Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Gone early with transfers. Took a minus 4 to get Mbuemo in for Eze and had to get rid of Van Der Berg due to too many Brentford. Brought in Lewis given Citys run of fixtures look easy enough to pick up at least 1 CS

Finished on 69 pts for the week which isn't too bad, puts me 21st on the CAF league, and top of my mini league.
under-arrest-youre-under-arrest.gif

City haven't kept a clean sheet since opening day have they? And that was with Rodri against teams like Ipswich and Brentford at home, so personally I wouldn't bet on them not to concede in any game over Arsenal, who as you say can do so in any match.

I know, but they still have the 2nd best defense in the league IMO and their next 5 is a very easy run

I've become so kneejerk on potential price rises. Brought in Dibling on Saturday, I see he went up to to 4.6 overnight, moved out Smith Rowe. City (A), Villa (H) next up for Fulham.

Talked about potentially getting Dibling when forming my wildcard all last week, couldn't settle on a squad I liked with him used almost exclusively as bench depth then as soon as his price is going up I had to do it anyway. :lol:

No cast iron plan, no free transfers and 1.5m itb. Does allow me to get Raya but not sure if for a -4 this week, wait until next, or do something else long term.

Got to keep an eye on Rogers with him going off early. Any news on that?

Disappointed to see Solanke up to 7.6 overnight. He looked safe at 7.5 yesterday evening when I checked. Still very much a possible swap for Jackson at some point though. Better fixtures for Solanke in the upcpming weeks, although Jackson v Forest (H), Solanke v Brighton (A) is a close one for the immediate future.

Saw something yesterday where they now have 8 big chances each but Solanke has done it in only 3 games. Playing United helps I suppose! Minutes-wise Jackson seemingly less likely to play full 90s too. Subbed off 5 times out of 6, averaging 73.5 minutes. Solanke 1 out of 3 and right at the end averaging 89. Bigger chance of Jackson not starting games too at some point with Chelsea's options.

42 points all in. Double Arsenal defense with 1 point while Harwood-Bellis with 7 pts sits on bench.

Anyone else mulling over getting Gvardiol straight back in? Feel a bit silly now ditching him when the form and fixtures are there.

Easy enough getting him in since I've got the two Arsenal CBs and Robertson, the latter of which isn't playing in positions to get attacking returns this season.

It's been a rough ride the last 3 weeks. I'd be on 65 with the no changes from the team I wildcarded on last week. Ended on 41 after wild card. Down to 3,3M rank and the gap upwards is getting bigger.

No changes so far this week and the team looks like this:

Flekken (Fabi)
Gabriel, TAA, BvdB (Dalot, Faes)
Saka, Mbeumo, Semenyo, Eze (Rogers)
Haaland(C), Solanke, Havertz

0,1M ITB

Considering TAA -> Gvards or Lewis or Dalot -> Lewis
Both these options probably means -4 a couple of GWs down the road when I'm shifting the midfield + Havertz to Palmer ++.
Saka, Semenyo, Eze and Havertz are all in my exit plans for GW9/10

Thoughts?

Anyone else mulling over getting Gvardiol straight back in? Feel a bit silly now ditching him when the form and fixtures are there.

Easy enough getting him in since I've got the two Arsenal CBs and Robertson, the latter of which isn't playing in positions to get attacking returns this season.

Was impressed with Robertson's attacking when watching Liverpool away at Wolves last weekend. Was thinking he was starting to look like he was back to his best when it comes to that. It was Wolves though!

Got Lewis myself and that's about the limit of exposure to Pep roulette I'm willing to risk as he's cheap. Haaland goes without saying, no roulette for him and maybe Bobb later in the season if he starts getting game time when he's back from injury but I'm really hesitant to put money into any other City players from now on just in case.

Was widely predicted for Gvardiol, that if Walker was in the team he (Gvardiol) would get forward a lot more and it instantly happened. If that continues it might well pay off for you if you go for it. For the games he got those attacking returns late last year 1 was with Lewis, 1 with Akanji and 2 with Walker at right back.

Should Pep not fancy Lewis as the long term replacement for Rodri and shifts him back to RB, it might not be so good for Gvardiol. Always a risk with that, and while it was a rotated side to an extent against weak opponents Lewis was right back midweek in the CL. It was Lewis who bagged the assist with a huge 1.8 xGA on Fbref and Gvardiol did nothing from an attacking pov with a 0.0.

Tough one for me, I'm just happy having Lewis at the cheaper price point.

Last edited:
Minteh > Carvalho this week. Frees up some funds to get Palmer back in for Saka in a few weeks.

Verbruggen
TAA Lewis Maz
Salah Mbeumo Carvalho Saka Rogers
Haaland Wood

Ndiaye Greaves Robinson

Boring Haaland captain. Very tempted to start Greaves over Maz. Don't fancy either for a clean sheet but maybe Maz has more chance of an attacking return.

My team is starting to look shitter and shitter every week.

It's been a rough ride the last 3 weeks. I'd be on 65 with the no changes from the team I wildcarded on last week. Ended on 41 after wild card. Down to 3,3M rank and the gap upwards is getting bigger.

No changes so far this week and the team looks like this:

Flekken (Fabi)
Gabriel, TAA, BvdB (Dalot, Faes)
Saka, Mbeumo, Semenyo, Eze (Rogers)
Haaland(C), Solanke, Havertz

0,1M ITB

Considering TAA -> Gvards or Lewis or Dalot -> Lewis
Both these options probably means -4 a couple of GWs down the road when I'm shifting the midfield + Havertz to Palmer ++.
Saka, Semenyo, Eze and Havertz are all in my exit plans for GW9/10

Thoughts?
Roll?

More flexibility next week/week after with 2 or 3 FTs?

I’m rolling to have 3 ft for the international break. No Saka a big worry. Hopefully Diaz starts, selling Jota was such a stupid move

I’m rolling to have 3 ft for the international break. No Saka a big worry. Hopefully Diaz starts, selling Jota was such a stupid move

As a Saka owner, I really wouldn't worry. They scored 4 last week without him involved and surprisingly he very rarely properly hauls. It's an assist fairly often but very few double digit jobs

Right, Pedro is the huge issue, but I waited too long to switch to DCL, not that he's exactly any sort of sure thing!

I have Pedro at 5.5m and have 0.4m to add.

Who we going for?

Jiminez but has City away this week
Delap 2 goals last week but plays for a stinker relegation guaranteed team
Vardy
Welbeck
Antonio is starting games again for WH and they have Ipswich which could be interesting.... is 5.4m so would bank me 0.1 to then add 0.5m to someone next week

Or take a -4 and sacrifice someone else? (Not that i want to lose TAA, Saliba, Saka, Salah or Haaland right now).

I'm comfy playing Wood and ESR most weeks, so this attacker could just be a 1st bench option.