Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

My mate benched Keane, put double Arsenal defense and still managed to get 63 pts with captain Salah, Gvardiol, Jimenez, Watkins and Jackson.
So frustrating.

Might be time to take Semenyo out. I've got the funds to upgrade to Bowen. Guaranteed 90 minutes and he's been a good differential for me in previous seasons. How have West Ham looked under Lopetegui?

Sell Haaland after the Southampton game, and go without him for the rest of the season. Invest the money into the best-performing midfielders, and go with cheap defenders. That's the plan.

Might be time to take Semenyo out. I've got the funds to upgrade to Bowen. Guaranteed 90 minutes and he's been a good differential for me in previous seasons. How have West Ham looked under Lopetegui?

They've looked bad, but he's one of those players that can always pop up with something. 38 points and invloved in 5 of their 11 goals so far is decent. Could easily have had an assist at the weekend as his cross made West Ham's goal but it was defelcted so didn't count as one. He made another very similar chance just before that too that was missed.

Last edited:
Sell Haaland after the Southampton game, and go without him for the rest of the season. Invest the money into the best-performing midfielders, and go with cheap defenders. That's the plan.
Good luck with that :lol: It's ballsy and might not pay off at all I have to say.

No, no, no. I am so close to rage quit because this is insane shit.
My wife, who knows absolutely nothing about football, created her team. For fun. She picked 3,4 famous players that she knows (Salah, Haaland, Son) and the rest based on "i like his name". She picked them, put C on Haaland and didn't touch team. No chips, nothing. At the end her team had Jackson, Rogers, Stones, Pickford.....

And she is better than me. She is under one million, ffs! Insane shit.

Provided Chris Wood doesn't get sent-off, pick up an injury, or fill me with rage this evening, I think I'll be using my pair of transfers to get Saliba&Saka out. Arsenal's upcoming games are bad enough without the flags picking up all over the place, and I might be able to catch some favourable price rises in the process of ditching them. Thinking Ait-Nouri and Son right now, although I honestly don't know if there's really any benefit to have a £4.4m defender over any old random £4m.

Provided Chris Wood doesn't get sent-off, pick up an injury, or fill me with rage this evening, I think I'll be using my pair of transfers to get Saliba&Saka out. Arsenal's upcoming games are bad enough without the flags picking up all over the place, and I might be able to catch some favourable price rises in the process of ditching them. Thinking Ait-Nouri and Son right now, although I honestly don't know if there's really any benefit to have a £4.4m defender over any old random £4m.
Looking like Saka to Son will be my transfer tonight, would rather wait till after Thursday’s games, with my luck Son will get injured and Saka bangs a hat-trick vs Liverpool.

Looking like Saka to Son will be my transfer tonight, would rather wait till after Thursday’s games, with my luck Son will get injured and Saka bangs a hat-trick vs Liverpool.
Just checking through Son's past numbers against Spurs' next couple of opponents; 9g2a vs Palace in 14, 6g3a vs Villa in 8. Hasn't played Ipswich (I think), but it is Ipswich at home. So on balance even if it all goes wrong, I'll still probably be able to convince myself it was the right call anyway, which will at least provide some semblance of comfort :lol:

Correct decision for me. People were fuming about that on Saturday, posting their own rules back to them.

VfLKncl.png

Hard to say the shot directly forced it as there were mutliple deflections, it's a lot more indirectly. He forced the initial save directly but that's it.

After Son's shot the goalie's save is one significant defelction as the ball is going away from goal instead of towards it in the complete opposite direction. Todibo's touch to send it back towards goal is a second significant deflection, a 180 degree one. Then there's the final touch of Areola for the own goal as they've given it.

Weird goal all round, still not sure why it's an Areola OG and not a Todibo one. Only way I see it as Areola OG is if Todibo's touch was actually sending the ball wide and Areola's last touch puts it back on target but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Not really arsed, I have none of the players concerned.

Last edited:
Correct decision for me. People were fuming about that on Saturday, posting their own rules back to them.

VfLKncl.png

Hard to say the shot directly forced it as there were mutliple deflections, it's a lot more indirectly. He forced the initial save directly but that's it.

After Son's shot the goalie's save is one significant defelction as the ball is going away from goal instead of towards it in the complete opposite direction. Todibo's touch to send it back towards goal is a second significant deflection, a 180 degree one. Then there's the final touch of Areola for the own goal as they've given it.

Weird goal all round, still not sure why it's an Areola OG and not a Todibo one. Only way I see it as Areola OG is if Todibo's touch was actually sending the ball wide and Areola's last touch puts it back on target but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

Not really arsed, I have none of the players concerned.
“fuming”? Twitter was an FPL Civil War! It was hilarious how people got so worked up, but it does look like dodgy decisions almost every week and despite it being a game, and free, lots of allegations of people who work for FPL/close mates getting the benefit of the decisions.

Your top bit of the post is exactly what I thought. Not one but THREE significant touches? The ‘pro Son assist’ brigade said that didn’t matter because rules say it’s for a pass or a cross. Children…

On the Areola OG, I think I read that the Premier League itself said it was his because from one angle, Todibos touch wasn’t clearly sending the ball to the goal and they felt Areolas second touch, did so.

Wood is a wonderful man! Just need Forest to keep this CS and I'm saved from a terrible use of WC.

“fuming”? Twitter was an FPL Civil War! It was hilarious how people got so worked up, but it does look like dodgy decisions almost every week and despite it being a game, and free, lots of allegations of people who work for FPL/close mates getting the benefit of the decisions.

