Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Out of curiosity, is this kind of price per point now an in-depth thing social FPL creators work around? I'm not massive on following the up to date trends, so genuinely curious. Do have a few on my twitter, but heavily for line up news - even then I miss a few!
Not really but it does have some sense.

Like if you can recreate Haaland in a more balanced team from PPV then great.

What you do by doing that though (in my view) is your constantly playing guess the right captain.

For me Haaland at least early game means I’m really unlikely to massively feck a GW up as my captain will probably return.

I can then take risks on the cheap players with good data (Semenyo etc)

And while I think Salah is brilliant (only 6 points worse than Haaland last season)

He was a bigger risk given new manager and there are also cheaper midfielders who aren’t a million miles off Salah (Saka/Palmer) whereas who is the next best striker?

So basically a waste of time not having Haarland as captain in your team

Muniz is a fraud. My biggest mistake so far i think. Gamble which didn't pay off. I think i am swtching him to Pedro.

Or maybe not.....
I reckon once he scores one he'll go on a run. He seems to get on the end of a lot of chances. It's just he keeps bloody missing right now!

Anyone having a great gameweek so far? I'm only on 47 with just 3 to play despite the Haaland captaincy :lol:

Anyone having a great gameweek so far? I'm only on 47 with just 3 to play despite the Haaland captaincy :lol:
58 with 5 to go. But 4 of them play against each other so I'm not expecting much returns from the remaining players.

58 with 5 to go. But 4 of them play against each other so I'm not expecting much returns from the remaining players.

You got any Pool players? I have Sánchez, Palmer and Isak left. Benched Jota and sold Trent because I'm gambling on Liverpool not winning tomorrow

So basically a waste of time not having Haarland as captain in your team
Yeah basically. It's FPL on easy mode. Captain the best striker from the best team in the league. Sit back, enjoy points. Only deviate from this plan in extraneous circumstances.

You got any Pool players? I have Sánchez, Palmer and Isak left. Benched Jota and sold Trent because I'm gambling on Liverpool not winning tomorrow
Only Jota from Pool. I have Porro, Isak, Palmer, Amad and Jota remaining.

“Spread the funds” FC, where are you tonight?

Bang on the average score, with my premium picks and captain still to play.

15m is a lot, even when the 15m pick (unfortunately) gets a hat-trick.

I'm on 44 with Haaland and Lewis the only ones not to blank today.

Got six playing tomorrow, but one of them is Henderson (so I can hope for a point there) and three of them are Liverpool (so I don't really want this GW to get too much better :lol:).

With no clean sheets for anyone today, is it fair to expect a relatively low average this week?

I reckon once he scores one he'll go on a run. He seems to get on the end of a lot of chances. It's just he keeps bloody missing right now!
I’m not moving off him while he’s staying central and getting the xG involvements.

Variance.

Fecking Haaland. The more he scores the more dedicated I am to No-Haaland. Hate this guy

Wouldn't be overly-dedicated, from GW7 on I'd definitely advise having him. Fulham, Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth is a nasty run.

Always start the season with Haaland. I'm sure there will be a point in the season where it'll be optimal to not have Haaland, but the start of the season where City only play 1 game per week with that fixture list was not the time.

Going to cheer you up with some bad maths. :lol: You need about 68 a week for a very nice score, plus some of those weeks are easier due to DGW/BB. That would give you 2584, enough for top 10k last year.

We get 12 players if counting the captain as 2 so with 9 down the target should be 51. You're not far off!

I'm on 55 with 5 to go. TAA, Porro, Eze, Jota, Isak.

31 with 6 to play.

Low numbers outside of Haaland. Rice and Arsenal conceding cost me.

Had friggin' Calvert-Lewin on the bench this week.

Southampton at home in week 9.

Could be an option. 3 days after an easy CL home game for them where he probably won't play the full 90.
I'm on 44 with Haaland and Lewis the only ones not to blank today.

Got six playing tomorrow, but one of them is Henderson (so I can hope for a point there) and three of them are Liverpool (so I don't really want this GW to get too much better :lol:).

With no clean sheets for anyone today, is it fair to expect a relatively low average this week?
No idea, I'm new to FPL, but I hope so :lol:

I really hope it won't be Liverpool that manages to keep a clean sheet this gameweek

Only Jota from Pool. I have Porro, Isak, Palmer, Amad and Jota remaining.

I hope Jota gets nothing tomorrow, other than him, good luck!

Going to cheer you up with some bad maths. :lol: You need about 68 a week for a very nice score, plus some of those weeks are easier due to DGW/BB. That would give you 2584, enough for top 10k last year.

We get 12 players if counting the captain as 2 so with 9 down the target should be 51. You're not far off!

I'm on 55 with 5 to go. TAA, Porro, Eze, Jota, Isak.

United needs to ruin your gameweek

Wouldn't be overly-dedicated, from GW7 on I'd definitely advise having him. Fulham, Wolves, Southampton and Bournemouth is a nasty run.
I think it's looking likely that I probably will need to sub him in sooner than later.

This current goalscoring rate isn't sustainable though. He'd get 89 league goals on current numbers. And I think for games where he is just getting a single goal he's not so worth it.

Let's see how the next few game weeks go!

I hope Jota gets nothing tomorrow, other than him, good luck!
Same. Good luck to you too! I hope Amad goes mental tomorrow and scores a hattrick. Would be wonderful way to go into the international break. *drool emoji*

Yeah think Lewis is a trap now. Won't be considering him on wildcard.
It feels like a weird one to me, as Guardiola seems to love him, but you would expect Walker to come in for the bigger games. And which if those two plays on the right dramatically affects how Gvardiol plays.

Since I've got Lewis and Gvardiol, I'll either have both starting with the latter hamstrung, or the former not starting at all. So something's gotta give eventually.

Whoever doesn’t have Haaland you better play a WC and bring him in. His price will go up. Ownership is already above 60%. Can’t believe I contemplated going without him to start the season.

Whoever doesn’t have Haaland you better play a WC and bring him in. His price will go up. Ownership is already above 60%. Can’t believe I contemplated going without him to start the season.

My first draft didn't have him, thought he was too expensive at 15 :lol:

Red arrows in all my mini leagues but somehow I have an above average score. 36 with Palmer (captain), Solanke (Mykolenko with 1pt to come in), Jota and Porro to go.

Essentially banking on at least two returns from Palmer to have a respectable week.