Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Just 23 so far. Benching Pedro for the bums ESR/Rogers was madness. Desperately need Terminator to go big now.

Does it though or is that just yet another knee jerk reaction from a single week?

Last week it was budget midfielders all the rage. Almost like we haven't got enough information yet.
Spot on, people declaring what the "clear" way is not even 3 full game weeks in is hilariously silly.

If Isak bangs tomorrow it changes the narrative straight away.

Budget keepers, Flekken or Henderson, Budget defender Mykolenko and Budget Midfieldrs Rogers and ESR not doing it for me. Puts a lot of pressure on Haaland and Salah to score well every week.
Esr as my 4th definite playing mid doesn't feel great but it is early days.
He needs to rotate with someone really.

Just 23 so far. Benching Pedro for the bums ESR/Rogers was madness. Desperately need Terminator to go big now.

How many players used so far?

19 from 4 for me. Could have done without Flekken conceding late.

A huge stroke of luck though, accidentally started Pedro over Robinson. I made the move, must have forgotten to confirm.

Let's go Haaland!

Got to admit I overlooked him, was throwing his games not as a striker in there when looking at his stats.

It's 16 PL games up front for Arsenal, 10 goals, 8 assists now.

Yes, very good numbers. Merino’s arrival also further decreases his midfield minutes, if he was going to play there at all anyway.

Last edited:
Gambling on no Haaland for this run of games may not have been a good decision.

I'm still near the top of my work league, none of us are any good, so we'll see how the rest of the GW goes before I make any drastic decisions.

I'm still near the top of my work league, none of us are any good, so we'll see how the rest of the GW goes before I make any drastic decisions.
Same. I am FAR too stubborn and it shows in very unimportant yet revealing decisions like this! Still not getting him in mind.

We’re very similar. You went the same way as me on Semenyo (who looks a bargain in Solanke’s absence).

I’d be tempted to start Semenyo over Rogers as he’s got the data behind him. Rogers also has plenty of games to then impress with Wolves, Everton and Ipswich after. Then Semenyo can be a week. 6 or 7 option.

Essentially if you’ve brought him in you may aswell use him on his better fixture then go to Rogers and back.
@troylocker

Semenyo gang let’s go :cool:

Nah, it's fine.

He's a goal machine and will keep scoring. But his price means that he has to score a lot more than other players over that run to provide straight 1-to-1 value.

For example, if someone like Havertz scores you get 1.14 points for every 0.1m above the baseline you spent on him. When Haaland scores it's just 0.38 points per 0.1m.

Captaincy is what makes Haaland key, and most people would have other players as the best captain in maybe 3 of the next 4 gameweeks.

Love the idea that some people thought last week was the big risk to go without Haaland, then he bangs 2 in a first half v West Ham away

Nah, it's fine.

He's a goal machine and will keep scoring. But his price means that he has to score a lot more than other players over that run to provide straight 1-to-1 value.

For example, if someone like Havertz scores you get 1.14 points for every 0.1m above the baseline you spent on him. When Haaland scores it's just 0.38 points per 0.1m.

Captaincy is what makes Haaland key, and most people would have other players as the best captain in maybe 3 of the next 4 gameweeks.
Thing is there is a ton of value picks around Haaland who I'm sure produce over the odds. You can take Gordon, Mbuemo, Semeno as midfielders or say Robinson in defence.

Odegaard is such a shit pick for me. Haaland single handedly keeping me on pace. Having both him and Salah sort of guarantees I'm not doing too badly most weeks no matter if the rest don't hit

How many players used so far?

19 from 4 for me. Could have done without Flekken conceding late.

A huge stroke of luck though, accidentally started Pedro over Robinson. I made the move, must have forgotten to confirm.

Let's go Haaland!
Had 6 played before Haaland. Hopefully he can get another couple to bury every single doubter.

I put Palmer as captain when I transferred him in earlier this week. I then thought I better change it back to Haaland, I forgot and by the time I realised the Arsenal game was kicking off.

Muniz is a fraud. My biggest mistake so far i think. Gamble which didn't pay off. I think i am swtching him to Pedro.

Or maybe not.....

Nah, it's fine.

Out of curiosity, is this kind of price per point now an in-depth thing social FPL creators work around? I'm not massive on following the up to date trends, so genuinely curious. Do have a few on my twitter, but heavily for line up news - even then I miss a few!

Muniz is a fraud. My biggest mistake so far i think. Gamble which didn't pay off. I think i am swtching him to Pedro.

Or maybe not.....
He’s got more XG than Pedro and slightly less than Wood.

As bigman says it’s just variance in play

Out of curiosity, is this kind of price per point now an in-depth thing social FPL creators work around? I'm not massive on following the up to date trends, so genuinely curious. Do have a few on my twitter, but heavily for line up news - even then I miss a few!

Not as far as I'm aware, I think most just take it at face value that at 15m a player will need captaincy to be able to provide value. Actually doing out the maths highlights the extent though.