Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

As a Saka owner, I really wouldn't worry. They scored 4 last week without him involved and surprisingly he very rarely properly hauls. It's an assist fairly often but very few double digit jobs
True, but his involvement is just insane. I am very afraid of a huge haul coming. It only takes one pen given to Arsenal and him converting another chance, and we're looking at some 2G + assist monster score.

True, but his involvement is just insane. I am very afraid of a huge haul coming. It only takes one pen given to Arsenal and him converting another chance, and we're looking at some 2G + assist monster score.
Thanks for perking me up.
Knowing my luck though, he'll have ripped the opponent apart but not in a points way, and comes off 1min before they get 2 pens late on.

Only one decision for my lot. Lewis (FUL H) v Rogers (MUN H) v Wood (CHE A) - bench one.

Got to be the away lad really.

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Konate, Lewis
Saka, Rogers, Mbeumo, Diaz
Haaland, Jackson

Wood, Dibling, Greaves

4-4-2!

Good luck all, may your captains haul!

Will roll the transfer.

Flekken (Vald)
Gabriel porro konsa (Aina, Faes)
Luis Diaz palmer esr saka (Amad)
Strand Larsen havertz haaland (c)

Any recommendations on who to captain and should I drop ESR on bench for Amad?

I hand Mbeumo and he's obviously doing really well but looking at the xG stats, he's far outperforming them so surely a dip should be coming soon? They still have some way fixtures coming to though.

Anyone know much about DCL/form/issues?

Struggling with options and despite their form/results in first few games, a win last time and can’t ignore their fixtures… especially compared to some of my current players

He is what he is, typical Calvert Lewin. You know what you get with him.

The closeness of his career stats vs this season so far is actually remarkable. I know he had that big spike under Ancelotti which skews he career stats but still, it's mental how his form mirrors his career almost perfectly.

Understat:

Career average xG per 90 = 0.47
This season xG per 90 = 0.46

Career average xA per 90 = 0.09
This season xA per 90 = 0.08

Career 51 non-penalty goals from 71.56 non penalty xG, an underperformance of 28.74%
This season 2 non-penalty goals from 2.61 non penalty xG, an underperformance of 23.38%

14723 career minutes, 56 goals, 1 goal every 263 minutes (0.34 per 90)
514 minutes this season, 2 goals, 1 goal every 257 minutes (0.35 per 90)

Expect about 1 goal every 3 games if playing full 90s, anything else a bonus. Perhaps it's a little more over the upcoming fixture run or if Everton bag a couple of penalties.

Could have had a hat-trick v Villa the other week when he scored just 1. That's the only time I've seen him. Scored one, forced a save when clean through another time, dwelt on the ball and got tackled when in an amazing position on another chance. Gets into the right areas often but doesn't always finish well, we all know that.

Last edited:
Right, Pedro is the huge issue, but I waited too long to switch to DCL, not that he's exactly any sort of sure thing!

I have Pedro at 5.5m and have 0.4m to add.

Who we going for?

Jiminez but has City away this week
Delap 2 goals last week but plays for a stinker relegation guaranteed team
Vardy
Welbeck
Antonio is starting games again for WH and they have Ipswich which could be interesting.... is 5.4m so would bank me 0.1 to then add 0.5m to someone next week

Or take a -4 and sacrifice someone else? (Not that i want to lose TAA, Saliba, Saka, Salah or Haaland right now).

I'm comfy playing Wood and ESR most weeks, so this attacker could just be a 1st bench option.
For what it's worth, I'm planning to start Jimenez over Wood this weekend. Wood has faced Chelsea 12 times in the PL and recorded one assist, no goals. Jimenez has 3 assists and 2 goals in 9 against City, which isn't exactly stellar, but it is something, particularly when he's bang in form.

Might be time to jump on Foden. Had a good rest, returned to the first team, reduced in value, has great fixtures and is at 5% ownership.

