Fabrizio Romano

I get that "here we go" is his catchphrase and it doesn't matter how laughable it is, many people seem to love it. Okay, it's a lost cause. But what about the "Understand" at the beginning? What the feck is that shit about? :lol:
It means he understands. As in 'according to my sources...'

Romano is an entertainer, a spreader of rumors and often established facts, nothing more. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I think Fabrizio's biggest issue is that he's everywhere at every time. Yet its not how transfers (who are rather complex) work. So Romano had developed this rather frustrating but effective way how to comment on transfers without saying anything at all. The same info is recycled time and time again and diluted to such an extent thus creating a level of frustration to those who want actual news.

I get that "here we go" is his catchphrase and it doesn't matter how laughable it is, many people seem to love it. Okay, it's a lost cause. But what about the "Understand" at the beginning? What the feck is that shit about? :lol:
I think you’ve misunderstood the intention of the word ‘understand’ in this context.

I follow him for maybe two years, he is probably only football journalist I follow and I don't think any of his breakthrough transfers have actually been breakthrough, I would always read it somewhere first. He basically just collects daily news and reports it after few hours.

He is also making most of his videos about United from what I can see, his breaking news that some of our players are injured after Ten Hag already said it in his press conference. He also sounds very serious about it, it's like he is talking about some serial killer, and not transfer targets or injured players. I have no idea why I follow him.

I thought I'd give him another try but just unfollowed him again, summed up by his minute by minute coverage of the Dani Olmo deal. The only thing missing so far is Dani just nipped into the Gents at the airport before boarding his flight while his dad bought a big bag of wine gums for the trip. Tedious beyond belief.

His recent tweets pretty much confirm he's on payroll of people.

Romano is an entertainer, a spreader of rumors and often established facts, nothing more. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Because he's taking money from agents to hype players' profiles and portraying himself as a reporter/journalist and not a PR agency. It's bad ethics and it's rightly being criticised.

Because he's taking money from agents to hype players' profiles and portraying himself as a reporter/journalist and not a PR agency. It's bad ethics and it's rightly being criticised.

It’s fair game to be critical of Romano, but it’s fair game by Romano to dupe people into believing he has anything important to report as “news”, just as it’s fair game for Goldbridge to waste the time of morons who watch his 60 minute shows devoid any real factual content or analysis.

It’s fair game to be critical of Romano, but it’s fair game by Romano to dupe people into believing he has anything important to report as “news”, just as it’s fair game for Goldbridge to waste the time of morons who watch his 60 minute shows devoid any real factual content or analysis.
I don't think it is, and I don't think it's ethical to present yourself as a journalist/reporter when you're on the payroll of agents to enhance their customers' profile.

There's no "hate" (as that word has been thrown around in here) towards him, I just find it strange how people will want to defend him when he quite evidently has more than dubious ethics. And the fact others have just as shit morals doesn't make it right - they're just as shit as he is.

I don't think it is, and I don't think it's ethical to present yourself as a journalist/reporter when you're on the payroll of agents to enhance their customers' profile.

There's no "hate" (as that word has been thrown around in here) towards him, I just find it strange how people will want to defend him when he quite evidently has more than dubious ethics. And the fact others have just as shit morals doesn't make it right - they're just as shit as he is.
Where does he do that? I don't see it mentioned anywhere on his socials. He's a "sports journalist" according to Wikipedia but I doubt he wrote that himself.

Found a way to monetize something he's passionate about and seems to be working extremely hard around the clock to grow his business. Hardly something I would call unethical, and it's a useful source for casual fans who just want to be updated about the most important transfer news without having to follow 50 different insiders. Pretty harmless unless I'm missing something big.

Where does he do that? I don't see it mentioned anywhere on his socials. He's a "sports journalist" according to Wikipedia but I doubt he wrote that himself.

Found a way to monetize something he's passionate about and seems to be working extremely hard around the clock to grow his business. Hardly something I would call unethical, and it's a useful source for casual fans who just want to be updated about the most important transfer news without having to follow 50 different insiders. Pretty harmless unless I'm missing something big.
His LinkedIn profile - which he updates with his "scoops".

It's also how he's presented on The Guardian ("freelance journalist").

His LinkedIn profile - which he updates with his "scoops".

It's also how he's presented on The Guardian ("freelance journalist").
Oh okay, only checked Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

I guess "strawman for football agents" wouldn't come off in the same way as freelance journalist. Might not be the most ethical thing to do in that instance, but like I said, pretty harmless thing imo. The people who care can see through it, and the people who don't aren't being harmed in any way unless I'm missing something.

It's not only agents that have him on the payroll. A couple of big clubs also have him make sure that the most favorable narrative for them is put out there.

Oh okay, only checked Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

I guess "strawman for football agents" wouldn't come off in the same way as freelance journalist. Might not be the most ethical thing to do in that instance, but like I said, pretty harmless thing imo. The people who care can see through it, and the people who don't aren't being harmed in any way unless I'm missing something.
I don't see why something has to be "harmful" to be unethical. That's the strawman.

