Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Finished on 70 points for the weekend. Not bad but bit disappointing that captain picks didn't pay off.
Same here. Okayishly satisfied with that start. I am not fussed about Bruno and Eze not returning and they are solid bets. Pulled an early transfer with Robinson coming in for Quansah as could not wait for his price to drop. Also, wanted a confirmed starter for my defense as the other two on my bench are Barco and Faes.

48 with Porro to go. Could have been saved by captaining Salah, but went with Isak. A pretty terrible start.

I guess it's 1-0 to the "no Haaland"-template so far - Saka, Havertz, Jota, Trent and the Arsenal defenders the big winners. I guess it'll be possible to make up some ground in GW2, when Arsenal face Villa away and City has Ipswich at home.

Quansah and Nkunku might become problems for me, but I'll sit tight for now.

Same here. Okayishly satisfied with that start. I am not fussed about Bruno and Eze not returning and they are solid bets. Pulled an early transfer with Robinson coming in for Quansah as could not wait for his price to drop. Also, wanted a confirmed starter for my defense as the other two on my bench are Barco and Faes.
If you're not delighted with 70 points this round, be prepared for a frustrating season.

Regarding Eze and Bruno. They both looked great and like really good picks going forward. Eze was involved in everything Palace created, same with Bruno who's also playing in an advanced position. The returns will come for both.

I have Quansah too, but hopefully he's not lost his place yet. If he doesn't start against Brentford, he has to go for me. He'll get one more GW for me. Barco might be a problem for many managers though.

Finished on 70 points for the weekend. Not bad but bit disappointing that captain picks didn't pay off.
cute-smile.gif

First warning.

48 with Porro to go. Could have been saved by captaining Salah, but went with Isak. A pretty terrible start.

I guess it's 1-0 to the "no Haaland"-template so far - Saka, Havertz, Jota, Trent and the Arsenal defenders the big winners. I guess it'll be possible to make up some ground in GW2, when Arsenal face Villa away and City has Ipswich at home.

Quansah and Nkunku might become problems for me, but I'll sit tight for now.

Haaland was never going to be a game changer this game week, it's next onwards that he should be an advantage over other strikers. If he doesn't do well in the next few weeks then yea it's a win for the no Haalanders.

I've already taken Quansah out, the managers comments about him didn't sound good so can't guarantee he'll start the next match.

I might try to sound smart. But I just took out Quansah and brought in.......Livramento :lol: Completely fecking forgot they have Trippier

If you're not delighted with 70 points this round, be prepared for a frustrating season.

Regarding Eze and Bruno. They both looked great and like really good picks going forward. Eze was involved in everything Palace created, same with Bruno who's also playing in an advanced position. The returns will come for both.

I have Quansah too, but hopefully he's not lost his place yet. If he doesn't start against Brentford, he has to go for me. He'll get one more GW for me. Barco might be a problem for many managers though.
That is why the "okayish" word is there. My only gripe was people in my ML captaining Salah and me not selecting him. Although early days, but still they not ahead of me by more than 15 points. Totally agree with what you said about Eze and Bruno as they passed the eye test and look like they will create and be in attacking positions in the coming week. I think I will collect a few transfers and see how things go with Salah before taking a few calls without using WC. I have Barco too but confused about whether to get him out next week. Worried about his price drop as he is already at 4

Has there been any price changes yet?
No. It looks quite calm and like it's safe to wait till the end of the week to make decisions so far.

Havertz, Jota, Salah, Saka and Welbeck looks to be the first players to go up in price (unsurprisingly)
Rodri, Vardy, Shaw, Darwin, Gakpo, Jesus and Toney looks to be the first ones to drop. Noone close yet, though.

No. It looks quite calm and like it's safe to wait till the end of the week to make decisions so far.

Havertz, Jota, Salah, Saka and Welbeck looks to be the first players to go up in price (unsurprisingly)
Rodri, Vardy, Shaw, Darwin, Gakpo, Jesus and Toney looks to be the first ones to drop. Noone close yet, though.

Mazraoui will be the first to rise and might happen tomorrow.

63 with Porro and Solanke left.

Glad I got onboard Mazraoui at 4.5 too.

Is Maz price locked? His ownership almost doubled, but I cant remember if new players are still price protected for a week

Is Maz price locked? His ownership almost doubled, but I cant remember if new players are still price protected for a week
Should be locked for another 3 days as they are meant to be locked for 8 days after being added to the game, and he was added on 14 Aug.

feckin rashford and bruno, and nkunku. im already 70% given up on FPL this year and the first weekend isnt even finished. ive swapped in Doku for Nkunku.

Seems like a lot or poeple are transferring Mazraoui in. Is it really worth it? I have Andersen, Robinson (Fulham), Dalot, Porro, Barco in defence and don't really want to switch any except for Barco, but wont play with 5 defenders.
Played Andersen, Dalot, Porro this week, going Robinson, Dalot, Porro next week.

Plan is to not do any transfers, unless someone higher up the pitch gets injured, is there any reason to do it?

I see the 5 top transfers til now are Maz, Havertz, Jota, Salah and Saka. I already got Jota, Salah and Saka

For anyone into FPL content creator drama (mostly just @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson)

Yeah, mainly a bunch of conceited w@nkers… FPL Mate is widely known to be a tool among tools.

I finally managed to get blocked by FPL Raptor recently… obviously had enough of me calling him out for adding zero value and using people for clicks and £££s. Baby.

Still haven’t managed to get Ben Cretin to block me… probably because he’s a robot and doesn’t get sarcasm

You and the redditors are hurting his feelings man

I blocked him last season so “not me Guvnor” … his takes were god awful and his arrogance was next level. No one deserves internet abuse but he really didn’t help himself.

I only follow Cretin (fir his colourful spreadsheets because I’m lazy) and Lazy FPL. for the lol’s.

I blocked him last season so “not me Guvnor” … his takes were god awful and his arrogance was next level. No one deserves internet abuse but he really didn’t help himself.

I only follow Cretin (fir his colourful spreadsheets because I’m lazy) and Lazy FPL. for the lol’s.
He doesn't really come across as one, think he's actually pretty good with his content.

Seems like a lot or poeple are transferring Mazraoui in. Is it really worth it? I have Andersen, Robinson (Fulham), Dalot, Porro, Barco in defence and don't really want to switch any except for Barco, but wont play with 5 defenders.
Played Andersen, Dalot, Porro this week, going Robinson, Dalot, Porro next week.

Plan is to not do any transfers, unless someone higher up the pitch gets injured, is there any reason to do it?

I see the 5 top transfers til now are Maz, Havertz, Jota, Salah and Saka. I already got Jota, Salah and Saka
Nope. Man Utd's fixtures are tough the next 6. Clean sheets will be tough IMO.
This season with the ability to have up to 5 free transfers its best to hold fire at the minute. Its a coin toss after 1 game to make assumptions on teams.

Nope. Man Utd's fixtures are tough the next 6. Clean sheets will be tough IMO.
This season with the ability to have up to 5 free transfers its best to hold fire at the minute. Its a coin toss after 1 game to make assumptions on teams.
Also when Shaw is back, it's not clear which two are going to be starting at full back. Might be rotated. Mazraoui is quite injury prone himself and has only played 20 league games once or twice in his career.

60 with just Porro to go. Meh.

Quansah forecasted to drop in price within 2 days. That's a problem!

Nkunku another one that might cause problems.

If I had 2 transfers I'd be tempted to go Quansah > Faes, Nkunku > Mbeumo who I was bigging up. Mind you, Brentford have 3 tough away games in the next 4. Might be better off wating for a better time for him and it would leave me with only 11 players I'd be happy to see start for a few weeks should Barco continue not to start, Faes would ideally be 5th choice defender.

Might just go Quansah to another 4.5 who will start to give cover should Nkunku be benched.

The other option is to eventually work my way into going no Haaland to free up funds elsewhere, but there's no way I'm doing that right now with Ipswich at home next. Could then upgrade Porro to an Arsenal defender and really beef up the midfield too over the course of a few weeks unless I take hits.

Villa have a few nice fixtures once Arsenal are out of the way as a side note, and even that's at home.

60 with just Porro to go. Meh.

Quansah forecasted to drop in price within 2 days. That's a problem!

Nkunku another one that might cause problems.

If I had 2 transfers I'd be tempted to go Quansah > Faes, Nkunku > Mbeumo who I was bigging up. Mind you, Brentford have 3 tough away games in the next 4. Might be better off wating for a better time for him and it would leave me with only 11 players I'd be happy to see start for a few weeks should Barco continue not to start, Faes would ideally be 5th choice defender.

Might just go Quansah to another 4.5 who will start to give cover should Nkunku be benched.

The other option is to eventually work my way into going no Haaland to free up funds elsewhere, but there's no way I'm doing that right now with Ipswich at home next. Could then upgrade Porro to an Arsenal defender and really beef up the midfield too over the course of a few weeks unless I take hits.

Villa have a few nice fixtures once Arsenal are out of the way as a side note, and even that's at home.
Don't worry about your score after one week , you should have built your team for 3 or 4 weeks, judge it then.

I think Quansah is in danger of being benched given what the Liverpol manager said after the game., so if I had him I would get rid. Nkunku who I do have, I will keep. Given who Chelsea were playing and the formation they used I wasn't expecting much from Nkunku. Chelsea played with 3 defensive midfielders and pushed Nkunku out wide, where he is less productive. Chelsea are facing lesser opposition the next 6 games and hopefully will drop one of their defensive midfielders and field a more offensive team. I hope Nkunku is moved inside and played just of jackson and justify picking him in the first place.