Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Lewis always making me nervous. Well, it's more Pep.

Back end of last season they played Akanji at right back a couple of times when they had lots of choices in the middle. The games v Fulham in GW 37 and v Arsenal in 30. Ake back for them now and Stones played 2 x 90 in a row to add to Akanji and Dias.

Then there was the occasional shift into 3-2-4-1 as well v Palace in 32 and Liverpool in 28.

At least he has the midfield role in his locker too which seems to be Kovacic +1 right now. Often Lewis but could be Gundogan at times, maybe even a bit of Bernardo Silva or Stones.

Lewis always making me nervous. Well, it's more Pep.

Back end of last season they played Akanji at right back a couple of times when they had lots of choices in the middle. The games v Fulham in GW 37 and v Arsenal in 30. Ake back for them now and Stones played 2 x 90 in a row to add to Akanji and Dias.

Then there was the occasional shift into 3-2-4-1 as well v Palace in 32 and Liverpool in 28.

At least he has the midfield role in his locker too which seems to be Kovacic +1 right now. Often Lewis but could be Gundogan at times, maybe even a bit of Bernardo Silva or Stones.

I'm more concerned that when he does play he isn't getting any points tbh.

I'm more concerned that when he does play he isn't getting any points tbh.

Well there's that too. :lol:

Locked into this either way:

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Lewis
Palmer, Mbeumo, Johnson, Rogers
Haaland (C), Jackson, Wood

Fab, Konate, Dibling, Greaves

I'm letting this ride for 3 or 4 weeks now and then looking at what I can do transfer wise. Last 2 weeks have been terrible fixture wise so it's tempting to jump into wholesale changes, but I'm hoping it swings back round this weekend

Son out then. Serves me right for getting rid of Saka early for the sake of 0.2m. Looks like I'll be starting Rogers and Semenyo again. Could be worse, I guess.

Still don't know what to do about Saliba. I've 0.3 in the bank, but trading up or even around seems pointless when defenders are generally doing so badly. Dyche talking up Keane in his presser would make him an option to claw back some cash, but Branthwaite is back now and really should be starting over him.

Maybe Konate? That at least gives me a defender from each of the big 3, with £1m to spend next week if I need it.

Saka to mbuemo sounds like a good move.
Currently have
Flekken verbruggen
Gvardiol digne mazroui keane
Salah smith Rowe Saka johnson
Solanke wood haaland

I’m not sure do I get palmer in but they I need to go Johnson McNeil, Saka - palmer
Or just go Saka to mbuemo
Help

Son out then. Serves me right for getting rid of Saka early for the sake of 0.2m. Looks like I'll be starting Rogers and Semenyo again. Could be worse, I guess.

Still don't know what to do about Saliba. I've 0.3 in the bank, but trading up or even around seems pointless when defenders are generally doing so badly. Dyche talking up Keane in his presser would make him an option to claw back some cash, but Branthwaite is back now and really should be starting over him.

Maybe Konate? That at least gives me a defender from each of the big 3, with £1m to spend next week if I need it.

To be fair Son was an easy trap to fall into. You won't be the only one! Even after he didn't play in Europe it didn't look so alarming as they rotated a lot when they played Qarabag the other week as well. Might have gone there too if I didn't have the funds for Palmer and I'm sure lots of us others have done the same as you. Similar for anyone who had Palmer and Saka, Saka> Son a likely move. Saka still not 100% certain to start so on the bright side I suppose it could be more a neutral move for you in the short term.

Konate has been good for me but I've benched him this week, last week too. Although if I didn't have TAA I may have started him and one from each of the big 3 is what I've been going with as well. This weeks/last weeks fixtures been a bit difficult to navigate for Liverpool. If you include CL, Konate's on 2 goals for the season so a lttle bit of goal threat from him on set pieces although the xG is low. Would rather not play both away at Arsenal and TAA's potential assits etc. make him the choice of the 2 although all that xA hasn't really translated into attacking returns yet, just 1 assist from 2.6 on Opta, 3.08 on Understat. Would have hoped for at least 2 assists up to now, 3 or 4 if getting lucky.

Don't think there's necessarily any rush to bin Saliba, not the best game run immediately after his suspension is up but a nice one on the horizon. We all thought Leicester, Sothampton and Bournemouth would be great for Arsenal defence though!

Last edited:
Saka not training today. Still another potential session for them tomorrow I suppose but doesn't help with FPL deadlines.

News all over the place, looked out, rumours he might be ok then this.

Throw in Son's ruling out and Foden now saying he's still recovering from burnout which casts a small doubt, whatever is going on with Maddison, no Jota and Diaz getting rotated lately I'm just glad I had Palmer to turn to.

Last edited:
Team for the weekend.

Flekken (Fabi)
Lewis - Nouri - SvdB (Dalot, Faes)
Palmer, Foden, Mbeumo, Rogers (Dibling)
Haaland(c), Solanke, Jimenez

4,5M ITB

Please let the climb begin and end this nightmare start to the season.

Thoughts!

A little worry there in terms of potentially aggravating the injury or needing to rest at some point in the near future. Bradley not in great shape for this weekend and such a big game suspect TAA is ok for now.

1) Saka to Foden (risking not having 3 starting defenders with Maz not nailed)
2)Saliba to Gvardiol (risking Saka not playing)
3) Saliba and Saka to someone 5.3m and under, or Palmer for a rare -4

I'm coming round to number 3 to finally take care of the Palmer haul at any moment risk.... maybe 4.2m Keane for Everton as his run of fixtures is enticing and allows 1.1m inhe bank for movements.

Have track at 6pm tonight, so any thoughts pre 5pm appreciated :)

Last edited:
To be fair Son was an easy trap to fall into. You won't be the only one! Even after he didn't play in Europe it didn't look so alarming as they rotated a lot when they played Qarabag the other week as well. Might have gone there too if I didn't have the funds for Palmer and I'm sure lots of us others have done the same as you. Similar for anyone who had Palmer and Saka, Saka> Son a likely move. Saka still not 100% certain to start so on the bright side I suppose it could be more a neutral move for you in the short term.

Konate has been good for me but I've benched him this week, last week too. Although if I didn't have TAA I may have started him and one from each of the big 3 is what I've been going with as well. This weeks/last weeks fixtures been a bit difficult to navigate for Liverpool. If you include CL, Konate's on 2 goals for the season so a lttle bit of goal threat from him on set pieces although the xG is low. Would rather not play both away at Arsenal and TAA's potential assits etc. make him the choice of the 2 although all that xA hasn't really translated into attacking returns yet, just 1 assist from 2.6 on Opta, 3.08 on Understat. Would have hoped for at least 2 assists up to now, 3 or 4 if getting lucky.

Don't think there's necessarily any rush to bin Saliba, not the best game run immediately after his suspension is up but a nice one on the horizon. We all thought Leicester, Sothampton and Bournemouth would be great for Arsenal defence though!
I'm slightly tempted to take a -4 and get Saliba out to bring Johnson in for Semenyo, so I at least have some Spurs attacking representation for the weekend. But I've only taken one hit so far and worry that I'd just be floundering chasing points away doing that.

I did consider hanging on to Saliba, but with Greaves, Saliba and Son all out, my bench is completely empty, so that's a risk on top.

I'm coming round to number 3 to finally take care of the Palmer haul at any moment risk.... maybe 4.2m Keane for Everton as his run of fixtures is enticing and allows 1.1m inhe bank for movements.

Don't bother contemplating Foden just yet. Wait until Pep at least gives him a run of consecutive starts first.

Currently have
Flekken verbruggen
Gvardiol digne mazroui keane
Salah smith Rowe Saka johnson
Solanke wood haaland

I’m not sure do I get palmer in but then I need to go Johnson McNeil, Saka - palmer
Or just go Saka to mbuemo.
Help, need a 2nd opinion

Don't bother contemplating Foden just yet. Wait until Pep at least gives him a run of consecutive starts first.
Yep, between you, fantasy scout and an actual real life Man City fan I know, that seems conclusive.

Think it'll have to be the Palmer angle and work out which defender for a -4.

Will at least stop me crying every time Chelsea score and hoping it's not Palmer.

Help, need a 2nd opinion
Mbeumbo is top of the transfers in this week.
But he has let us down in a banker before.

Palmer feels the mid to long term key man, but maybe you need a bit more manipulation to make it work better.

Option 3. Option 1 is not worth thinking about. Option 2 can work as I feel Saka will play but it's boring.

Option 3 is good.

Just pulled the trigger and taking the Foden Punt! You can't start a fire without a sparke, don't you;-)

Team:
Raya
TAA Lewis Robinson
Foden Mbeumo Palmer Rashford Rogers
Haaland DCL

bench: Maz archer greaves

Will still hve two transfers next week and can move Foden out again if he still don't start tomorrow. Could go back to Saka or even downgrade Trent to Ait Nouri & then Foden-->Salah.

Good luck all, could be a big scoring week in General.

I used my wildcard this week so I could get rid of a few players including the injured Alisson and bring Haaland so I can captain him against Saints.

Massive piles of jamminess have taken me from absolutely fecked and 4.6 million overall to top of the caf league and 15k overall... so it's time to go back again when Haaland puts about 15 past Southampton.

We’ve only got two FBs and one of thems shit (Dalot, I’m looking at you! :mad:)… Maz plays.

Foden will play too surely? Grealish and Doku out so it’ll be Foden left and their mega cheap, nothing dodgy about this fee/tfr Brazilian the right

We’ve only got two FBs and one of thems shit (Dalot, I’m looking at you! :mad:)… Maz plays.

Foden will play too surely? Grealish and Doku out so it’ll be Foden left and their mega cheap, nothing dodgy about this fee/tfr Brazilian the right

First rule of Foden club is wait until he's had a game or 2.
We've all been stung by getting him too early and then stubbornly holding him for 7 weeks for 10 points.

Two hours to go to the deadline and I'm waiting for a delayed train in the meantime. I'm in serious danger of doing something very stupid as a result of overthinking this Saliba problem. I might even talk myself into breaking my "no United players" rule.

At the moment it looks like:

------------------------Sanchez------------------
--Van den Berg--Gabriel--Gvardiol----
Palmer----Rogers----Semenyo----Mbuemo
----Haaland(c)----Wood----Jimenez-----

Subs: Muric,
Son, Saliba, Greaves

If I sell Saliba, whoever I get in probably won't start this week since VDB is about as likely as anyone else to get a CS. But it would give me the option of taking a hit and bumping Semenyo for someone like Johnson. And then not having an empty bench which might be a good idea..

Sod it, making a big risky one, just a single, so i'm hoping I don't end up with a 9man team!!

Will tell people what I did if it comes off, if not i'll disappear for a bit

All the best all.:drool:

Sanchez
Pinnock Gvardiol robinson
Rogers Palmer mbuemo
Haaland wood S Larsen

Who should I bench ?
- Currently McNeil or Larsen?
- currently faes or Robinson

Haaland TC, all in. Sure he'll have a double later in the season but it won't have the shittest team at home in it.

Haaland TC, all in. Sure he'll have a double later in the season but it won't have the shittest team at home in it.
Same. I was burnt by his double last season where he blanked vs Chelsea. When you see how error-prone Southampton are when playing out from the back, tomorrow stinks of a Haaland goal fest.