Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

TAA returns will be patchy at best and United won't keep many clean sheets
TAA returns will be much more reliable than porro, plus he stands a chance of getting a clean sheet. Whereas porro is much less likely to. And what makes you think united won't keep many clean sheets? We've just bought a couple of top drawer CBs and may be buying a dm.

I'm honestly surprised you seem to think there's much of a debate between those two pairs

:lol:Might have to pop that week 2 wildcard. Absolutely shite. Why did I trust Spurs??

TAA returns will be much more reliable than porro, plus he stands a chance of getting a clean sheet. Whereas porro is much less likely to. And what makes you think united won't keep many clean sheets? We've just bought a couple of top drawer CBs and may be buying a dm.

I'm honestly surprised you seem to think there's much of a debate between those two pairs
I think United will keep more CS than last season (hard to be worse tbh) and our defenders are undervalued, but the problem is a bit with who is nailed and who is not. If Maz was guaranteed or very likely to start 30+ games this season he'd be a better choice than when you take into account the competition for places and his injury record. Martinez might not start all games too and his attack threat is rather poor, so even at 4.5 he's good value but doesn't feel so amazing.

I still think United have a bit to prove before I get confident about our clean sheets.

And rotation risk as we have more CB depth now. Maz will sit on bench sometimes when Shaw is back.

Finished on 71 points. Hearing Son was awful tonight? I'll probably hold to see how he performs against Everton next week who were terrible before deciding to switch him with Palmer/Foden.

I don't understand why is everyone going for a Spurs defender. Spurs are unlikely to keep clean sheets. He is being expected to be a TAA.

Will understand why, after he gets a goal plus assist this GW :lol: :lol:
Phew!! Only half of what I thought.

I think United will keep more CS than last season (hard to be worse tbh) and our defenders are undervalued, but the problem is a bit with who is nailed and who is not. If Maz was guaranteed or very likely to start 30+ games this season he'd be a better choice than when you take into account the competition for places and his injury record. Martinez might not start all games too and his attack threat is rather poor, so even at 4.5 he's good value but doesn't feel so amazing.
I still think United have a bit to prove before I get confident about our clean sheets.

And rotation risk as we have more CB depth now. Maz will sit on bench sometimes when Shaw is back.
Agreed re united, but even taking us out of the equation there are 4.5 options that are worth it Vs porro if it allows you to trade up from gvardiol to taa (Konsa or one of the Newcastle back line). That said I'll be sticking with Martinez until he's injured.

Agreed re united, but even taking us out of the equation there are 4.5 options that are worth it Vs porro if it allows you to trade up from gvardiol to taa (Konsa or one of the Newcastle back line). That said I'll be sticking with Martinez until he's injured.
For sure so far those than went with Maz/Martinez and spent that 1m elsewhere are better off than me with Porro, let’s see in the long term.
Triple captain Haaland this week or nah...
All tempting but even if it seems there will be only 2 DGWs this season (unless something unexpected happens) and we have no fecking clue about this stupid mistery chip, I believe it’s still best to save the TC. GW33 there’s a good chance for Arsenal to have Chelsea at home and Ipswich away and City to have Brighton home, Everton away. I always play it on the doubles and not planning to change that this year I guess

Nonono! Solanke is a keep, he´ll give you steady 2’s and 1’s with an occasional 5 or 6 every now and then.
:lol:the 5 and 6 just regular enough to keep you invested but also rare enough to make him a poor investment. Love it.

53 all-out which is ... dismal.

I suppose the only consolation is that my mini-league being won by someone who is either a madman, or auto-picked and forgot to do the business...

Check out who is winning our mini-league:
Starting GK - Kelleher 0 pts - They are getting subbed in for Flekken 4 pts.
DEF- Saliba 6 - Martinez 7 - Cuenca (who?) 0 -> Subbed in for Bassey for 1 pt
MID Salah (C) 28 - Mbuemo 9 - Eriksen 0 - Almiron 0 - 1st Sub... AND AFTER Tosin at 0 subs in Kovacic at 11!!!!
FWD - Havertz 12 Haaland 7 Darwin(!) 0

Winning the mini-league with a bloody 84.

This game is a joke.

76 all out but the lack of Haaland is worrying me with this run of games they have. I really couldn't justify the 15 though. Might have shot myself in the foot though. There's no way to get him in without a WC.

Not sure whether to stick with Solanke now.

76 all out but the lack of Haaland is worrying me with this run of games they have. I really couldn't justify the 15 though. Might have shot myself in the foot though. There's no way to get him in without a WC.

Same dilemma. I am sticking to my guns on both for now and banking transfers. I do think solanke will start scoring but I also worry about lack of haal.

feck off and leave this thread. This is mainly for posters who get 40-60 points.

Not often I get a high score.

I'll be getting about 40 points most weeks.

Think I'll stick with this team I have for now though, feck Haaland he can feck off back to Ghostbusters 2.

I’m guessing you have Salah?

I’m guessing you have Salah?

Nope, I don't have him either and.cant get him in without a good bit of surgery..

I went with Son, Saka, Bruno Jota Amad in midfield. Worked out well enough week 1 but wasted the captain on Son but as a good shout against Leicester.

I'll have to build up a few transfers and see how things go.

Nope, I don't have him either and.cant get him in without a good bit of surgery..

I went with Son, Saka, Bruno Jota Amad in midfield. Worked out well enough week 1 but wasted the captain on Son but as a good shout against Leicester.

I'll have to build up a few transfers and see how things go.

That’s definitely bold. You have no KDB either to cover City’s attack for week 2.

Brilliant score that. I'm on 46 with 3 to play. Basically need Son to do a madness on Monday.
Ended up with 80, Munoz with an assist and the rest blanked, so thank feck the lads on Saturday delivered :lol: But in fairness anything 66+ for game week 1 is always going to be a solid start with it generall only 20 points away from top 100k, so I'll take it and run! I'm effectively playing a game agaisnt Haaland, Salah is nearly a differential right now which worked well for me here!

Finished on 58. Mid table in the end after a horrible start. Hopefully can kick on from next week.

Where's that guy that said Solanke is shit? Guess what bozo... You were right :lol:

GW2.png

Don't think I'm going to transfer this week, will save it for next week. Just undecided between Amad and Pedro for who starts. Do we think Amad might get dropped for Garnacho?

Most likely staying put using no transfers this week:

Sanchez (Henderson)
Porro-Robinson-Dalot (Andersen-Barco)
Saka-Bruno-Salah-Gordon-Jota
Isak-Solanke (Armstrong)

Captain on Salah right now.

Barco will need to get out, but don't want to use a transfer on him when I can just bury him on the bench and I can't really get anything that will play for me in for him. The knock on Porro might force me to use a transfer, but Andersen is an okay reserve there. Would be typical if Palace gets a clean sheet with both Henderson and Andersen on the bench.

GW2.png

Don't think I'm going to transfer this week, will save it for next week. Just undecided between Amad and Pedro for who starts. Do we think Amad might get dropped for Garnacho?

I think Amad will start one more week, then dropped for Garnaco against Lpool

Its definitely hide behind the sofa week for us non Haaland owners for sure.

Probably not going to waste a transfer on bringing in any City players, will just have to hope for the best.

I will keep Nkunku for another week but probably bench him for Smith Rowe.

Although Doku does seem tempting.

GW2.png

I think he will start but it could go either way. Something to consider: João Pedro has scored in two of the three matches he's played against us in the league. It's a small sample size, but that record would probably have me lean towards him over Amad.

I think he will start but it could go either way. Something to consider: João Pedro has scored in two of the three matches he's played against us in the league. It's a small sample size, but that record would probably have me lean towards him over Amad.

Makes sense, if he's still on penalties too I'd lean towards him probably also.