Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Its ok, I used my wildcard and have decided to have no Salah or Haaland for the whole season.

It truly sucks to see literally every City goal go in and the Haaland name pop up, but so be it.

The game loses some of its appeal when everyone just captain's the same player for like 95% of the time and everyone just ends up hoping two or three differentials makes or breaks your season.

Enjoy FPL but enjoy football more, so on a weekend when im out ill remove the City game from my FlashScores favourites so I dont see what that one trick pony side are doing !

I could very well finish bottom of my leagues this season :)

Up to 54 now with the bonus points, but the average is only 30 points, so that's comforting

Whoever doesn’t have Haaland you better play a WC and bring him in. His price will go up. Ownership is already above 60%. Can’t believe I contemplated going without him to start the season.

Nah, wildcarding just for Haaland would be a massive overreaction.

It's not like him scoring goals is a surprise, the bet was (presumably) that the other cheaper premiums you have instead will also score goals and you'll captain them instead. There's not much point balking now just as players like Salah and Palmer actually have three better fixtures ahead (assuming you have players like that instead).

GW7 on the other hand, definitely bring Haaland in for.

49 with 5 still to play isn’t bad, but could have been so much better if every defensive player I have hadn’t dropped points.

Worried that Jota/Bruno will cancel each other out tomorrow, can see that being cagey. I’m secretly hoping for a goal fest that we manage to edge.

It's not like him scoring goals is a surprise, the bet was (presumably) that the other cheaper premiums you have instead will also score goals and you'll captain them instead. There's not much point balking now just as players like Salah and Palmer have three better fixtures ahead (assuming you have players like that instead).

Well this is it. I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks but if I'm losing ground I might have to WC for GW 7.

It's not like him scoring goals is a surprise, the bet was (presumably) that the other cheaper premiums you have instead will also score goals and you'll captain them instead. There's not much point balking now just as players like Salah and Palmer actually have three better fixtures ahead (assuming you have players like that instead).

Why wait? Because of Arsenal at home and Newcastle away?

I’d say Chelsea away and West Ham away are broadly similar to those two and he scored four.

@Withnail … wait if you want but with two WCs and up to five rolled up tfrs, I don’t think the old tactic of “not rushing to use a WC” is as pertinent any more. Especially while that robot is racking up so many points and ownership/price rising. (Not advice, just a comment).

I’d say Chelsea away and West Ham away are broadly similar to those two and he scored four.

@Withnail … wait if you want but with two WCs and up to five rolled up tfrs, I don’t think the old tactic of “not rushing to use a WC” is as pertinent any more. Especially while that robot is racking up so many points and ownership/price rising. (Not advice, just a comment).

Depending on who you currently have instead, yes.

For example, say you have Salah & TAA instead of Haaland and a 4.5 defender. Liverpool face Forest, Bournmeouth and Wolves next, and Salah is probably the on-paper best captain for two of those three weeks.

Which means you likely get more points over the next three weeks by sticking with what you have rather than switching, even without including the cost of using fts or a wildcard.

Obviously if you have other problems then a wildcard might be worthwile anyway, but I definitely wouldn't use it just because of Haaland.

Depending on who you currently have instead, yes.

For example, say you have Salah & TAA instead of Haaland and a 4.5 defender. Liverpool face Forest, Bournmeouth and Wolves next, and Salah is probably the on-paper best captain for two of those three weeks.

Which means you likely get more points over the next three weeks by sticking with what you have rather than switching, even without including the cost of using fts or a wildcard.

Obviously if you have other problems then a wildcard might be worthwile anyway, but I definitely wouldn't use it just because of Haaland.
If Withnail has that specific example, then yes….no.

(Edit. If he WCs, won’t matter)

Last edited:
What is the story with van den Berg? They payed 25 mil to keep him on the bench? I need one 4 mil on the bench and would go for him but Pinnock and Collins seem nailed as starters?

What is the story with van den Berg? They payed 25 mil to keep him on the bench? I need one 4 mil on the bench and would go for him but Pinnock and Collins seem nailed as starters?
Bogarde for Villa could be a good shout whilst Cash is out injured. He started today. But if you want a guaranteed 90 minute 4.0m defender then Greaves is a banker. I doubt Ipswich will keep many clean sheets though.

If Withnail has that specific example, then yes….no.

(Edit. If he WCs, won’t matter)

Thanks mate well I'll see how the weekend pans out. So far I've done better than most of the lads in me work league who have Haaland but if he keeps racking up hat tricks (which to be honest he won't, surely not?!) I'll have to reconsider. But looking at the next few fixtures it's GW7 I'd for it where City have a good run and it might be madness to leave him out by then.

My team currently is as follows:

Thanks mate well I'll see how the weekend pans out. So far I've done better than most of the lads in me work league who have Haaland but if he keeps racking up hat tricks (which to be honest he won't, surely not?!) I'll have to reconsider. But looking at the next few fixtures it's GW7 I'd for it where City have a good run and it might be madness to leave him out by then.