Lots of upsides to pre-empting a haul

Raya
Gvardiol Konsa Disasi
Saka Palmer Mbeumo Semenyo Rutter
Haaland(C) Watkins

Subs not worth mentioning.

Need a big week this week to start catching up in the various leagues I'm in.

Unsure which defender to bring in out of Van De Ven, Greaves and Faes, given the price difference and the upcoming fixtures . Any thoughts?

Watkins, Haaland, Jackson or Mbuemo again for Captain?

Duran has been getting minutes as of late regularly, plus United will fight for their life, even though, we are atrocious at the back.

Jackson can be really frustrating in front of goal with all his misses, plus Nkunku has been getting more minutes as a sub.

Haaland looks like a different player without De Bruyne in the PL.

Mbuemo plays probably against the worst Wolves team as of late, however, they must start picking up points.

Duran has been getting minutes as of late regularly, plus United will fight for their life, even though, we are atrocious at the back.

Jackson can be really frustrating in front of goal with all his misses, plus Nkunku has been getting more minutes as a sub.

Mbuemo plays probably against the worst Wolves team as of late, however, they must start picking up points.
I don't think Watkins likes playing us and Forest have been pretty good defensively, so I'd be picking between Haaland and Mbuemo. Haaland got a hattrick in this fixture without KDB on the pitch last season, so that's an easy one for me.

Haaland is still comfortably the likeliest to score from those 4.

Do I start ESR, Amad, or Greaves? I'm tempted to go with the latter
Seems a pretty horrible set of options for this weekend to be honest. I think Rashford and Garnacho are both expected to start so bad for Amad. Man City don't look good for clean sheets at the moment so ESR might get a return? But he hasn't done before in 7 attempts. Your instinct is probably right with Greaves - West Ham look a bit shit defending set pieces. And kind of everything else too.

Seems a pretty horrible set of options for this weekend to be honest. I think Rashford and Garnacho are both expected to start so bad for Amad. Man City don't look good for clean sheets at the moment so ESR might get a return? But he hasn't done before in 7 attempts. Your instinct is probably right with Greaves - West Ham look a bit shit defending set pieces. And kind of everything else too.

Cheers, I'm probably going for Greaves. I like to make some curveball picks anyway

Hoping there are leaks from Pool ahead of the deadline - if Diaz is benched today I might as well sell him for Brennan Johnson already

Not very exciting choice! Between ESR and Greaves I think.

Agreed but I'm satisfied with the rest of my team

Raya - TAA Saliba Konsa Greaves - Saka Rogers Palmer - DCL Haaland Solanke

Valdimarsson - Amad ESR THB

This is probably the final team for this GW

Hoping there are leaks from Pool ahead of the deadline - if Diaz is benched today I might as well sell him for Brennan Johnson already

You got me looking at Diaz escape plans now too!

So annoying that one of the most popular assets in the whole game and one of the highest points scorers is a possible rotation risk. PL managers love to make us sweat.

Nearly everyone a minutes risk too, not many 90 minute players these days and that's something I'm looking at this season too. Points are points, but I kind of like the idea of midfielders and forwards who play as many minutes as possible to maximise their chance of scoring some for me on any given day even if they score fewer points per minute overall. Seems like they'd be less exposed to variance.

Might grab Gordon in Isak's absence should Diaz news leak. Ticks those boxes and will have any pens today. Branthwaite possibly injured again for leaky Everton, Myko too.

So annoying that one of the most popular assets in the whole game and one of the highest points scorers is a possible rotation risk. PL managers love to make us sweat.

Nearly everyone a minutes risk too, not many 90 minute players these days and that's something I'm looking at this season too. Points are points, but I kind of like the idea of midfielders and forwards who play as many minutes as possible to maximise their chance of scoring some for me on any given day even if they score fewer points per minute overall. Seems like they'd be less exposed to variance.

Might grab Gordon in Isak's absence should Diaz news leak. Ticks those boxes and will have any pens today. Branthwaite possibly injured again for leaky Everton, Myko too.
Many are going Foden, if they can afford him and downgrade elsewhere. I'm on 2FT but want to keep some over the international break, especially with Myko out - what a terrible pick up on WC.

That’s why I’m so tempted by Cole Palmer.

Trent down to £4.7m max
Smith Rowe already down to Rogers before price rise)
Diaz to Palmer.

Means you have an elite midfielder without rotation risk but does mean losing Trent.

The other option is wait to see if Diaz starts and leave him and Trent or keep Trent one more week and do Diaz to Jota or whoever else starts?

Many are going Foden, if they can afford him and downgrade elsewhere. I'm on 2FT but want to keep some over the international break, especially with Myko out - what a terrible pick up on WC.
Foden is a good option but I always find it stressful trying to figure out who plays for Pep.

Martinelli or Johnson for Eze for a minus 4 worth a punt?

It would mean benching Wood and with a possible WC on the horizon in the next 1-3 GW's it doesn't seem worth the punt?

I'm lacking Arsenal coverage and Southampton at home is a plumb tie..just feels a bit scattergun when anyone of Saka, Trossard, Havertz or Martinelli could haul?!

Johnson is on a bit of a run and I can see Spurs scoring at least twice at Brighton but again, there's plenty of scope for points to be shared around with Spurs!

Martinelli or Johnson for Eze for a minus 4 worth a punt?

It would mean benching Wood and with a possible WC on the horizon in the next 1-3 GW's it doesn't seem worth the punt?

I'm lacking Arsenal coverage and Southampton at home is a plumb tie..just feels a bit scattergun when anyone of Saka, Trossard, Havertz or Martinelli could haul?!

Johnson is on a bit of a run and I can see Spurs scoring at least twice at Brighton but again, there's plenty of scope for points to be shared around with Spurs!
Martinelli is in theory the goal threat.

Roll?

More flexibility next week/week after with 2 or 3 FTs?
Thanks!
Just decided to go high risk and did a -4.
TAA->Lewis and Eze->Foden

Flekken (Fabi)
Gabriel, Lewis, SvdB (Dalot, Faes)
Saka, Foden, Mbeumo, Semenyo (Rogers)
Haaland(c), Havertz, Solanke

High risk, but happy with it. Would go safer if I had a high rank at this stage.

Any Diaz news?

I'm watching a streamer called FPL Fran, he's scouring twitter.

Uncomfirmed leaks he's benched, but last time I mentioned leaks they were wrong and I vowed never to mention any again. :lol: Jota and Curtis Jones starting are big rumours.

This account is interesting, has put up other Liverpool team news in recent weeks. Going to check timestamps and accuracy to see if he's ITK or not.

Raya
TAA - Gabriel - Konsa
Palmer - Saka - Mbuemo - Rogers
Haaland (c) - Wood - Strand Larsen

ESR - Maz - Bellis​

FT saved. Marginal red arrow down to 160k even with Palmer last week. Desperately need a solid green arrow going into the break.

Has anyone thought about Szoboszlai at 6.5m? He's been Liverpool's starting #10 this season and plays in a Bruno type role, or at least a somewhat similar one under Slot.

However, his projected xGA over the course of 38 games, based on the small sample size of 6 games so far, is only around 14.

I don't love Liverpool's upcoming run of fixtures, either. Maybe around December he could be a viable pick, if the further information that will be available by then suggests that he will amass good numbers.

Last edited:
Cheers for Diaz news switched him for Mbuemo he is too risky keeping with rotation risk and upcoming internationals.

Ok lads, that red memoribila account on Twitter seems quite legit. Don't want to say for sure but looking like Diaz might well be benched.

Correct lineup v Bologna 1 hour 26 minutes before kick off

Correct lineup v Milan 1 hour 16 minutes before kick off

Correct lineup v Forest 1 hour 45 minutes before kick off

Correct lineup v Brentford 1 hour 22 minutes before kick off

Nothing wrong yet that I've seen. Teamsheets officially out 1 hour ahead of time usually. Today's post was 1 hour 51 minutes before kick off.

Last edited: