Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Kept Diaz in.

Rationale. No player other than Palmer I’m desperate to bring in. Don’t think the -4 is worth it as it would mean getting rid of Trent too. Plus he can still get minutes off the bench and contribute.

Bit of a gamble but it means I save 4 points and have 2 FTs for the international break.

If he gets no minutes I have Rogers on the bench and I’m happy enough with him.

so after all it'll be only 2FT for after the international break. no Saka no Palmer this week - hiding behind the couch already

Kept Diaz in.

Rationale. No player other than Palmer I’m desperate to bring in. Don’t think the -4 is worth it as it would mean getting rid of Trent too. Plus he can still get minutes off the bench and contribute.

Bit of a gamble but it means I save 4 points and have 2 FTs for the international break.

If he gets no minutes I have Rogers on the bench and I’m happy enough with him.
if I had a good bench I'd probably keep him

Raya
Trent Gabriel Lewis
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Semenyo
Haaland Jackson DCL
Having Jackson in my team meant I’m hoping he benefits from any Palmer good play.

Likely do:

Diaz -> Palmer
Trent -> £4.7m max
Jackson -> Solanke (in future)

Kept Diaz in the end.

Would have to take a -4 to replace him so I'm pretty much looking at 2 returns from his replacement for it to be a positive.

Everything a bit last minute and panicky too. Not completely sold on Gordon moving forward and while I could have reached Foden Pep's team selections scare me. Got some more thinking time this way.

There could still be a Diaz contribution from the bench, or from my first sub Wood if Diaz gets zero minutes. Hoping anyway, and for no Foden hat-trick! :lol:

Will keep an eye on the Diaz price tonight/over the week, can't really see him dropping for being benched once as he's producing so many points but just in case.

Good luck!

Just one last thing, noticed that Red Memorabilia account got something wrong today, he or she didn't have Tsimikas in there.

Just the one error but it's still an error for those considering using that as a source in the future. The only wrong thing I can see in 5 supposed leaks from them too but anything other than 100% accuracy brings in some doubts.

Could always have been a late change I suppose. If they'd have nailed Tsimikas, who not many would have seen coming in today it would actually have been really impressive.

Just one last thing, noticed that Red Memorabilia account got something wrong today, he or she didn't have Tsimikas in there.

Just the one error but it's still an error for those considering using that as a source in the future. The only wrong thing I can see in 5 supposed leaks from them too but anything other than 100% accuracy brings in some doubts.

Could always have been a late change I suppose. If they'd have nailed Tsimikas, who not many would have seen coming in today it would actually have been really impressive.
I think they took a bit of a gamble

2 during the break.

For some reason I thought you had more. I might be mistaking you with another poster or you used them up. Anyways, I need to be able to resist the urge to use up my weekly FTs. Only managed to do it once out of 7 gameweeks so far :lol:

For some reason I thought you had more. I might be mistaking you with another poster or you used them up. Anyways, I need to be able to resist the urge to use up my daily FTs. Only managed to do it once out of 7 gameweeks so far :lol:
Probably was me, I used all 3 last week. In hindsight should've saved as Porro/Jota outscored Gabriel/Mbuemo :annoyed:

The key is to have a strong core of nailed players/talismen. Also have a nailed 4th defender and an 8th attacker with attacking potential. This season the only punt/rotation risk I started with was Jota. Been guilty in the past of starting the season with several non-nailed flashy players who become problems within 2-3 GWs. Easy to save FTs if you don't have new fires to put out every week.

Probably was me, I used all 3 last week. In hindsight should've saved as Porro/Jota outscored Gabriel/Mbuemo :annoyed:

The key is to have a strong core of nailed players/talismen. Also have a nailed 4th defender and an 8th attacker with attacking potential. This season the only punt/rotation risk I started with was Jota. Been guilty in the past of starting the season with several non-nailed flashy players who become problems within 2-3 GWs. Easy to save FTs if you don't have new fires to put out every week.

I sold Jota too. Goal contribution in both gameweeks since that :(

That’s why I’m so tempted by Cole Palmer.

Trent down to £4.7m max
Smith Rowe already down to Rogers before price rise)
Diaz to Palmer.

Means you have an elite midfielder without rotation risk but does mean losing Trent.

The other option is wait to see if Diaz starts and leave him and Trent or keep Trent one more week and do Diaz to Jota or whoever else starts?
Jota…

Ended up keeping Jota rather than trade with Diaz to keep as many free trades over the national break in FPL. Lucky choice so far.

Taking Jota out a couple of weeks back after he missed 1 game was pretty dopey.

Might do an international break wildcard and restructure team. Salah out Jota back in probably Palmer in.
Saliba to Gabriel, finally lose Bartolo and get a better support to Haaland in there too.
Get Lewis in too.

I guess avoiding the price drop on Jota is the only silver lining?
The team value I’ve gained from selling Jota has enabled me to have enough to afford everyone I want.

I’m happy enough with it.

Also thinking the points Jota scored vs the value long term I can make the points up.

Team value though currently sitting around:
£101.9m I know people wanting to wildcard over int break who cannot get in the same players due to budget now.

I don't understand these stupid price changes. I had Jota from the season start when he was 7.5m.

Since then his price went up to 7.6m and back to 7.5m again. So why am I losing value on him and will only get 7.4m if I sell him now? :mad:

I don't understand these stupid price changes. I had Jota from the season start when he was 7.5m.

Since then his price went up to 7.6m and back to 7.5m again. So why am I losing value on him and will only get 7.4m if I sell him now? :mad:
He went down to 7.4 last night.

He went down to 7.4 last night.
Did he now... :lol: Guess I didn't refresh FPL since last night. Feck these stupid price changes. Were people really selling him that he went down again...

Lewis at right back, Kovacic and Gundogan in the midfield for City. Implications for Gvardiol and which full back is allowed to attack.

Foden starts.

Stewart starting for Southampton for the first time. A minor one, but was a popular pick for those searching for a 4.5 forward. Rose to 4.6 through his bench miniutes alone.