Journalism as a profession is linked to a series of ethical principles, being able to be objective, impartial and have a level of independence is important. These principles are challenging enough when you actually do your job in the most professional manner, it shouldn't be devalued even further.

And if you absolutely need "harm" to be convinced, having people like him parading as journalists is harmful to the few professionals who are actually doing their work following those principles.

I don't have an issue with this guy "existing" (for lack of a better word) - I find it strange that he has hordes of followers for very low level content, which is mainly piggy backing other people's actual work, but if people are happy, that's fine. I do have an issue with people taking his defence when he's just being called out for what he is - a hack with no ethics.

Because he's misleading people, lying to make money.

I don't see why something has to be "harmful" to be unethical. That's the strawman.

Journalism as a profession is linked to a series of ethical principles, being able to be objective, impartial and have a level of independence is important. These principles are challenging enough when you actually do your job in the most professional manner, it shouldn't be devalued even further.

And if you absolutely need "harm" to be convinced, having people like him parading as journalists is harmful to the few professionals who are actually doing their work following those principles.

I don't have an issue with this guy "existing" (for lack of a better word) - I find it strange that he has hordes of followers for very low level content, which is mainly piggy backing other people's actual work, but if people are happy, that's fine. I do have an issue with people taking his defence when he's just being called out for what he is - a hack with no ethics.
Hmm yeah that's true. I personally just wouldn't call what he does "journalism", but in the broad sense of the word it probably is (or at least he's portraying it as such). Certainly not my aim to try and defend him in here.

Hes a free lance reporter with a focus on creating content.

Different strategy and work goals to the likes of Ornstein & co. Both have to maintain credibility but have different ways to express their news.

He used to be an actual journalist when he started, then he got big enough, money started rolling in and he pretty much dropped journalistic integrity and ethics on favour of making money. Technically he still is a journalist. It's also not all that weird for sports journalists to be like that over here(and by here I mean southern europe - Italy, Spain, Portugal, some parts of France, etc)

I don’t understand people complaining about something they aren’t obliged to see or listen to? He’s never first on transfer news so you aren’t missing out on anything not following him.

It’s interesting, for a while Romano was writing for the Guardian, but haven’t seen in a while (unless I’ve just missed it). Did they get wise to his game?

It’s interesting, for a while Romano was writing for the Guardian, but haven’t seen in a while (unless I’ve just missed it). Did they get wise to his game?
He's probably earning a crap ton in social media revenue, as much as you all complain if you were in his position you would do exactly the same.

Mind you outside of United, he still breaks a lot of news. So a lot of the chatter here isn't even warranted, he just doesn't have the ins are United.

He might just be writing from time to time, as a sort of badge thing (to keep those ties with a reputable publication). Or maybe he's earning enough from his other grift and doesn't need it.

He is white noise now for me, I just ignore his constant droning tweets and updates. Absolutely worthless. How people can respect what he does is beyond me.

I historically wouldn’t celebrate a signing until they were splashed all over the website with a shirt.

Fabrizio enables the ‘celebrations’ a day or two earlier with his ‘here we go’ bollox

That’s all he’s good for. All the build up and the bits in between is nonsense

I don’t understand people complaining about something they aren’t obliged to see or listen to? He’s never first on transfer news so you aren’t missing out on anything not following him.

He has his moments. For example last month Chelsea signed Renato Veiga from Basel and there were zero reports anywhere about it until Romano confirmed it as a done deal and the official club confirmation followed a few days after. Other than that I just take him for what he is, a guy who works tirelessly around the clock to piece together reports he's collected from any number of journalists with actual credibility. He's done this long enough to know which sources are generally speaking trustworthy enough for him to pass on the information.

It's a bit silly how he keeps tweeting about the same things over and over again without adding anything new to the story in order to maximize the amount of interactions and thus earn himself some more money but that money is not coming out of my pocket so I couldn't really care less.

My only real issue with Romano is lately he's started regularly "reporting" about some U15 players with the sole intention of hyping them up. Players that young have no business getting the attention of 30 million followers no matter how promising they are. Once they turn professional it's fair game but at 13-14 they should just be allowed to be kids for a little while longer.

I can't follow all the journos and filter the reliable ones and get transfer news from all over Europe. Romano does that.
It is easier to follow him and get those news. That is about it.
I don't worship him or argue on internet forums that he is the best. Some apparently do.

He's probably earning a crap ton in social media revenue, as much as you all complain if you were in his position you would do exactly the same.

Mind you outside of United, he still breaks a lot of news. So a lot of the chatter here isn't even warranted, he just doesn't have the ins are United.
Yeah I don’t have a huge problem with him; his breaking updates are rarely of great significance, but he comes across as a pretty affable guy.

Where ornie leads, romano follows. The guy is becoming a better tap in merchant to pippo inzaghi

Hyping up Greenwood relentlessly. Clearly on the payroll. I will not rest until everyone else sees him for the morally bankrupt hack that he is.