Your top bit of the post is exactly what I thought. Not one but THREE significant touches? The ‘pro Son assist’ brigade said that didn’t matter because rules say it’s for a pass or a cross. Children…

On the Areola OG, I think I read that the Premier League itself said it was his because from one angle, Todibos touch wasn’t clearly sending the ball to the goal and they felt Areolas second touch, did so.

Yes, it was funny! All the conspiracy theories floating around, accusing people at FPL Towers of having Son in their team. :lol:

There was one angle where I thought Todibo's touch might have been sending it wide but I wasn't sure overall. Areola's last touch certainly sent it back towards the centre of the goal and that general direction.

Wood dropped from 2 BPS to 1 since he went off, Murillo overtaking him.

A late Palace goal could give him all 3 depending on the scorer. Mind you, he'd lose the winning goalscorer points part of it so maybe not. Murillo OG should do it.

Yes, it was funny! All the conspiracy theories floating around, accusing people at FPL Towers of having Son in their team. :lol:

There was one angle where I thought Todibo's touch might have been sending it wide but I wasn't sure overall. Areola's last touch certainly sent it back towards the centre of the goal and that general direction.
#FPLCartel

I didn’t block them over a Son assist, I blocked them because they’re crap at FPL …. and Crellins a robot.

Finished on 35, Wood's goal very welcome.

Started the week on 425k OR, dropped to 581k, a 7 point red arrow. Was looking at 780k or something after yesterday.

Still not the best, plenty of time to improve.

Think that Wood goal has me top of the league. Incredible, somebody pinch me.

Disclaimer: I haven't actually worked out anybody else's but I've got about 35 spawny 'hidden' points to come in.

40 (possibly one or two more depending on Wood's bonus) doesn't feel good, but considering I had 12 points after the Saturday I guess it's a bit of comeback?

Saka to Son locked it. Doesn't look like Saliba is dropping tonight, so I can hopefully stew on what to do with the second transfer for a bit. Could keep possibly hold of him for now, as VDB has Ipswich which is as good a game as any to start him. Semenyo might drop, but it seems a bit hasty to transfer him out off the back of a game where he had his second-highest xGI of the season. It's only really McNeil that I could trade up to from him and I'm not sure that would be worthwhile, even with the latter having better fixtures.

40 (possibly one or two more depending on Wood's bonus) doesn't feel good, but considering I had 12 points after the Saturday I guess it's a bit of comeback?

Saka to Son locked it. Doesn't look like Saliba is dropping tonight, so I can hopefully stew on what to do with the second transfer for a bit. Could keep possibly hold of him for now, as VDB has Ipswich which is as good a game as any to start him. Semenyo might drop, but it seems a bit hasty to transfer him out off the back of a game where he had his second-highest xGI of the season. It's only really McNeil that I could trade up to from him and I'm not sure that would be worthwhile, even with the latter having better fixtures.

Still bringing in Palmer over Son. Spurs fixtures are a mixed bag and they have options like Johnson and Kulu now at more enticing price points if I want to go there. As it is I can see Palace beating them at the weekend and Palmer hauling against Newcastle like he did last season.

Didn't do an early transfer as thought that's too risky in a week of Euro midweekers.
But I see Gabriel has gone up to 6.3m now, putting him out of sight for me.

However, I have 0.2m to add, and can either do Saliba to Gvardiol, ahead of them facing Southampton H, or could even look at ditching Saka to a City mid.
Foden is a bargain 9.2m when he starts his inevitable haul period, but he's barely had a look in 8 games into the season.

Still bringing in Palmer over Son. Spurs fixtures are a mixed bag and they have options like Johnson and Kulu now at more enticing price points if I want to go there. As it is I can see Palace beating them at the weekend and Palmer hauling against Newcastle like he did last season.
Got Palmer already myself, but Chelsea have pretty tough fixtures and I personally find it difficult trying to guess exactly when his big scores will come. With Son having good records against Palace and Villa, plus Ipswich following, I'm happier having both than I would be having Saka instead of either one. Even looking beyond that, Son hauled at the Etihad and at home to Fulham last season, so hopefully he's one I don't have to eject for a while.

Fair point on Johnson and Kulusevski. I had wondered if Son coming back made an end to Johnson's run of form inevitable, but it looks like he still had a lot of involvement against West Ham and might have been unlucky not to score. Couldn't watch any football this weekend, so purely going off stats sites plotting for the next round.

Didn't do an early transfer as thought that's too risky in a week of Euro midweekers.
But I see Gabriel has gone up to 6.3m now, putting him out of sight for me.

However, I have 0.2m to add, and can either do Saliba to Gvardiol, ahead of them facing Southampton H, or could even look at ditching Saka to a City mid.
Foden is a bargain 9.2m when he starts his inevitable haul period, but he's barely had a look in 8 games into the season.

There's obviously something going on behind the scenes with Foden isn't there with him not starting games. Too risky for me at the moment. But then again, with risk comes reward I guess.

Got Palmer already myself, but Chelsea have pretty tough fixtures and I personally find it difficult trying to guess exactly when his big scores will come. With Son having good records against Palace and Villa, plus Ipswich following, I'm happier having both than I would be having Saka instead of either one. Even looking beyond that, Son hauled at the Etihad and at home to Fulham last season, so hopefully he's one I don't have to eject for a while.

Fair point on Johnson and Kulusevski. I had wondered if Son coming back made an end to Johnson's run of form inevitable, but it looks like he still had a lot of involvement against West Ham and might have been unlucky not to score. Couldn't watch any football this weekend, so purely going off stats sites plotting for the next round.

Ah right so you don't have Salah or Haaland? Fair enough. I don't think Palmers fixtures are that bad. Only the Arsenal one in the next 3 and that's at home. Could even do a one week punt on a Spurs mid as they play Ipswich that week if no other fires to put out.