Solid team. Muniz was an early draft option for me… not done much yet? Isak the same but last season showed what he can do once he clicks.

Solid team. Muniz was an early draft option for me… not done much yet? Isak the same but last season showed what he can do once he clicks.

Yeah I think I'm good for now. I'm quite invested in the non Haaland non Salah team this year. Captaincy is an issue but I got quite bored of the templateness of last year.

I'm thinking Isak will come good. Muniz was more of a punt after Solanke looked well off the pace and I needed to upgrade Bruno.

A LOT change prices will happen today. So, who is doing WC, it is time now (and have 2 weeks to change other stuff).

Just thinking… if you (anyone) presses WC now, you can take advantage of price rises?

https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-price-rises

A LOT change prices will happen today. So, who is doing WC, it is time now (and have 2 weeks to change other stuff).
I've activated my wildcard due to most of my players bar Haaland doing very little. My first draft contains 2 Liverpool defenders as their next 3 fixtures look like straightforward wins.

Looking at that list there's a fair few I'd consider to be flash in the pans but I'm a little drunk and definitely don't have the mental capacity to make good decisions right now.
Drinking Guinness, watching a film and posting… most of my greatest decisions adventures involved drink.

Ahaland, Porro, Jota, Welbeck, ESR tonight… Havertz, Mbuemo, Robinson tomorrow.

Never really considered prices before this season but s9me swear by it. If WC tonight, pick these eight, is that £0.8m more in squad value in two days? Seems a lot and easy?

Tempted

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't wildcard that team.

If you want to bring Haaland in then around GW7 makes more sense, as aside from that being when a great run of fixtures starts for him it's also about when Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Fulham and Brighton have mediocre/bad fixtures.

Drinking Guinness, watching a film and posting… most of my greatest decisions adventures involved drink.

Ahaland, Porro, Jota, Welbeck, ESR tonight… Havertz, Mbuemo, Robinson tomorrow.

Never really considered prices before this season but s9me swear by it. If WC tonight, pick these eight, is that £0.8m more in squad value in two days? Seems a lot and easy?

Tempted

It's actually not that much of a hardship to get Haaland in, if I wanted to get the price risers with 1.3 in the bank to upgrade again tomorrow.

White--> Porro
Isak -> Haaland
Muniz -> Welbeck
Saka -> Madueke
Son -> ESR

ESR would definitely go to Mbuemo tomorrow and I have Havertz already. Losing Saka and Son seems like a hardship though.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't wildcard that team.

If you want to bring Haaland in then around GW7 makes more sense, as aside from that being when a great run of fixtures starts for him it's also about when Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle, Fulham and Brighton have mediocre/bad fixtures.

Thanks for the dose of sanity. Yeah I'll think about that the closer we get to Week 7. The WC this early seems a big risk. There'll be injuries and all sorts of bullshit throughout the season.

Only captain Haaland got me points. 2 pointers everywhere else. Gvardiol seems like a costly waste of space

Only captain Haaland got me points. 2 pointers everywhere else. Gvardiol seems like a costly waste of space
In a couple of gameweeks I might consider swapping him for Walker because we know one of him and Lewis will start at RB, with City more likely to get a CS with the former and more likely to get attacking returns with the latter.

But then that leaves you having to guess Guardiola's selection correctly every week. And in theory Stones could even come back into the fold and stake a claim to that position. Their ability to rotate almost everywhere on the pitch is just annoying.

Yeah, think I've talked myself out of that one..

Suicidal if you don’t have Haaland. Looks hungrier and better than ever, will break the records again if he stays fit and has no competition at striker, don’t see him being rested for barely a game this season tbh.

There’s no point in talking about fixture runs with him. He’s capable of scoring 3 against the best teams. Unless he gets injured he’s the only guaranteed player that’s staying in my team the entire season. I honestly don’t believe there’s any system or combination of players to justify not having him.

Suicidal if you don’t have Haaland. Looks hungrier and better than ever, will break the records again if he stays fit and has no competition at striker, don’t see him being rested for barely a game this season tbh.

There’s no point in talking about fixture runs with him. He’s capable of scoring 3 against the best teams. Unless he gets injured he’s the only guaranteed player that’s staying in my team the entire season. I honestly don’t believe there’s any system or combination of players to justify not having him.

He's capable of scoring a hat-trick in any game. But he obviously isn't actually going to score a hat-trick in every game.

And unless you are captaining him, you are paying a lot for every goal you get from him. So much so that it is inarguably incorrect to say there's no combination of players who can cover for him over a run when he's not being captained. You literally just have to count the points you get for what you are spending to see that.

Maybe you'll captain him against Brentford, Arsenal and Newcastle, in which case it doesn't matter as much. But a lot of people aren't going to captain him in those games even if they own him, as other players have better fixtures. And if you aren't going to captain him anyway then bringing him in right now makes little sense.

How the heck is a game against a title contender and a Newcastle who are strong at home in any way broadly similar to basket case Chelsea and West Ham games?:confused: