:

Henderson
TAA - Robinson - Digne

OR

Henderson

One is the obvious pick it would seem but I personally prefer two. TAA and Robertson will be the same most weeks (apart from when TAA scores). Their assist numbers aren't too different I would assume (although havent checked). Eze should easily outscore Adama and also on pens.

WC draft:

Henderson
TAA - Robinson - Digne

OR

Henderson

Eze seems like a must, and it looks like you have 1m in bank as the second draft is more expensive. I’d try to downgrade elsewhere and have both TAA and Eze on a WC, but perhaps Robertson is a good option too - he seems to be taking more set pieces under Slot.

One is the obvious pick it would seem but I personally prefer two. TAA and Robertson will be the same most weeks (apart from when TAA scores). Their assist numbers aren't too different I would assume (although havent checked). Eze should easily outscore Adama and also on pens.

Eze seems like a must, and it looks like you have 1m in bank as the second draft is more expensive. I’d try to downgrade elsewhere and have both TAA and Eze on a WC, but perhaps Robertson is a good option too - he seems to be taking more set pieces under Slot.
Robbos expected assists is 0.14 per 90 while Trent is 0.62 per 90. Trent is significantly better this season and almost scored against us too. Eze I understand. Might take out Mbuemo for the next 2 weeks and bring him back.

Anyone understand what happens with price changes if you activate the WC?

Do you get price rises? Even though (under WC chip) you could still change that player?
Obviously any player you transfer out with a .1 value will be wiped out and you'll only get .0 value for it. So if you transfer saka out in the wc and then change your mind you can't bring him back again unless you can afford the 0.1 again.

Robbos expected assists is 0.14 per 90 while Trent is 0.62 per 90. Trent is significantly better this season and almost scored against us too. Eze I understand. Might take out Mbuemo for the next 2 weeks and bring him back.
Maybe downgrading Jackson is the way to go? But yeah Mbuemo has some terrible fixtures at the moment, I’m surely jumping on his bandwagon but only after they face the heavyweights (it is maybe a bit ridiculous to call spurs a heavyweight, but it’s a difficult away fixture)

Palmer over Saka in the WC? Can only have one...

Rest of the draft identical?

Probably Palmer, already shown a higher ceiling than Saka in his one year and has better fixtures for the next 2 GWs at least. Arsenal's games do turn for GW 6-8 followed by a slightly harder one from 9-11. From week 12 onwards they're golden. Palmer overall the better looking asset I'd say though, fixures don't really matter to him in his career so far.

One small consideration - what would the extra funds for taking Saka potentially mean? If you had Joao Pedro too for example, there's not too many places to go if he got injured at his price point if taking Palmer. If you went Saka your choice might be Wood up front with the ability to switch to Pedro at any time, or Pedro up front with funds in the bank to bring Wood in if Pedro got injured. Just an example but think that's something to think about on occasion.

At the same time don't want to go too far with that. Money in the bank is not earning you points for your team when it comes down to it.

Last edited:
Rest of the draft identical?

Probably Palmer, already shown a higher ceiling than Saka in his one year and has better fixtures for the next 2 GWs at least. Arsenal's games do turn for GW 6-8 followed by a slightly harder one from 9-11. From week 12 onwards they're golden. Palmer overall the better looking asset I'd say though, fixures don't really matter to him in his career so far.

One small consideration - what would the extra funds for taking Saka potentially mean? If you had Joao Pedro too for example, there's not too many places to go if he got injured at his price point if taking Palmer. If you went Saka your choice might be Wood up front with the ability to switch to Pedro at any time, or Pedro up front with funds in the bank to bring Wood in if Pedro got injured. Just an example but think that's something to think about on occasion.

At the same time don't want to go too far with that. Money in the bank is not earning you points for your team when it comes down to it.
Thanks mate. Yeah i have nowhere to go really, though do have Pedro. If i took Saka it would mean having Rogers (home vs Everton) for GW4 and benching Mbuemo vs City. If i take Palmer then Mbuemo starts in my team and Rogers becomes Winks or the equivalent. Full budget bench if i go Palmer.

Maybe downgrading Jackson is the way to go? But yeah Mbuemo has some terrible fixtures at the moment, I’m surely jumping on his bandwagon but only after they face the heavyweights (it is maybe a bit ridiculous to call spurs a heavyweight, but it’s a difficult away fixture)
For the next three features Jackson is better than both Eze and Mbeumo. So I ll change Mbuemo to Eze. Once GW 6 is done I ll take out Jackson and Eze and bring in Saka and Mbuemo.

For the next three features Jackson is better than both Eze and Mbeumo. So I ll change Mbuemo to Eze. Once GW 6 is done I ll take out Jackson and Eze and bring in Saka and Mbuemo.
Makes a lot of sense and sounds like moves I’d make myself, good luck.

Team for next week(s).

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Robinson (Ajer, Faes)
Salah, Eze, Semenyo, Rogers (Bailey)
Haland(c), Isak, Muniz

0,9M ITB and 1 free transfer.

Plan is to stick with this crew through GW5 as well and use my 3 free transfers then to go to this for GW6:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Gabriel, Ajer (Robinson, Faes)
Saka, Eze, Semenyo, Bailey (Rogers)
Haaland, Havertz, Isak

0,7ish M ITB

Thoughts?

Planning on wildcard. No Salah is killing my rank.

This is my current team :
Flekken, Valdi
Saliba, Porro, Mazraoui, Robinson, Johnson
Saka, Palmer, Jota, Amad, Yarmo
Haaland, Isak, Wood

WC draft :
Sanchez, Fabianski
Robertson, Robinson, Konsa, Mazraoui, Johnson
Salah, Palmer, Rogers, Iroegbunam, Minteh
Haaland, Watkins, Pedro

Chelsea and Aston Villa fixtures are too good to pass up on their players. And can't go without Salah anymore with their run coming up too.

Any thoughts from anyone?

No need to WC that imo.
Palmer/Isak to Salah/Pedro and you're good to go.

No need to WC that imo.
Palmer/Isak to Salah/Pedro and you're good to go.
I need/want to go Son > Salah and Isak > Pedro, which is a net profit of 0.2 ITB at the moment. Any chance both Salah and Pedro increase in price between now and the next deadline that I won't be able to afford that anymore?

Don't like to make transfers this early during an international break.

Do we think Amad will come back in for Garnacho?
No. Only for Rashford which is going to be a big call. More likely he doesn't and instead starts all the cup games and off the bench in the league imo as much as i hate to say as Amad is clearly better than Rashford.

Do we think Amad will come back in for Garnacho?
Does it matter FPL-wise? Amad will share minutes with Garnacho, Rashford and Antony either way.
There are better options out there with more minutes and goalthreat in that pricerange. Rogers, Semenyo, Adama, Tavernier, Soucek, Minteh, McNeil, Onana, etc.

Amad is 21st in the league for 5,6M or below midfielders (9th for 5,1M or below) for xGi so far this season. Unfortnuately I think Amad is a 1 or 2 point train with the rare goal or assist.
So far this season:

Amad:
xG/90: 0,20
xA/90: 0,21
Minutes per game: 56
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 0,25
Shots per 90: 1,61 (including that 0,00 xG shot on Sunday)

Rogers:
xG/90: 0,12
xA/90: 0,33
Minutes per game: 90
xGi/game(90 minutes/game): 0,45
Shots per 90: 1,67

Semenyo:
xG/90: 0,67
xA/90: 0,60
Minutes per game: 90
xGi/game(56 minutes/game): 1,27
Shots per 90: 5,67